I Like How The Coaching Staff Has Managed Our Running Backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseH View Post
    Was it just me, or did it seem like they threw quite a bit more to Moreno against The Raiders, it sure seemed like it, and I really liked what I saw when they threw to Moreno because it seemed to be something lacking in our offense, but I guess I could see why when you have so many other weapons.

You can't help but respect Moreno, you didn't hear him rant and rave when he was benched, you saw him just put the work in to get better, and what do you know, it paid off! I can't help but think anyone else drafted in his position might of thrown a fit, demanded a trade, even the real possibility of him throwing in the towel and becoming another 1st round bust.

Ball is starting to look great, too. I love how hard he runs and drives with the ball. Have many of you seen this sports science video with Montee Ball?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjvEf9OrZA
    Thx for the sports science video! Montee is a very well-conditioned, athletic individual. I see him as a starter as early as next year, but I want Knowshon heavily involved as well. The combination of the two is getting better and better, as Montee learns the game and all its nuances.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hartley;4892687]Wow never saw that sports science, thanks![QUOTE]

Yeah! I came across that after searching him out after the draft. The video really shows off his driving power pulling 150lbs of dead weight, he did better than anyone so it honestly wasn't a huge shock seeing him drive for those tough yards.

Comment

I just like the fact that the running backs are going into the playoffs healthy & pretty fresh really.

Comment

People claim the offense struggled a lot in last year's playoff game, but it really didn't. Holliday's two returns meant the defense was out there longer/offense had less rhythm, and Hillman was the only RB left.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
            People claim the offense struggled a lot in last year's playoff game, but it really didn't. Holliday's two returns meant the defense was out there longer/offense had less rhythm, and Hillman was the only RB left.
            Agreed, but the offense most certainly looked better with Knowshon in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              Agreed, but the offense most certainly looked better with Knowshon in that game.
              Yes, hence the Hillman comment. My point is there are logical explanations for what happened in that game. It wasn't about Manning's arm in the cold, or "not wanting it," or the defense suddenly disappearing, etc.

Comment

For the most part I agree with you Can, I would've like to have seen CJ given more time on the field to develope and see how he did especially when Hillman was benched and in this last game vs. the Raiders. But I also know I'm a lil partial to him. I think our coaches have done a great job all in all with our RB situation as well as the whole offense
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                  I mention that alot.

Den was down to Hillman, Lance Ball, and Jacob Hester at RB.

Two of those are off the team, the other rarely plays.

Having a running game is pretty big in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    I mention that alot.

Den was down to Hillman, Lance Ball, and Jacob Hester at RB.

Two of those are off the team, the other rarely plays.

Having a running game is pretty big in the postseason.
                    Running from a Single Back Formation using 11 personnel most of the time is also a big deal. I think the Broncos were about 60/40 pass in the season. They may want to be more balanced in the playoffs. It all depends on what PM sees when he's using the play clock at LOS to study the D.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                    X