No announcement yet.

Kansas City Chiefs As Metaphor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champ not being able to play for "most" of the season had it's toll. Not that Champ is still the Champ of old but he is way better than Webster who still gets picked on by opposing QB's. The loss of Moore, Vick, and other key players has had a cumulative impact on our defense, but having Champ back makes a clear cut difference in our secondary, we no longer have a weak link for teams to exploit. Are we perfect? no. Much improved? Definitely!!

Comment

Originally posted by spirited_Cheer View Post
      All season long, knowledgeable football fans observed that KC's early season shinning record came from playing below-average teams. This fact became rapidly obvious when KC faced stout competition.

All season long, Denver's penalty-prone Defense made even mediocre QBs look elite; pass-rush was entirely lifeless, and Secondary looked bewildered and ineffective.

Yet, optimistic fans think there is a magic switch.
      You really hate it that FANS of a team would be positive about things huh. There's nothing right about hating on positivity. I will never understand why some people believe being negative or "realistic" as they like to put it is the correct way to go about things. All the "realistic" "fans" should have their own section.

Rant over.

Comment

All season long, knowledgeable football fans observed that KC's early season shinning record came from playing below-average teams. This fact became rapidly obvious when KC faced stout competition.

All season long, Denver's penalty-prone Defense made even mediocre QBs look elite; pass-rush was entirely lifeless, and Secondary looked bewildered and ineffective.

When you get to the 'verb' let me know
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I missed the metaphor. Could it be KC is faulty circuit, or a blown fuse?
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            People underestimate our defense and it's hilarious.

Spoiled little fans want everything perfect. There are plenty of teams with worse defenses than us, and every single offense ever is worse than our offense. I like our odds.
            Post of the year
            Originally posted by darth-hideous
            Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
            Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Yeah, you're right -- let's not even watch next weekend.

Fans know what's been going on but they're rooting for their team and hoping the Broncos follow the 2011 Giants model of playing to the best of their ability in the play offs. What else can we do? If I could somehow get JJ Watt, Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman on the Broncos, I'd do it. If I could give all the injured players a healing potion, I'd do it.

But since I can't, all I can do is root for them to play at the highest level they can. Go Broncos.

Comment

We played comparable schedule to the Chiefs. We played the same bad teams KC played in the AFC South and NFC East. We lost to New England while the Chiefs beat Buffalo. We beat a Baltimore team that couldn't make the playoffs while KC beat a Cleveland team that beat Baltimore.

In the playoffs, KC stepped it up and played on a playoff level, but their secondary was still not yet ready to stop a high-powered pass offense like Indy's. Our defense has looked similarly weak against high-powered pass offenses. KC's got pro-bowlers Brandon Flowers and Eric Berry in their secondary, we've got non-pro-bowlers DRC and Chris Harris as our best DBs. KC's got Houston and Hali, we've got Miller and Phillips.

I believe Manning & co. will step it up in the playoffs, too. They will probably strike early and often, trying build up an insurmountable lead. And on defense we have a wild card: Champ Bailey. I don't know if he's ready to play, but the team seems to have been saving him for the playoffs rather than risk worsening his injury during the season. It's worth noting that our defense has been much poorer this year without Bailey, Dumervil and DJ Williams, as well as Mike Adams much of the time.

Comment

I still think our defensive stats don't mean very much. I do not think we are as good against the run as our stats indicate, and I think we arer far better against the pass than our stats indicate. WHY do I say that. when we have a 20 or 30 point lead the game changes on both sides of the ball. Our opponents never for the most part had the opportunity to get their running games going becasue they were playing catchup most of the time and you dont run when playing catchup .... you use the run to try and keep the D honest. As far as P defense, we had 3 games where the D had a hard time against the pass. Sure we gave up a few big plays but that happens to almost every D in the league. ( That is why tyhey pay QB's so much .... they make big plays in difficult situations) Saying our D sucks becasue of those games is like saying every other D in the NFL sucks becasue Manning can move the ball at will against them. We will beat SD and then we will beat the colts. And then we will beat the panthers in SB. And yep we will give up some big plays in those games. When 2 top level teams play each other big plays usually happen.
                  The only slam I have on our D are the stupid brain fart mistakes - 12 men , taunting ( although it really wasn't ) , bumping the QB after the play, neutral zone lineups etc.

Comment

People don't realize that the broncos defense isn't as poor as it seems. Sure, they looked awful for a couple of games when it seemed coaches were experimenting. I am thinking everyone is healthy and Jeremy Mincy feels more comfortable on the defensive line. Yesterday, I had the Green Bay/San Fran game on and heard that the Packers defense was dead last statistically among playoff teams. However, Aaron Rodgers made a difference and their "D" played really well. 49ers got lucky on a Kapernick scramble at the end of the game and they won. Manning makes a difference as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
                      We played comparable schedule to the Chiefs. We played the same bad teams KC played in the AFC South and NFC East. We lost to New England while the Chiefs beat Buffalo. We beat a Baltimore team that couldn't make the playoffs while KC beat a Cleveland team that beat Baltimore.

In the playoffs, KC stepped it up and played on a playoff level, but their secondary was still not yet ready to stop a high-powered pass offense like Indy's. Our defense has looked similarly weak against high-powered pass offenses. KC's got pro-bowlers Brandon Flowers and Eric Berry in their secondary, we've got non-pro-bowlers DRC and Chris Harris as our best DBs. KC's got Houston and Hali, we've got Miller and Phillips.

I believe Manning & co. will step it up in the playoffs, too. They will probably strike early and often, trying build up an insurmountable lead. And on defense we have a wild card: Champ Bailey. I don't know if he's ready to play, but the team seems to have been saving him for the playoffs rather than risk worsening his injury during the season. It's worth noting that our defense has been much poorer this year without Bailey, Dumervil and DJ Williams, as well as Mike Adams much of the time.
                      Having Pro Bowlers means nothing. KC had 8? they are sitting at home now. Harris wasn't even on the ballot. the pro bowl is a joke and has no bearing here.

Comment

Working...
                      X