Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giddy'up
    replied
    Our WR's 'WERE' soft,,, Over the last month they have been battling and shoving and using their strength to get separation, I'm surprised they haven't gotten flagged for pushing off once over the last few weeks, when obviously some have been pushing defenders off them to catch the ball... I'm not worried about them being soft anymore - this team has a mission.

Leave a comment:

• Letswinplz77
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    This entire offense is a finess/timing offense. Disrupt that and we are in trouble. Not a secret.
    Moreno is not running with finesse. He's bruising the line of scrimmage and taking contact like a champ.

Leave a comment:

• UnitedInOrange
    replied
    We should subtly (not whining) ask refs early in the game to watch for holding and to call the game tight. Some do (like in TEN game) and it opens up a lot.

Decker's had a lot more success against physical play the latter half of the season I noticed. To be honest, he's pushing off a bit more, but that's what you need to do against clutchy CBs if the refs are going to let em play.

Leave a comment:

• rush_limbaughII
    replied
    Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
    I agree with Elway421. The only game I felt we were beaten was San Diego. The other two we shot ourselves in the foot and Still had a chance to win. I think the players are not taking anything for granted as they suffered through the post season last year. I am sure the coaches and players see the physical play coming and are working on it. The running game is there and will be needed! Iam hopeful for the post season!
    Even against Chargers, Wes Welker was out although Caldwell played well.

Leave a comment:

• trc1962
    replied
    I agree with Elway421. The only game I felt we were beaten was San Diego. The other two we shot ourselves in the foot and Still had a chance to win. I think the players are not taking anything for granted as they suffered through the post season last year. I am sure the coaches and players see the physical play coming and are working on it. The running game is there and will be needed! Iam hopeful for the post season!

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    One more thing what other team all year that was fighting for home field advantage started taking their defensive starters out for whatever reason? What kind of bold statement was that? Talk about intestinal fortitude, man. Is that confidence or what? We're smack dab in the middle of a division race & the #1 seed & we're starting Lennon & Bolden.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I dunno what worries me is that the 3 teams that beat us this year are all waiting for us. I really don't want to see any of them again but I know we will. I won't feel comfortable until the AFC Championship is over.
    The way I see it the only team that beat us this year was San Diego, we beat ourselves in the other two. I'm surely not worried about them. I mean I didn't expect to go undefeated, I also think all of those losses taught this team a few things. I'm also pretty that last year's playoff loss is still fresh on this teams minds. I really see these guys coming out more focused than we have seen them, ever.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    My glass is half full at the moment I guess. It just feels like the year to me, call me crazy. I wasn't sure what to expect last year being Peyton 's first year with us. Now I know what we have, now I know what we can do. I didn't say we would win it but I think we will make it. This team has come too far.
    I dunno what worries me is that the 3 teams that beat us this year are all waiting for us. I really don't want to see any of them again but I know we will. I won't feel comfortable until the AFC Championship is over.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
    I truly hope that you are correct. In the playoffs, it is going to be more physical. And refs won't make the same calls as in a regular season.
    It's no secret that the officiating has been the worst in the history of the league, I really hope we don't wind up on the short end of the stick ala Seahawks/Steelers SB in '05. :nono:

Leave a comment:

• Manning2BayBay
    replied
    i seen this as well,

i think it has to do with how manning is, never complains , decker does, but he is a diva tv star,Dthomas, this guy is so humble and nice, tamme can get open, dont think caldwell can do it consistently, obviously welker can, JThomas, i think is becoming mannings fav target,

basing on assumptions of making it to the superbowl, nfc teams have good secondary's, san fran, could be without rogers, seattle, carolina,

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Meh, thats how you beat any offense.

Disrupt the timing of the receivers.

But we will see.

Running game needs to be good to offset that somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I was sure of the same thing last year. Don't count your eggs before they are hatched man. I'm still not sure our D won't be our undoing.
    My glass is half full at the moment I guess. It just feels like the year to me, call me crazy. I wasn't sure what to expect last year being Peyton 's first year with us. Now I know what we have, now I know what we can do. I didn't say we would win it but I think we will make it. This team has come too far.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    DT, Decker & Julius are big dudes they will be fine against these smaller corners. It's like the expression fool me once well you know the rest. This offense & especially Peyton have seen it all. This team has been through so many trials and tribulations this year, we're going to the Super Bowl. IMHO. Lol.
    I was sure of the same thing last year. Don't count your eggs before they are hatched man. I'm still not sure our D won't be our undoing.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
    I truly hope that you are correct. In the playoffs, it is going to be more physical. And refs won't make the same calls as in a regular season.
    DT, Decker & Julius are big dudes they will be fine against these smaller corners. It's like the expression fool me once well you know the rest. This offense & especially Peyton have seen it all. This team has been through so many trials and tribulations this year, we're going to the Super Bowl. IMHO. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• rush_limbaughII
    replied
    I feel the the necessary adjustments have been made or will be made. These receivers are way to talented to be stifled especially with the rules in favor of the receiver. DT is a top 5 WR in this league, Welker is one of the best slot receivers of all time & Decker has been on fire & with one of the GOAT running the offense along with a great coaching staff I feel they will be fully prepared for whatever. That's just me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X