Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam Gase really making a name for himself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Gase really making a name for himself...

I really like what Adam Gase has done since we made him our OC. Granted last year we had a pretty bomb offense.. but this year we were off the hook. Manning looked good, the receivers looked good. And our line was shakey at times but really stepped up. We are playing just how we need to. I like the charisma in him when he speaks, and I love how his plan to "play with a lead" turned into slaughter on sight..

How would you feel about him potentially being a HC after Foxxy? The dude is definitely very clever.. and could be the next Mike Shanahan type coach.

I would say with at least 2 more years experience. Then i would say YES! I like the work he does, I know he works real hard at whatever he does. I really hope we don't loose him to some crummy team like Cleveland.

I'm not sure how long Foxy wants to keep the reigns.
    Last edited by johntbronco; 01-01-2014, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Somebody slap me if I sound like a complete idiot.. but here's what I see..

If we go to the SB and win. John Fox would retire. Elway would assign JDR as HC and pay him a bunch of money. Gase will remain OC and Elway will replace the DC position in whatever way he deems clever.

If we lose the SB, I feel Elway may very well ask Fox to step down. I think he has too much respect to fire him, but watch Fox step down. Maybe even become an assistant, but step down. Elway will then instate JDR.

I know Fox is a good coach and has done wonders for our team in spirit.. but with the tools he has been given the past 2 years with Peyton on top of the year prior with Tebow. He's had the talent level of a SB team. He just hasn't been able to make it happen. And with Manning's comeback season and the record breaking season the year after.. Elway might not find it any beneficial to keep Fox around.
      Last edited by Denver Mike; 01-01-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
        I would say with at least 2 more years experience. Then i would say YES! I like the work he does, I know he works real hard at whatever he does. I really hope we don't loose him to some crummy team like Cleavland.

I'm not sure how long Foxy wants to keep the reigns.
        Fox has 1 more year left on his deal.

I think he said this is it.

So i wouldnt mind Gase taking over if thats true.

I think Gase is an extremely smart coach, but i could see him leave unfortunately

Comment

Gase is creative with plays and gets the X's and O's. But so much more to being a good coach than drawing plays for Peyton Manning. There's leadership, motivation, talent scouting, administration, game management...he needs to show some chops there first. Otherwise you get a McDaniels (good at the X's and O's, not ready for anything else) or a Jason Garrett who's in over his head.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

I think Gase is an extremely smart coach, but i could see him leave unfortunately

He has declined all interviews until after the post season. Which I respect enormously. Last year that snake in the grass McCoy was hamming it up for the cameras before San Diego hired him.. Shows that maybe Gase has a bit of character and loyalty..

Elway is a man of deals, if he wants Gase bad enough.. he'll be able to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

If Fox has one more year left and said this is it, make Gase the HC in waiting.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
                Gase is creative with plays and gets the X's and O's. But so much more to being a good coach than drawing plays for Peyton Manning. There's leadership, motivation, talent scouting, administration, game management...he needs to show some chops there first. Otherwise you get a McDaniels (good at the X's and O's, not ready for anything else) or a Jason Garrett who's in over his head.

This of course is my greatest worry.. but if Elway would throw the cash at JDR and make him a household name with a built in suite as a manager of our Defense.. Maybe they could make it into a powerhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  If Fox has one more year left and said this is it, make Gase the HC in waiting.
                  Maybe they have an "under the table" deal, and thats why he declined interviews until after season.
                  Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

I want to see his offense without PFM running the show. This is an offense that only PFM and Brady can run, I dont think Osweiller has the smarts to make all the pre-snap reads, adjustments and audibles.

Comment

If you guys make the SB, win or lose, Fox stays, IMO.

If you don't make it to the SB, Fox probably steps down.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                        I want to see his offense without PFM running the show. This is an offense that only PFM and Brady can run, I dont think Osweiller has the smarts to make all the pre-snap reads, adjustments and audibles.
                        Either way you taylor your offense to your personnel. Whatever Os is good at we should run his offense, or get a different QB to suit the rest of our players. I dont know what Os is good at because we have no tape on him.
                        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

I hope Broncos lock him up long term. He is great OC that is young and will only improve with time. Honestly, he could potentially become new HC here. Give it few years....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                            ^^^^ This^^^^

Honestly, Peyton is for the most part his own OC. He makes Gase look great which is likely to get him an offer he can't refuse. How good was Dungy before Manning? How good were the Colts after his neck injury?

You can't hold it against any of these coordinators when they get the chance to make HC $$$. How happy does Dennis Allen look these days. McCoy got lucky, as much as I hate Rivers the guy's a gunslinger. Bottom line, Gase may wind up with a dud QB and a short lived coaching career.

Lately we have become quite the coaching farm.
                            [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                              ^^^^ This^^^^

Honestly, Peyton is for the most part his own OC. He makes Gase look great which is likely to get him an offer he can't refuse. How good was Dungy before Manning? How good were the Colts after his neck injury?

You can't hold it against any of these coordinators when they get the chance to make HC $$$. How happy does Dennis Allen look these days. McCoy got lucky, as much as I hate Rivers the guy's a gunslinger. Bottom line, Gase may wind up with a dud QB and a short lived coaching career.

Lately we have become quite the coaching farm.
                              No doubt about that. It seems like last few years a couple of NFL teams take our coordinators away from us. Lol

The Denver Broncos p4p best coaching farm on the planet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X