Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Stat for Those who Claim Record Chasing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interesting Stat for Those who Claim Record Chasing

    From ESPN's Power Rankings page:

    "The Broncos' 606 points topped the 2007 Patriots by 17. The Broncos scored only 68 points when up by at least 17, though, half of the 2007 Pats' total."

    So for those who claim that Manning and the Broncos were running up the score trying to reach for records, they might want to take into consideration that Brady and the Pats put up twice as many points in 2007 after having a 17 point lead than the Broncos did this year.

    So who was chasing stats and records now?

  • #2
    But according to their fans Manning's passes don't count cause they were all short passes. Only Baby Boy Brady can be the bestest according to them.

    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          I remember a few of those games.

          Like the 38-0 lead against the Redskins, where the Patriots went for it on 4th down from their own 20 and dialed up a bomb to Randy Moss. That was in the 4th quarter mind you.

          Or the game against the Dolphins where, after being up 42-7, the Dolphins scored a couple of 4th quarter touchdowns to get within 21, so Belichick put Brady BACK in the game late to score another touchdown.

          Or the first meeting against the Bills where Tom and Co. went into the 4th quarter up 31-7, and they scored another garbage time touchdown just because. Even later in the game, after an interception, the Patriots went for it on 4th down in Bills territory trying to score.

          I don't really care, but anyone who thinks this Broncos team was running up the score clearly didn't watch the games (compared to that 07 Patriots team).

          Comment


          • #6
            I just wish they'd get their stories straight.

            - Manning has the best receiving corps in the history of the world, yet apparently they're only capable of scoring on short passes inside the 5 yard line.

            - The Patriots' 2007 season is much better because they won by an average of almost 20 ppg vs the Broncos 13 ppg, yet the Broncos ran up the score WAY MORE!

            - Brady's 2007 season is much better because he threw far fewer passes to get his TDs (the whopping difference between 8.651 TD% and 8.346 TD%) ignoring that Manning's 2004 season required far fewer passes (9.859 TD%).
            Last edited by dbjeff; 12-31-2013, 04:38 PM.
            "This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
            "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FieldisaPat View Post
              From ESPN's Power Rankings page:

              "The Broncos' 606 points topped the 2007 Patriots by 17. The Broncos scored only 68 points when up by at least 17, though, half of the 2007 Pats' total."

              So for those who claim that Manning and the Broncos were running up the score trying to reach for records, they might want to take into consideration that Brady and the Pats put up twice as many points in 2007 after having a 17 point lead than the Broncos did this year.

              So who was chasing stats and records now?
              Meaning that the Pats ran up the score a lot more when they had a 17 pt or more lead. Pats fans live in denial every day. I love it.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Sigh, such hypocrites. They were all whining about it on sports radio up here in Boston. Whatever!
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                Comment


                • #9
                  I also dont remember Denver running up the score all that much.

                  Manning didnt even play in the 2nd half vs Oak.

                  Didnt play in the 4th vs Phi.

                  Those were the biggest blowouts i remember.

                  The others they just ran clock.

                  I remember NE running it up a LOT.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dbjeff View Post
                    I just wish they'd get their stories straight.

                    - Manning has the best receiving corps in the history of the world, yet apparently they're only capable of scoring on short passes inside the 5 yard line.

                    - The Patriots' 2007 season is much better because they won by an average of almost 20 ppg vs the Broncos 13 ppg, yet the Broncos ran up the score WAY MORE!

                    - Brady's 2007 season is much better because he threw far fewer passes to get his TDs (the whopping difference between 8.651 TD% and 8.346 TD%) ignoring that Manning's 2004 season required far fewer passes (9.859 TD%).
                    The funny thing is I've seen them make all of these claims first hand. Literally the worst fan-base in America.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      When one uses a Big Lebowski gif, one deserves +500 internet points.

                      Epic movie is epic, lol.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        I also dont remember Denver running up the score all that much.

                        Manning didnt even play in the 2nd half vs Oak.

                        Didnt play in the 4th vs Phi.

                        Those were the biggest blowouts i remember.

                        The others they just ran clock.

                        I remember NE running it up a LOT.
                        Lol agreed. I'm shocked they didn't try to say our defense sucked on purpose this year so that Manning couldn't tack on more!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                          But according to their fans Manning's passes don't count cause they were all short passes. Only Baby Boy Brady can be the bestest according to them.

                          Crying and screaming.

                          Don't ever change Brady. lol
                          Team Broncos!
                          2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FieldisaPat View Post
                            From ESPN's Power Rankings page:

                            "The Broncos' 606 points topped the 2007 Patriots by 17. The Broncos scored only 68 points when up by at least 17, though, half of the 2007 Pats' total."

                            So for those who claim that Manning and the Broncos were running up the score trying to reach for records, they might want to take into consideration that Brady and the Pats put up twice as many points in 2007 after having a 17 point lead than the Broncos did this year.

                            So who was chasing stats and records now?
                            Pats were not record chasing... Belicheks attitude is not just beat you, pound you and embarass you... he does not care about the rematch... Brady never gets yanked... Sean Payton is the same with Saints... Brees is still throwing bombs up by 25 in Q4... Brees never gets yanked... we could learn 1 lesson from them... most of the time, Peyton runs twice and passes 3rd when holding a lead... killing time, but a lot of 3 and outs against good Ds... it may not run the clock, but our O is best when Peyton throws 55 times... it will serve us well in the playoffs... we go conservative instead of the knockout score... he throws a lot less in the second half and we lose momentum...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by snewguy View Post
                              Pats were not record chasing... Belicheks attitude is not just beat you, pound you and embarass you... he does not care about the rematch... Brady never gets yanked... Sean Payton is the same with Saints... Brees is still throwing bombs up by 25 in Q4... Brees never gets yanked... we could learn 1 lesson from them... most of the time, Peyton runs twice and passes 3rd when holding a lead... killing time, but a lot of 3 and outs against good Ds... it may not run the clock, but our O is best when Peyton throws 55 times... it will serve us well in the playoffs... we go conservative instead of the knockout score... he throws a lot less in the second half and we lose momentum...
                              That's not going to happen in the playoffs, because there is no such thing as the "classy" way to close out a playoff game.

                              Also, I think New England was the only game where Denver blew a lead, and it had nothing to do with conservative play. Show me where their attempts to run out the clock in the 2nd half has cost them the game.

                              Pats were definitely record chasing, and W-L chasing. Brees record chases the yardage mark every season. Those two teams don't seem to have an approach better than Denver's. Which of the 3 teams has the best record and home field advantage?
                              Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-31-2013, 07:59 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X