I think we should be cheering on the Indianapolis Colts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we should be cheering on the Indianapolis Colts

I just listened to Mike Klis on the DP site and I agree with him, the best team for the Broncos to play are the Colts.

Rivers and the Chargers always seem to play well at Mile High, they have a really good record there for some reason. Mike McCoy knows Denver well and they played a good ball control offense the last time. Mathews is running well and Woodhead is dangerous out of the back-field.

We played 2 tough games against the Chiefs and being a divisional opponent they know Denver well. They have the best running game out of the 3 and a very good back in Charles. Hali and Houston should be at full speed for this game.

The Colts are the worst rushing team out the 3 (ranked 20th). Donald Brown had 2 big games this season and not much else. TR has not looked very threatening. I think the Colts will find it difficult to keep running the ball and keep Manning off the field. They will be forced to go to the air which is Denvers strength with DRC, Champ and Harris back there.

They also have the 20th ranked D and even with our TO's and playing quite a poor game in Indy well still put up around 33 points and had a fumble on the 1 yard line.

Some might point out the Indy win but I don't think that has any relevance TBH. In their dome with PM coming back it was a crazy atmosphere and Denver made a lot of mistakes that day (Holiday/Ball fumbles, safety, etc....) and still almost won.

Can't see Indy rolling into Mile High and winning.

I want revenge on the colts and Pats. Nothing would make me happier than to watch Irsay explode on twitter
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      I want revenge on the colts and Pats. Nothing would make me happier than to watch Irsay explode on twitter
      TBH I would much rather play Cincy then NE if we get that far.

Brady and Belicheck always seem to be in games right up to the end...... I don't believe Dalton would beat PM, especially on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Brady and Belicheck always seem to be in games right up to the end...... I don't believe Dalton would beat PM, especially on the road.
        Ya I definitely see where youre coming from, but beating his replacement and Rival en route to a SB is almost theatrical.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

I'm with you. Indy and Cincy are who I am hoping for. If we beat Indy, I would love to see Irsay's drug fueled twitter rants, (oh I mean, his medication for his hip/back problems) fueled twitter rants.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

i'm not decided on who i want to play, but i just know i do NOT want to play the Chargers. probably because I was at both games this season. even though the Broncos won in San Diego, that game could have easily turned into a comeback for the Chargers. as for the game in Denver, ughhh i dont even want to think about it. yes, i fully believe we are the better team and should beat them but out all the playoff teams, i feel they present the most challenge for us.
            sigpic

Comment

I would prefer to play the Colts, followed by the Chiefs, then Chargers.
              sigpic
              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Meh, Indy has been playing better lately, especially Luck with their younger receivers (Rogers/Whalen)

Running game has been much better.

SD does have a formula to slow us down though, they held us to our lowest scoring game both times. Short week among other things didnt help but i would definately prefer not to see them again.

Hali is pretty banged up, but Charles could have a big game if we met.

All 3 would present a tough game.

Comment

I want Denver to face the toughest competition as they move forward, as I think that would help tremendously come SB time (provided they make it of course), considering the solid teams sitting on the NFC side. IMO, I'd like to get our first win over KC (just a better defensive team with an outstanding back), then cap it off with a huge win vs. the Patriots. Beating those 2 teams would be a huge boost going into the SB, no matter who they faced in the big game (SB).

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    I'm with you. Indy and Cincy are who I am hoping for. If we beat Indy, I would love to see Irsay's drug fueled twitter rants, (oh I mean, his medication for his hip/back problems) fueled twitter rants.
                    Lol. I am hoping for the Colts. That first game had too much emotional hype around it, they were in THEIR house and we did not play good. I would love for PM to get some good ol revenge on Irsay and the Colts organization on our way to the Super Bowl. Although I feel like the Colts really play well against superior competition, I feel pretty confident that we can handle them especially with Reggie Wayne out.

Comment

Eh, whichever of the three we play, it'll be an easy W.

Chargers easiest, Chiefs next, Colts most difficult.

But even then I say we beat the Colts by two or three scores. I hope we get the Chargers though, just for the fun of a madden-esque playoff win. Something like 38-7

Comment

I don't care who we play.....if we're gonna be the best, then bring on the best.

Comment

Do not care who we play but IMO Alex Smith and the Chiefs are the easiest team for our team to beat.

Rivers and Luck can both have field days against our defense if it only brings a C game.

I wanna see us knock out Indy because of the crap the owner talked about PM. In fact I hope PM knocks them out of playoffs every year for the rest of his career.

This is the same tool who essentially gave away Elway to us. One of worst owners in football IMO
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                            Eh, whichever of the three we play, it'll be an easy W.

Chargers easiest, Chiefs next, Colts most difficult.

But even then I say we beat the Colts by two or three scores. I hope we get the Chargers though, just for the fun of a madden-esque playoff win. Something like 38-7
                            Wait a minute, I thought the Steelers were in it. Oh, that's right, the ref's allowed the Chargers to get in....my bad!

Comment

Any of the teams Denver could play on the way to the Superbowl are capable of beating the Broncos. There are no "easy" matchups this year; this is a stacked playoffs, and it's not difficult to envision any of the 6 AFC teams going all the way (you certainly can't say that every season).

I'm not rooting for any particular set of matchups (though the Indy-NE path to the SB would be pretty epic), because, as much as I believe in this teams and think they are going all the way, there isn't a single possible opponent that wouldn't plant the tiniest of fear and doubt in my mind.

At the very least, I think we as fans are in for some awesome postseason football games.

Comment

Working...
                              X