Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Networks, Eric Davis's, top five teams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Again, im not sure why some on here seriously get riled up with what people in the media say.

And they arent wrong.

JJ is right.

Our defense is a HUGE concern, as is Manning in the cold (right or not)

As much as i hate Brady, he's crazy good in bad weather.
    Debateable. Its his opinion and he has been lower on Denver then most all season... he might be right. Time will tell.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter, time will tell. All that matters is who can play best when it matters.

Every team has flaws, Denver and Seattle have the best 2 records and are the best 2 teams.... doesn't mean they are SB bound.

I've no doubt Denver is the best team and can beat Seattle. They have struggled with teams like Houston and TB. Just gotta prove it.

Comment

Well, what I do know is... the best team doe not ALWAYS win the SB!!!

WE WILL WIN THE SB THIS YEAR BRONCO FANS!!!!

Then PFM can silence the talking heads claiming PM can't play worth a blank in the cold or playoffs.

just my honest opinion though.

GOOOO BRONCOSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

I think it is funny that people get worked up about things that people in the media say. Just because they are on a tv show or write it in a newspaper or online, does not mean they know anything more than any other guy on the street. I can give you my top 5 too!

Denver
        Carolina
        San Francisco
        Seattle
        New England
        If you love NFL stats and history
        pro-football-reference.com
        jt-sw.com/football

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          Again, im not sure why some on here seriously get riled up with what people in the media say.

And they arent wrong.

JJ is right.

Our defense is a HUGE concern, as is Manning in the cold (right or not)

As much as i hate Brady, he's crazy good in bad weather.
          It's because he sold his soul to the devil for wins, superbowl rings and a supermodel girlfriend....

*side note* The devil may or may not refer to Bill Bellicheck. This poster makes no claim to Billicheck's true identity.

sigpic

Comment

I don't understand a lot of the Cincy love in the top 5 for playoff teams. Dalton is incredibly inconsistent and doesnt scare me even when he is at his best.

Seattle
            Car
            NE
            Denver
            SF (Kaep isn't good, Gore has a lot of wear, don't know if they can win on the road)

My SB pick is Pats vs. Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
              I don't understand a lot of the Cincy love in the top 5 for playoff teams. Dalton is incredibly inconsistent and doesnt scare me even when he is at his best.

Seattle
              Car
              NE
              Denver
              SF (Kaep isn't good, Gore has a lot of wear, don't know if they can win on the road)

Even though the game was in Cincy.

They beat you guys with basically the same team yall will have if they play again.

He is much different on the road, true but when he's on, he's real good.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                Feel disrespected for what?!!? Have you seen our defense?!? What is Mannings post season record? What's Mannings record in nasty weather? I'm just as big of a Broncos fan everybody else, but let's be honest, these are real concerns going into the post season.
                I don't think any of that is relevant. I'm talking about this team, the 2013 best offense the world has ever seen Broncos.

My concern, and the reason I posted my earlier comment was that showing up like we did last year just knowing we were going to own the Ravens at home didn't work so well. I want them to show up as underdogs needing to prove all the naysayers wrong.

Personally, I think we got this.
                [sigpic

Comment

ED has his opinion. nfl network has us number one on power rankings. td had us number three. everyone has opinions about this team. My opinion is that they have handled adversity all season. all their losses came to playoff caliber teams (this is a fact). what happens in the regular season doesnt always prove true in the post season. i say we meet the colts in the divisional round, play the pats in the conference championship, and then we play Carolina at met life stadium. does that mean it will be that way? no, if ED said it would happen that way, would it be inevitable? no. lets all sit down and enjoy the show. I HAVE FAITH IN MY TEAM!!! GO BRONCOS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post

Seattle
                    Car
                    NE
                    Denver

Their defense is really good. Dalton is inconsistent but he can lean on the run game and the defense, plus he has a plethora of targets that can bail him out

Comment

Davis is a former defensive back, so he's going to favor teams with good defenses.

He probably put the Pats above Denver because the Broncos blew a 24-0 lead and lost a game they should have had locked up. I think if the Broncos didn't lose to the Chargers at home, maybe having homefield would have factored in more. For me personally --

Seahawks
                      Broncos
                      Niners
                      Patriots
                      Eagles or Panthers

Comment

Until our defense proves they can slow people down a playoff team I don't have a problem with him ranking us lower. Do I want Denver to be better, YES. Unfortunately I haven't seen a defense yet that matches up well with most playoff teams.

So if the defense stumbles as usual, we had better hope Manning and Co have a HUGE game. If the offense stumbles and does not put up big numbers we may not be in the tourney very long.

Unfortunately that is the reality of having either ALL Offense, or ALL Defense. Our defense has to play much better than they have this year.
                        sigpic
                        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

It's OK. I think there is another rating system in progress.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

people are so hung up on peytons playoff numbers. did you really expect us to be higher on any list?

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                              That's fine. But when people are talking about Bulletin Board material and players should feel disrespected....Seriously?!
                              Uh, yeah seriously. When you're on a team you're not going to be like oh yeah well we aren't the best in this area, so they're right, we such.

Lol no. You don't give any criticism any sort of positive reception. It is bulletin board material because as a member of that team, you feel like you're the best team there is. You're not going to buy into any sort of negativity at all.

When someone says anything negative about you or the team you play on, you do feel slighted and you do feel disrespected. You also feel a desire to shut them up and prove them wrong. It's a really simple idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X