Richard Sherman's take on Peyton and other top QB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Sherman's take on Peyton and other top QB's

He rates Peyton as the smartest QB in NFL but takes a shot at his arm strength.
    His rating of Brady is funny.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/03/richar...-quarterbacks/

I agree that Brady is tough to intercept. If there's one thing (and only one) I think Brady does better than anyone, it's how he never looks at the receiver he's going to throw to until he actually throws it.

Comment

He's controversial, but I actually agree with what he said about Peyton. If you don't, I have no idea who you're watching. Peyton throws one of the ugliest balls, he doesn't throw a pretty, tight, spiral, but it works. I'll take a guy like Manning that'll put the ball right on the money, over a guy that throws a tight spiral but can't win you games.

Comment

It's not controversial at all. Even Peyton says he throws wobbly passes

Comment

Thought Peyton has thrown some good looking passes since (and including) the second Chiefs game.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
            It's not controversial at all. Even Peyton says he throws wobbly passes
            How about prior to the neck surgeries? Was he the same as now? Playing super smart but throwing wobbly passes at times?

Comment

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
              How about prior to the neck surgeries? Was he the same as now? Playing super smart but throwing wobbly passes at times?
              He had more arm strength, but he's never thrown a consistent tight spiral

Comment

Actually, his passes look remarkably similar to those he threw 10 years ago (same slight wobble, trajectory, even distance).

Main difference is that pre-surgery he could make those throws off his backfoot or on the run. Nowadays to make those throws he has to set and torque his body for power.

Comment

so what if peyton throws "ducks", there has been 55 good enough for the TD, and that´s what counts, i would rather take somebody that throw ugly ducklings for touchdownpasses that beautiful tight-spiraled interceptions EVERY day of the week!

Comment

sherman is a smart guy, went to stanford,

i never really seen a player who talked so much trash and backed it up,

it is one of the most unique abilities in pro sports especially football, didnt he do a u mad bro with a QB after he talked trash and picked him off,

Comment

Originally posted by Manning2BayBay View Post
                      sherman is a smart guy, went to stanford,

i never really seen a player who talked so much trash and backed it up,

it is one of the most unique abilities in pro sports especially football, didnt he do a u mad bro with a QB after he talked trash and picked him off,
                      It was Tom Brady! Haha!

Also, it doesn't matter if Peyton throws ducks as long as they're golden TD ducks.
                      All in for Siemian!

Comment

I thought Mannings passes the last few games have been tight accurate spirals

Comment

"I sometimes throw wobbly passes. I sometimes throw wobbly touchdowns too!" ~ Peyton Manning

He has thrown wobbly passes throughout his career. Who cares? They get to the right place, right?

Comment

The man may have a wide mouth. Lil too wide..

But like someone mentioned before.. unlike most talkers, this fella can walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                              "I sometimes throw wobbly passes. I sometimes throw wobbly touchdowns too!" ~ Peyton Manning

He has thrown wobbly passes throughout his career. Who cares? They get to the right place, right?
                              I remember seeing a show one day (the sports science one, I forget the name) which featured Drew Brees and they were talking about the science behind throwing a football, including the optimal way to throw the ball. Turns out that the best way to throw the football for optimal flight path and accuracy is to actually put a slight wobble on it. Maybe that could partially explain why Peyton's passes, while not always pretty, are always right on target.
                              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X