Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver coordinators on Vikings radar....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    Guys like Elway and Manning bring absolute and instant credibility to their programs. If guys have success underneath that scaffolding of leadership it legitimizes those successes. A Stamp of Legitimacy embossed over the accolades. People around the Manning's the Elway's and the Bradys or the Rodgers of the world tend to get promoted. No big shocker. I just hate that our Coordinators have been taking HC jobs inside our division.

Everyone just saw the last OC of Denver -more specifically -OC of Manning- go to SD and 'heal' their QB woes and get into the postseason in 1 season. Do you think McCoy's time with Manning had anything to do with that? I do. Rivers has been taught one of Manning's secrets or philosophies. I'm not taking anything from Mike McCoy either. McCoy is doing a respectable job. It just sux he's a Dolt because I really would rather have been a fan of his.

Even if we lose Gase, I don't think Elway will let anything gunk up the gears of our offense. We will be fine. Manning is the real core to this offense. The coordinator is there to help Manning not teach him. And with Manning there, we don't need a wizard at OC. We just need someone who can stay out of the way of our stuff we know works and be able to adjust on the fly according to how the game is going. Having said that, a good OC vs a bad OC is till important. He just doesn't have to be exceptional.

After all that's really what Gase did didn't he? Sure he's brought a much less conservative game to the offense this year - but who is to say it wasn't Manning who influences the aggressive disposition of our offense.

We'll be ok. I do respect that Gase decided to NOT take any interviews until this run is over. If we lose Gase I hope he goes to a relatively neutral team so I can root for him.

I'd like for JDR to stick around till Manning calls it quits. I'd love to have a real Mike Nolan or the like should we lose JDR. I don't think it would be hard to lure a talented DC here as long as Manning is around and this team is playing as well as we are.
    Great post, the reason I give McCoy so much respect isn't for what he did for Rivers, It's for him scrapping his whole system that he had in place for Orton & installing the whole read option for Tebow, spread option whatever it's called. That was pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
      With a chance to win a Super Bowl now, or a potential job interview, I'm going to wager that the Broncos coaches will hold off until the post-season ends.

Also, Gase deserves some credit. The offensive creativity we've seen this year is largely by his design. Manning is just a master student and will learn any system put in front of him, wedge in some of his own stuff, and make decisions on the field he's comfortable with.

I agree with this I have watched Manning for some years and in most interviews he has said he likes to be coached. I do know that must he is given a number of plays then goes to the one that will work best with that deffense

Comment

I do not understand the thought philosophy of if a coach wins with a group of players on one team they will win with a different set of players on a different team. Winning with Manning or Elway is not the same as winning with Pryor or Schaub.

Sorry it ain't going to happen by changing coaches.
        sigpic
        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
          I do not understand the thought philosophy of if a coach wins with a group of players on one team they will win with a different set of players on a different team. Winning with Manning or Elway is not the same as winning with Pryor or Schaub.

Very true, alot has to do with the talent on the team and no matter who the coach, if the talent isn't good enough to win then the coach usually doesn't. But some coaches are very good if given the right players. And some coaches IMO have won with less talented teams. I would argue that neither SB winning giants team was as good as the patriots team they played but Coughlin came up with good game plans and got his players ready to play and coaching was huge in those. Not too mention coaches who have gone to multiple organizations and been successful. Look at Bill Parcells, He took multiple teams into the playoffs and won 2 superbowls with 2 seperate qbs. How about Gruden, he took the raiders to a tuck rule away from the SB and he won with the Bucs team after Tony Dungy was let go from for not being able to win a SB with and then Dungy wins one with the Colts.
          Last edited by FL BRONCO; 12-30-2013, 10:41 PM.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

If for whatever reason Fox retires after this season (we win the SB or he decides his health takes priority) I would love to see Gase promoted to HC. Not sure how Del Rio would like that but I don't want to see him as HC.

I wonder if Shanahan would consider coming back as an OC if he can't get a HC job somewhere else (I give that about a 3% chance of him coming back). I think his style of offense would be best for Brock, Brock is big but he can run.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

The Boston Globe reported today that the Browns are interested in Josh Mcdaniels for head coaching job

Comment

Eric Mangini style ehh

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson going down that path.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos4SB2013 View Post
                  The Boston Globe reported today that the Browns are interested in Josh Mcdaniels for head coaching job
                  Great! As long as he's not coming to Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                    With a chance to win a Super Bowl now, or a potential job interview, I'm going to wager that the Broncos coaches will hold off until the post-season ends.

Also, Gase deserves some credit. The offensive creativity we've seen this year is largely by his design. Manning is just a master student and will learn any system put in front of him, wedge in some of his own stuff, and make decisions on the field he's comfortable with.
                    100% agreed! I said earlier when someone claimed that manning is our offensive coordinator and gase is just a fake OC. I have never seen manning run 75% of our offense, Gase has called some of the most creative plays I have ever seen in Denver and has opened our offense up into the greatest offense in league history. Some fans just can't be happy
                    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

It will fall, where it will fall. While I hope these coaches get the opportunity, I'm assuming Super Bowl winning OC/DC etc, will do wonders for the resume, so interviewing in February will be best, or keeping the band together and going for two would be pretty Ingle too.
                      sigpic
                      The Bronco fan pledge;
                      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post

I think you're right about that. Could be like driving a Ferrari, then moving down to a Pinto.

Comment

If Gase leaves, Kubiak has to be the replacement. If Del Rio leaves, give me Wade Phillips!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                            If Gase leaves, Kubiak has to be the replacement. If Del Rio leaves, give me Wade Phillips!
                            Wade will never be back in Denver

Comment

Working...
                            X