Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam Gase really making a name for himself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• olgrouch
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    Somebody slap me
    Too far away!

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by snewguy View Post
    Peyton made a name for Gase and Mccoy... as Belichek and Brady made a name for Josh McDaniels twice. Fox is a players coach... i'm not sure if he is tough enough or is a championship type coach... thats part of the genius of Belichek, he can motivate lesser natural talent to play at a higher level... especially in the playoffs... thats what i like about the Andy Reids and Tom Coughlin or Mike Tomlin type coaches who may push their players harder to perform...
    I think Bill is a good coach but he didn't do a whole lot of motivating in Cleveland. Brady is more of the secret sauce to that recipe. If Bill is smart he'll retire with Brady. HOF QBs have a way of making all players, coaches and assistants look brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• snewguy
    replied
    Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
    I don't know, me personally, I don't see Fox going anywhere. Whether we win the Super Bowl or go one-and-out again. I like Del Rio, but I personally wouldn't make him the head coach just yet.

As for Gase, I think he's very smart. I don't see him going to a crappy situation like Cleveland. If he were offered the Detroit gig though, I don't know if he would decline that.
    Peyton made a name for Gase and Mccoy... as Belichek and Brady made a name for Josh McDaniels twice. Fox is a players coach... i'm not sure if he is tough enough or is a championship type coach... thats part of the genius of Belichek, he can motivate lesser natural talent to play at a higher level... especially in the playoffs... thats what i like about the Andy Reids and Tom Coughlin or Mike Tomlin type coaches who may push their players harder to perform...

Leave a comment:

• JesseH
    replied
    If Fox doesn't win a super bowl in the Manning era, which I'm guessing is 1-2 more seasons, then it's time for him to go. The only doubts I have of them letting Fox go before that, say, if we have another one and done or are eliminated from the playoffs, is learning a new system, but if Gase and Manning are still around, they pretty much are the offense, am I right? So if we did bring in a new coach, I'd love to get a defensive minded head coach. But honestly, I don't see Fox going anywhere while Manning is here, my thinking is that it would probably shake things up too much ...although, that could be a good thing.

Ultimately, I'd love to win at least one super bowl with Manning/Fox, and once Manning retires see a new era in broncos country, if Gase is around that long, he deserves to be considered for our head coach.
    Last edited by JesseH; 01-02-2014, 08:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    They shouldn't have fired Chudzinski.
    I know the excuse they gave was the team was not improving, but I think some things must have happended between the FO and the Coach behind the scenes for them to fire him so quickly.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    To be fair, any coach in Cleveland becomes the worst hire ever.
    They shouldn't have fired Chudzinski.

Leave a comment:

• trc1962
    replied
    I think Fox stays on regardless of getting to the super bowl or not. As was mentioned we aren't a completed team yet as the defense needs help. I think Gase stays on as OC and continue his success and build experience to be a head coach. I don't think he would go to Cleveland, anyone can see it is a bad situation there and Elway maybe counseled him as well. Don't know about Del Rio, although he handled things well when Fox was out.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
    I don't know, me personally, I don't see Fox going anywhere. Whether we win the Super Bowl or go one-and-out again. I like Del Rio, but I personally wouldn't make him the head coach just yet.

As for Gase, I think he's very smart. I don't see him going to a crappy situation like Cleveland. If he were offered the Detroit gig though, I don't know if he would decline that.
    Win or lose I don't see Fox going anywhere either. We're not a complete team because of our D. We don't have a great D and I'm sure everyone in the building knows it. We're trying to win with a great O which is hard to do in the playoffs. But, we have a chance and I hope we make the most of it.

Leave a comment:

• FabrizioHC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    Very true. Bill didn't have much success there, he didn't have Brady.

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I don't know if Gase is good or not. He has Peyton! I could show up and do nothing and Peyton would still win. Gase is more fools gold to me than anything else. We all knew year over year Peyton and team would improve, I don't see any correlation to Gase. Welker helped, Julius came on strong and other than that i see the same offense executed better with better/more weapons. Put Gase in Cleveland and I guarantee he's the worst hire ever. It's weird to me that anyone is gushing over this guy. It's like Josh part two. Life isn't the same outside Brady and it won't be the same outside Peyton.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    I don't know if Gase is good or not. He has Peyton! I could show up and do nothing and Peyton would still win. Gase is more fools gold to me than anything else. We all knew year over year Peyton and team would improve, I don't see any correlation to Gase. Welker helped, Julius came on strong and other than that i see the same offense executed better with better/more weapons. Put Gase in Cleveland and I guarantee he's the worst hire ever. It's weird to me that anyone is gushing over this guy. It's like Josh part two. Life isn't the same outside Brady and it won't be the same outside Peyton.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    It's the John Fox coaching tree.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. The pitter patter of little feet.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    ^^^^ This^^^^

Honestly, Peyton is for the most part his own OC. He makes Gase look great which is likely to get him an offer he can't refuse. How good was Dungy before Manning? How good were the Colts after his neck injury?

You can't hold it against any of these coordinators when they get the chance to make HC $$$. How happy does Dennis Allen look these days. McCoy got lucky, as much as I hate Rivers the guy's a gunslinger. Bottom line, Gase may wind up with a dud QB and a short lived coaching career.

Lately we have become quite the coaching farm.
    It's the John Fox coaching tree.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    ^^^^ This^^^^

Honestly, Peyton is for the most part his own OC. He makes Gase look great which is likely to get him an offer he can't refuse. How good was Dungy before Manning? How good were the Colts after his neck injury?

You can't hold it against any of these coordinators when they get the chance to make HC $$$. How happy does Dennis Allen look these days. McCoy got lucky, as much as I hate Rivers the guy's a gunslinger. Bottom line, Gase may wind up with a dud QB and a short lived coaching career.

Lately we have become quite the coaching farm.
    No doubt about that. It seems like last few years a couple of NFL teams take our coordinators away from us. Lol

The Denver Broncos p4p best coaching farm on the planet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X