Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coordinators Interviewing For Jobs Makes A Huge Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coordinators Interviewing For Jobs Makes A Huge Difference?

I was just thinking of something and would like to hear opinions. Do you think that offensive or defensive coordinators interviewing for jobs has a significant impact on their preparation? Seems to me that often when a team gets a bye they come out flat and maybe that is a factor. I know if I were interviewing for a job that was going to change my family's life, I wouldn't be fully "there" when I was needed most. Happened both in 2005-06 (when Kubiak interviewed for the Texans job) and in 2012-13 when Mike McCoy interviewed for the Chargers last year. Same could be said of Allen when he left.

I personally don't think coordinators should be able to interview until their current season is over. I have a lot of respect for Gase declining to interview until we've taken care of business.

Edit: Sorry I am wrong on the Allen bit, we didn't have a bye that time.
    Last edited by BroncoCanuck; 01-02-2014, 03:10 PM.

From all I know, Gase and JDR have both declined to any interviews inside of the post season. Which to me means a lot.. last year that snake McCoy was all up the big wig's businesses the week of our game.. Glad he's gonna get whipped by the Bengals in SD..

Comment

I agree. I do not think they should be allowed to interview for a job when they are still working for their current employer. If they want to interview when the last football is snapped for their team than fine but NOT before.

It has to be extremely distracting when you are in the middle of the season.
      sigpic
      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

CBS poll: BRONCOS (not Cowboys) are America's team!

America voted your Denver Broncos as their favorite team! Cowboys were 2nd, but more importantly also topped the list as America's least favorite team, lol!

Also, Peyton Manning is by far everyone's favorite QB. Brady tops the list of least favorite, lol.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-favorite-team

:clap:

Comment

I think one of the keys to being successful in football is having a team mentality, from top to bottom. Football is a team sport and must be played and practiced that way. How is it perceived by players if a coach (that likely preaches team first) is interviewing to coach for another ... team? I know how I would feel. I also think it is hard to give your best to the job at hand if your also preoccupied with contemplating a new job.

And... there is no I in TEAM!
          Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 01-02-2014, 05:51 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I think they should not be allowed to be asked or to interview as long as they are still in the playoffs. I can only imagine the prep work that has to go into these interviews and every minute takes away from game prep.

For anyone that has done a promotional interview I would have to imagine that x10 when you consider moving the family to a new state.

There is no way one could focus on the job at hand when that decision to interview is made.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
              I think one of the keys to being successful in football is having a team mentality, from top to bottom. Football is a team sport and must be played and practiced that way. How is it perceived by players if a coach (that likely preaches team first) is interviewing to coach for another ... team? I know how I would feel. I also think it is hard to give your best to the job at hand if your also preoccupied with contemplating a new job.

And... there is no I in TEAM!
              No, there is no I in team but there is a ME.
              Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't need a poll to tell me that.
                sigpic
                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I don't think it's a big deal. I would prefer coordinators to not do it, but I seriously doubt it makes a "huge" difference as to the outcome of any actual football games.

Comment

Go Broncos! America's Team! I like that!

Comment

Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                      I don't think it's a big deal. I would prefer coordinators to not do it, but I seriously doubt it makes a "huge" difference as to the outcome of any actual football games.
                      I disagree. In doing so you are putting a hell of a lot more pressure on yourself. Not only with the interview itself but with the aspect of preparing to move your entire life to a new state.

Not only that but you have to still think about game planning. For me it would completely get in the way with preparations for a game.

For me it would be better to lay that off till after the season is over. You have a greater chance of winning the Super Bowl that way without any distractions in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                        Go Broncos! America's Team! I like that!
                        I don't. Calling any team in a league exclusive to America "America's Team" is dumb. I didn't like it when people said it about the Cowboys I don't like it when they say it about the Broncos.

Comment

Just like players under contract, NFL should enact a "no tampering" rule for coaches in post season play.

Comment

I don't think teams should be able to contact assistant coaches until the super bowl is over because of course it is a distraction to the coach. If I was a coordinator and suddenly I have to start mulling over HUGE choices for my future and my family and then I can't focus 100% on the job at hand. Post season requires a focus and I am thankful Gase is focused on what he knows he has.

Comment

They're going to base this off of 741 voters???
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X