Broncos WRs against physical secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos WRs against physical secondary

It appeared that the Broncos WRs had some problems when opposing cornerbacks disrupted the timing by being physical at the line of scrimmage. Decker especially seemed to be affected the most and complaining a lot to the refs.
    Assuming that playoffs will be more physical and the refs will throw fewer flags, how do you guys think our WRs will perform? The Colts and Pats secondary appeared to have some success against us by playing physical against the WRs.

I've noticed the same thing. I love our WR's but they can all (outside of Welker really) be really soft. You jam them at the line and it really messes them up and they have a hard time fighting for the ball. They've gotten better as the year has gone on so I suppose we'll see what January brings us.
    sigpic

Comment

This entire offense is a finess/timing offense. Disrupt that and we are in trouble. Not a secret.
      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        I've noticed the same thing. I love our WR's but they can all (outside of Welker really) be really soft. You jam them at the line and it really messes them up and they have a hard time fighting for the ball. They've gotten better as the year has gone on so I suppose we'll see what January brings us.
        I noted that too. Welker appears to make adjustments. I am not entirely sold on Decker in a physical matchup. But I hope he proves me wrong. Perhaps, Julius THomas is our lucky charm this playoffs.

Comment

I feel the the necessary adjustments have been made or will be made. These receivers are way to talented to be stifled especially with the rules in favor of the receiver. DT is a top 5 WR in this league, Welker is one of the best slot receivers of all time & Decker has been on fire & with one of the GOAT running the offense along with a great coaching staff I feel they will be fully prepared for whatever. That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
            This entire offense is a finess/timing offense. Disrupt that and we are in trouble. Not a secret.
            Looks like Colts, Chargers and Pats defense dropped their players on coverage and rushed only 3. We really need to be able to run the ball consistently. I think that's the key. Montee Ball seems to have vastly improved. Let us see how he performs in the big stage.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              I feel the the necessary adjustments have been made or will be made. These receivers are way to talented to be stifled especially with the rules in favor of the receiver. DT is a top 5 WR in this league, Welker is one of the best slot receivers of all time & Decker has been on fire & with one of the GOAT running the offense along with a great coaching staff I feel they will be fully prepared for whatever. That's just me.

I truly hope that you are correct. In the playoffs, it is going to be more physical. And refs won't make the same calls as in a regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
                I truly hope that you are correct. In the playoffs, it is going to be more physical. And refs won't make the same calls as in a regular season.
                DT, Decker & Julius are big dudes they will be fine against these smaller corners. It's like the expression fool me once well you know the rest. This offense & especially Peyton have seen it all. This team has been through so many trials and tribulations this year, we're going to the Super Bowl. IMHO. Lol.

Comment

DT, Decker & Julius are big dudes they will be fine against these smaller corners. It's like the expression fool me once well you know the rest. This offense & especially Peyton have seen it all. This team has been through so many trials and tribulations this year, we're going to the Super Bowl. IMHO. Lol.
                  I was sure of the same thing last year. Don't count your eggs before they are hatched man. I'm still not sure our D won't be our undoing.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was sure of the same thing last year. Don't count your eggs before they are hatched man. I'm still not sure our D won't be our undoing.
                    My glass is half full at the moment I guess. It just feels like the year to me, call me crazy. I wasn't sure what to expect last year being Peyton 's first year with us. Now I know what we have, now I know what we can do. I didn't say we would win it but I think we will make it. This team has come too far.

Comment

Meh, thats how you beat any offense.

Disrupt the timing of the receivers.

But we will see.

Running game needs to be good to offset that somewhat.

Comment

i seen this as well,

i think it has to do with how manning is, never complains , decker does, but he is a diva tv star,Dthomas, this guy is so humble and nice, tamme can get open, dont think caldwell can do it consistently, obviously welker can, JThomas, i think is becoming mannings fav target,

basing on assumptions of making it to the superbowl, nfc teams have good secondary's, san fran, could be without rogers, seattle, carolina,

Comment

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
                          It's no secret that the officiating has been the worst in the history of the league, I really hope we don't wind up on the short end of the stick ala Seahawks/Steelers SB in '05. :nono:
                          [sigpic

Comment

My glass is half full at the moment I guess. It just feels like the year to me, call me crazy. I wasn't sure what to expect last year being Peyton 's first year with us. Now I know what we have, now I know what we can do. I didn't say we would win it but I think we will make it. This team has come too far.
                            I dunno what worries me is that the 3 teams that beat us this year are all waiting for us. I really don't want to see any of them again but I know we will. I won't feel comfortable until the AFC Championship is over.
                            sigpic

Comment

I dunno what worries me is that the 3 teams that beat us this year are all waiting for us. I really don't want to see any of them again but I know we will. I won't feel comfortable until the AFC Championship is over.
                              The way I see it the only team that beat us this year was San Diego, we beat ourselves in the other two. I'm surely not worried about them. I mean I didn't expect to go undefeated, I also think all of those losses taught this team a few things. I'm also pretty that last year's playoff loss is still fresh on this teams minds. I really see these guys coming out more focused than we have seen them, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X