Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 3 AFC teams left are the only teams to beat the Broncos this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southern cross View Post
    I keep wondering if McCoy has so much memory of Peyton's tendencies, and that is why their defense has been able to keep the team at bay.
    After 15 years in the league....I think the entire NFL knows his 'tendencies'.

He 'tends' to get his team out of a bad play, identify mismatches, hurry to the line to get a defense to expose itself, release the ball quickly and trust his receivers to get at their spot.

So you tell your DBs to press and throw off the timing of the route. You disguise your defense the best you can. You match personnel as best you can. Every team has that game plan, and most teams this year have failed.

Comment

I knew it the moment the refs gifted SD a playoff birth. Poor Steeler fans were robbed thrice week-17 (decision from Reid to sit everyone, despite losing a lot of games in second half of season, that inexplicable no-flag when SD clearly loaded up one side of the line on that FG attempt and finally for the single worst call in NFL history on the fake FG play).

I knew that moment... That this would totally mess with the AFC side of things. And, in my heart of hearts, I knew Rivers (6-2 in DEN) was coming to town and would most likely knock us out, and I'll scream about that SD-KC debacle for eternity.

I hold my breath and pray this isn't so. I think we should and can win... BUt I still have this terrible feeling nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
        After 15 years in the league....I think the entire NFL knows his 'tendencies'.
        I understand, I'm just not expressing myself clearly. Crummy flu or 24 hr. bug or something...

What I mean is that he has a (oh what's the word here?) kind of personal knowledge of his tendencies, having coached him last year. Didn't one of the announcers during a game comment on the fact that the reason why Rivers is so much better this year is because McCoy is teaching him Peyton's secrets about the game. Well, maybe not that word, but something like that.

Time for some Tamiflu and a nap...

Comment

There are not going to be any easy games in the playoffs. These are the best teams in the league so we should not expect any cake walks.

That being said I think we can beat just about anyone left as long as we take care of our business. Play our game, don't make any stupid mistakes, and do not turn over the ball.
          sigpic
          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I am sure the Broncos' D will get tired of hearing all the nonsense about their run D by the time the game comes along.

Comment

ESPN says the Broncos are doomed because all 3 losses came to teams in the playoffs-why do they think this way? We lost to quality teams if they are still around. We also lost by single digits and could have won all 3. The Colts lost 2 or 3 games by 28= points and to teams not in playoffs, yet they are not saying the Colts are doomed in NE. We also turned the ball over multiple times in each of our losses-we beat ourselves, the opponent did not. My psychology says "gee the broncos didn't take care of the ball and it led to easy opponent points." I don't see us repeating this pattern. I say revenge plays a factor as well, with all 3 remaining teams. I am sick to death of this attitude-but I bet the broncos are too and maybe it shows in the game Sunday!!

Comment

The only problem I forsee is that the Chargers and McCoy are confident and have nothing to lose. McCoy is a 1st year head coach who already won his 1st playoff game so even if they lose to Denver their season was more successful than they probably would've hoped. On the flip side Denver is still reeling from that loss to them earlier in the season, not to mention having the playoff loss to Ravens in the back of their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by serpico View Post
                  The only problem I forsee is that the Chargers and McCoy are confident and have nothing to lose. McCoy is a 1st year head coach who already won his 1st playoff game so even if they lose to Denver their season was more successful than they probably would've hoped. On the flip side Denver is still reeling from that loss to them earlier in the season, not to mention having the playoff loss to Ravens in the back of their mind.
                  Hmm, I'm not seeing our team as still "reeling" from the SD loss at all.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

They're not reeling, but they know they can be beat and must play at the elite level to win.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      Hmm, I'm not seeing our team as still "reeling" from the SD loss at all.
                      We are "reeling" as much as we were from that Balt loss week 1

Comment

Working...
                      X