Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we lose Gase, who's down for some Kubiak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we lose Gase, who's down for some Kubiak?

If Adam Gase gets his shot at a head coaching job, what would my fellow Broncos fans think of bringing in Gary Kubiak? I personally would love it.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Outside of nostalgia reasons I don't really see the point.

Comment

No, I wouldn't want him. I haven't seen a great deal of creativity in his offense and would rather move on with someone else.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Yeah not a fan of the idea of him coming. His style of offense goes against a lot of what the Broncos have tried to build up with Peyton and company.

Comment

I don't think Gase will leave. He's got another year with Manning at least which will boost his chances even more of securing a head coaching job. Adam is still very young and has plenty of time ahead if him to be a head coach but how many times are you able to work along side one of the best players who played the game. Be stupid to leave if you ask me.

Comment

Gase isn't going anywhere this year. He's still too young and inexperienced to get an HC offer (I think teams learned from our JMD debacle). Give him a couple more years of seasoning as an OC, then he'll be ready.

Comment

I would just promote Knapp. He has had OC experience and has had a year in our system.
              Last edited by andrewmlb; 12-31-2013, 07:37 AM.
              I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
              I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
              I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
              "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
              God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
              Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

No. I just can't imagine Manning running 5-6 rollout bootleg throws a game. Not his style at all. Maybe a when there is a younger more mobile QB at the helm. But in the near future......no.

Comment

No thank you, you should poll the thread
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    No. I just can't imagine Manning running 5-6 rollout bootleg throws a game. Not his style at all. Maybe a when there is a younger more mobile QB at the helm. But in the near future......no.
                    Thing is I think we Kubes can adjust the offense to fit Manning. I am thinking specifically of WHEN we have a younger QB (brock) that he'd be perfect.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't believe Gase will leave. He's postponed any interviews until Denver's postseason is over with (whenever that may be). I think that's at least a strong sign that he'll stay put.

Comment

The Shanny/Kubiak offense of the 90's is outdated and predicatable. No thanks.

Comment

Depends on how mobile Brock (or whoever the QB is after Manning) is. Doesn't really matter much for Manning as even if he does another year, Kubes wouldn't fully rock the boat. But with Bell, Moreno, Clady, Black & Decker, JT, and the rest of that offense, the right "West Coast" type of QB could slaughter opponents. If u compared those pieces to 1996-1998, they are quite a darn good comparo. DT-----Smith, Deck-----EdMac, JT------Sharpe, Moreno/Bell------Griffith/TD, 2013 Ol-----that OL, etc....... It could yield some interesting results.

The only part of it is how does Fox take Elway having him hire his guy? Now it was common thought that when everyone thought Kubes was going to be fired in 2010, that he would be Elway's top choice. When that didn't happen Fox seemed to be a consolation prize. A safe sure bet, yet a conservative Dan Reeves type coach. And many wondered how the marriage would work because of how Elway and Reeves clashed at times. So if Elway were to have Fox hire Kubes, would that be a sign of change to come? Basically would it lead to Elway putting the "old band" back together? Because with Kubes probably comes one, or both, of the Shannies........
                          #swapping

Comment

I dont understand what everyone's infatuation with kubiak is... ok yes he helped us in the past(and by past it's a decade and a half)... but this is the here and now... we need new innovative minds not ones that are so set in the ways of the past that they refuse to go towards the future...

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                              Basically would it lead to Elway putting the "old band" back together? Because with Kubes probably comes one, or both, of the Shannies........
                              shoot

me

now
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X