Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Networks, Eric Davis's, top five teams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Networks, Eric Davis's, top five teams.

So, this morning, Eric Davis from the NFL Network, listed his top five teams.

1. Seattle
    2. San Fran
    3. New England
    4. Denver
    5. New Orleans

No way, in my opinion, is NE a better team than Denver. I say its a toss up between Seattle, SF and Denver for the top spot. What say you?

Based of peoples doubt about Manning in cold weather, plus our bad defense, I see why he has us #4
    sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't even have the Patriots in my Top 5 but other than that, I feel like that's a pretty accurate ranking in terms of odds to win the Super Bowl. One of my fears is facing a tough defense/running team in that New York weather. But I feel like we could take Brees and the Saints as he'd have many of the same issues Manning would.

Comment

I say....bulletin board material!!

Seriously, just an opinion of some guy going for chatter. Everything these guys do is for discussion and to get people to talk and get their name mentioned....mission accomplished!

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
          I say....bulletin board material!!

Seriously, just an opinion of some guy going for chatter. Everything these guys do is for discussion and to get people to talk and get their name mentioned....mission accomplished!
          Exactly, what would concern me is being rated higher than that. This team's players need to feel sufficiently disrespected going into the playoffs to light a fire under their collective posteriors.
          [sigpic

Comment

I predicted that A-Wipe davis would have the Broncos there and have the 49ers overrated. I watch some NFL AM just about every morning but anymore, I change the channel when davis is blabbing. That said, it is arguable that Seattle and S.F. could be the 2 top teams but N.E. doesn't have a better D than the Broncos ... they may have in the first half of the season but not the second half, just look at the points they gave up to CLV, HOU and MIA (MIA was shutout by BUF too). Also the Broncos have the best offense, by far of ANY team in the NFL. I am bias (just like davis is) but Denver can outscore any team in the NFL so that makes them #1.
            sigpic

Comment

New Orleans isn't a good road team. No way should they be at 5.

1. Seattle
              2. Denver
              3. Carolina
              4. San Fran
              5. Cincy
              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                Exactly, what would concern me is being rated higher than that. This team's players need to feel sufficiently disrespected going into the playoffs to light a fire under their collective posteriors.
                Feel disrespected for what?!!? Have you seen our defense?!? What is Mannings post season record? What's Mannings record in nasty weather? I'm just as big of a Broncos fan everybody else, but let's be honest, these are real concerns going into the post season.
                sigpic

Comment

Jay, I know we played two very weak teams recently, but I feel our defense has improved since earlier. I think our biggest issue before was the secondary. Webster kept getting burned, and it killed us.

Bailey has played very well in the last 2 games. In those two games, we haven't had the same guy keep getting burned like with Webster before.

Still a concern, yes, but I'm not as worried now as I was before.
                  sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                    Jay, I know we played two very weak teams recently, but I feel our defense has improved since earlier. I think our biggest issue before was the secondary. Webster kept getting burned, and it killed us.

Bailey has played very well in the last 2 games. In those two games, we haven't had the same guy keep getting burned like with Webster before.

Still a concern, yes, but I'm not as worried now as I was before.
                    That's fine. But when people are talking about Bulletin Board material and players should feel disrespected....Seriously?!
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's a toss-up. We let Pryor run around the entire field. You can only imagine what Wilson can do. He can actually pass the ball. I don't think our defense matches up well, while Seattle's defense is designed to frustrate finesse offenses like our own.

I think Seattle is #1, despite the inconsistency. They, on their best day, are probably better than Denver on its best. We shall see. Would love to be wrong

Comment

The only thing that matters is who is number 1 on Superbowl Sunday.
                        sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Again, im not sure why some on here seriously get riled up with what people in the media say.

And they arent wrong.

JJ is right.

Our defense is a HUGE concern, as is Manning in the cold (right or not)

As much as i hate Brady, he's crazy good in bad weather.

Comment

Denver
                            Seattle
                            Cincinnati
                            49ers
                            Carolina

Comment

Seattle
                              San Fran
                              New England
                              Denver
                              Carolina