Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos WRs against physical secondary

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    One more thing what other team all year that was fighting for home field advantage started taking their defensive starters out for whatever reason? What kind of bold statement was that? Talk about intestinal fortitude, man. Is that confidence or what? We're smack dab in the middle of a division race & the #1 seed & we're starting Lennon & Bolden.

    Comment


    • #17
      I agree with Elway421. The only game I felt we were beaten was San Diego. The other two we shot ourselves in the foot and Still had a chance to win. I think the players are not taking anything for granted as they suffered through the post season last year. I am sure the coaches and players see the physical play coming and are working on it. The running game is there and will be needed! Iam hopeful for the post season!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
        I agree with Elway421. The only game I felt we were beaten was San Diego. The other two we shot ourselves in the foot and Still had a chance to win. I think the players are not taking anything for granted as they suffered through the post season last year. I am sure the coaches and players see the physical play coming and are working on it. The running game is there and will be needed! Iam hopeful for the post season!
        Even against Chargers, Wes Welker was out although Caldwell played well.

        Comment


        • #19
          We should subtly (not whining) ask refs early in the game to watch for holding and to call the game tight. Some do (like in TEN game) and it opens up a lot.

          Decker's had a lot more success against physical play the latter half of the season I noticed. To be honest, he's pushing off a bit more, but that's what you need to do against clutchy CBs if the refs are going to let em play.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
            This entire offense is a finess/timing offense. Disrupt that and we are in trouble. Not a secret.
            Moreno is not running with finesse. He's bruising the line of scrimmage and taking contact like a champ.
            All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

            Comment


            • #21
              Our WR's 'WERE' soft,,, Over the last month they have been battling and shoving and using their strength to get separation, I'm surprised they haven't gotten flagged for pushing off once over the last few weeks, when obviously some have been pushing defenders off them to catch the ball... I'm not worried about them being soft anymore - this team has a mission.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
                We should subtly (not whining) ask refs early in the game to watch for holding and to call the game tight. Some do (like in TEN game) and it opens up a lot.

                Decker's had a lot more success against physical play the latter half of the season I noticed. To be honest, he's pushing off a bit more, but that's what you need to do against clutchy CBs if the refs are going to let em play.
                I agree, I've seen vast amounts of improvement in Decker regarding this. I think that's why the latter half of the season we've seen some games where DT just disapears most of the game and Decker stays consistent. I've been hard on decker and his dropsies but he's had a great year and has made some real steps forward.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
                  Even against Chargers, Wes Welker was out although Caldwell played well.
                  And weren't we without J. Thomas against the colts or pats? I think he will make a huge difference in the physical line of scrimmage play in the playoffs.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                    I agree with Elway421. The only game I felt we were beaten was San Diego. The other two we shot ourselves in the foot and Still had a chance to win. I think the players are not taking anything for granted as they suffered through the post season last year. I am sure the coaches and players see the physical play coming and are working on it. The running game is there and will be needed! Iam hopeful for the post season!
                    A loss is a loss... ya think the Pats played their best game spotting us 17 pts off turnovers in the first Q? The Chargers Colts Pats provided the blueprint to contain or shut the O down... as the Cards did against the Hawks... easier said then done but... its aggressive man coverage, stack the box and rush... take your chances against the run... DBs bump on line and lean towards inside forcing Peyton to make more outside throws... longer throws... challenging his arm strength.... you need great cornerbacks, if coverage is good, he won't risk it and will throw shorter inside routes with more defenders - if not, like Raiders and Texans, you play more zone and get picked apart... Peyton will not throw deep down the middle much against anyone, unless the safety cheats...

                    our running game works if our passing works, most games... if we could rely on the run, i think it throws Peyton out of sync... not good on short yardage.

                    i liked the variety in the Raiders game, a lot more screens and plays we have not seen...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      I agree, I've seen vast amounts of improvement in Decker regarding this. I think that's why the latter half of the season we've seen some games where DT just disapears most of the game and Decker stays consistent. I've been hard on decker and his dropsies but he's had a great year and has made some real steps forward.
                      DT see's a lot of double coverage, I don't understand? I guess if it was up to everyone DT & Decker should have 2000 yard seasons with 20Td's .


                      Look at these numbers.

                      http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...stat/receiving


                      How can we gripe about our receivers??????

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        I agree, I've seen vast amounts of improvement in Decker regarding this. I think that's why the latter half of the season we've seen some games where DT just disapears most of the game and Decker stays consistent.
                        Even after decker got hot in the KC game he still recorded 2 games under 45 yards whereas DT only had 1. The rest were 3 100+ yard games and 88 yards. That's hardly disappearing.
                        Last edited by Justblaze2729; 01-02-2014, 10:00 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          This group of receivers are the most physically gifted and imposing group of receivers that Manning has played with. Hopefully that carries over into the playoffs because the colts receivers were small and didnt do manning any favors when playoff time rolled around. Harrison in particular wasnt nearly as affective during the playoffs as he was during the regular season. In 16 playoff games, a full season, he had 65 catches for 883 yards and only 2 TD. Compare that to his season averages of nearly 93 catches for 1227 yards and almost 11 TDs. Wayne was a little better but still only had 2 100 yard games in 17 playoff games with Manning, with 9 TDs.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                            DT see's a lot of double coverage, I don't understand? I guess if it was up to everyone DT & Decker should have 2000 yard seasons with 20Td's .


                            Look at these numbers.

                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...stat/receiving


                            How can we gripe about our receivers??????
                            I tihnk you mistake my observations as "complaints" DT later half of the year still had good stats but he disapeared (even in single coverage for most of the game) He's still a great player but he does have a habbit of only have 1-2 quarters with HUGE stats and then be non-existant the rest. It's normally a big second half and he never shows up for the first half.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              I tihnk you mistake my observations as "complaints" DT later half of the year still had good stats but he disapeared (even in single coverage for most of the game) He's still a great player but he does have a habbit of only have 1-2 quarters with HUGE stats and then be non-existant the rest. It's normally a big second half and he never shows up for the first half.
                              This is fact, DT is one of the most talented receivers in the league. DT has top 5 receiver #'s. Think about this though, DT is at the mercy of where Manning goes with the ball. It's not like AJ & Cincy or Det & Johnson where they get the ball forced to them all the time.

                              If Manning forced the ball to DT all the time, DT's numbers would be record breaking. Manning takes what the defense gives him, he goes to the open guy.

                              There are points in every game with every great WR, where they aren't involved, it's just a fact. DT has been great all season.

                              Demaryius Thomas: REC's 92 YARDS 1,430 TD's 14 YAC 633

                              I couldn't ever say I'm worried about a player who has these numbers, on top of the fact that he is sharing a field with Decker, Welker, Thomas, Knowshon, Ball & Tamme.

                              DT lead all receivers in YAC, do you want more than that from him? Oh yes he is a good blocker also.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by edog24 View Post
                                And weren't we without J. Thomas against the colts or pats? I think he will make a huge difference in the physical line of scrimmage play in the playoffs.
                                Julius didnt play in KC or NE.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X