Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing it up for the playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changing it up for the playoffs

    I wonder if it would be worth it to make some changes that could catch some teams off guard, like play the second half at a faster pace al-la Chip Kelly's style. If done in the second half, the opponent won't be able to adjust during halftime.

    I also saw a lot of throws going to DT yesterday, and in the previous weeks it was mostly Decker, I wonder if they are anticipating letting teams to take out one receiver and working the other one? Purposely letting the defense double-team a WR and then just use the other WR. I can see them featuring Andre Caldwell.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

  • #2
    Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
    I wonder if it would be worth it to make some changes that could catch some teams off guard, like play the second half at a faster pace al-la Chip Kelly's style. If done in the second half, the opponent won't be able to adjust during halftime.

    I also saw a lot of throws going to DT yesterday, and in the previous weeks it was mostly Decker, I wonder if they are anticipating letting teams to take out one receiver and working the other one? Purposely letting the defense double-team a WR and then just use the other WR. I can see them featuring Andre Caldwell.
    Caldwell's speed would be something to take advantage of more often. I don't know if I would start trying new things anywhere else though.

    Comment


    • #3
      Changing the pace with Peyton's quick release would put a lot of pressure on the opponent's defense and in Mile High's altitude it would take maximum advantage of the home field. Plus, nothing new would need to be learned, just do what you do faster rather trying something new that needed to be learned.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

      Comment


      • #4
        If they have any ideas on special plays for Holiday this would be a good time to bring them to the table.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
          Changing the pace with Peyton's quick release would put a lot of pressure on the opponent's defense and in Mile High's altitude it would take maximum advantage of the home field. Plus, nothing new would need to be learned, just do what you do faster rather trying something new that needed to be learned.
          Speeding it up would be great if it works, but it worries me cause we have had some problems with mistakes and sometimes there tend to be more when you speed it up. I think if we just clean up the mistakes and turnovers we should do fine.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm sure the Broncos have some tricks up their sleeves, but I don't see them changing a whole lot. Just executing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              I'm sure the Broncos have some tricks up their sleeves, but I don't see them changing a whole lot. Just executing.
              This ^^^^^^^
              sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

              Comment


              • #8
                Gase has been much less conservative than McCoy/Fox in trying new stuff.

                There's only two ways this offense seems to stutter. First, if you can consistently hit/move Peyton off his mark (e.g. what Mathis did to perfection) and make him uncomfortable in his 3 WR sets, and Second if you can get him to check into a running play (e.g. show 2 high safeties, 4-5 in the box) on early downs AND still be lucky enough to stuff them...you can force Broncos into 3-and-outs via run-run-incomplete.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Defenses aren't going to want to tackle Moreno or ball in the cold weather and this mammoth o-line is going to be able to move players back especially if it snows.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dont need to change much, do what got you there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was actually thinking about this today and praying to myself that we DONT try to do much different. Playing like we have set all time records this year, dont fix what isnt broke! I hope we dont try to morph into some kind of "play off type football" where you have to run physical and play good D cause thats not us, lets embrace who we are and chuck the ball all over the place and run to keep em honest and close out 4th quarters hopefully.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Montana Bronco View Post
                        I was actually thinking about this today and praying to myself that we DONT try to do much different. Playing like we have set all time records this year, dont fix what isnt broke! I hope we dont try to morph into some kind of "play off type football" where you have to run physical and play good D cause thats not us, lets embrace who we are and chuck the ball all over the place and run to keep em honest and close out 4th quarters hopefully.
                        Well, I ask this only because all three teams we lost to are in the playoffs as well and they are all in the AFC too, so do we just do the same thing and hope for a different outcome? We have a bye week, why not use it?
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                          I wonder if it would be worth it to make some changes that could catch some teams off guard, like play the second half at a faster pace al-la Chip Kelly's style. If done in the second half, the opponent won't be able to adjust during halftime.

                          I also saw a lot of throws going to DT yesterday, and in the previous weeks it was mostly Decker, I wonder if they are anticipating letting teams to take out one receiver and working the other one? Purposely letting the defense double-team a WR and then just use the other WR. I can see them featuring Andre Caldwell.
                          Not to be a smartypants but isn't his what we already do? The hurry up is reserved for the second half as it should be.

                          Defensive lineman will tire at a faster rate in the second half no matter what adjustments were made. The lack of planned substitutions will throw off packages designed to stop third down conversions etc. The league has never seen the likes of this offense! In response to a reporters badgering about the defense Elway simply responded "If we need to score more points, we'll score more points."
                          [sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I hear what your saying, but in my opinion we use the bye week to work on special teams getting better(even if you have to play more starters) D needs to work on playing assignment football, running to the ball at all times and being where theyre supposed to be on every play(ya i know we should have that by now....) cutting down on penalties even if you bring in some refs for some practices, stressing taking care of the ball, and i think we'd be fine. Now im not against adding a few wrinkles here and there, sure.... but lets just focus on playing good sound smart football and not get cute is all im saying.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                              I wonder if it would be worth it to make some changes that could catch some teams off guard, like play the second half at a faster pace al-la Chip Kelly's style. If done in the second half, the opponent won't be able to adjust during halftime.

                              I also saw a lot of throws going to DT yesterday, and in the previous weeks it was mostly Decker, I wonder if they are anticipating letting teams to take out one receiver and working the other one? Purposely letting the defense double-team a WR and then just use the other WR. I can see them featuring Andre Caldwell.
                              Why tinker the offense which is working great? Instead, try some thing creative on the defense to generate better pass rush?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X