Moreno recognized as a Comeback candidate of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
    I was a huge Moreno fan when we drafted him. Then he didn't play too well and seemed out of sync. Now he is a beast, but how? I fear he has pumped himself up by chemical means. I hope I am wrong.
    IMO he has always had the heart and ability he does now. I was a harsh critic of him for a while because I never seen him doing the small things it takes for a NFL back to help make his team successful. He will never have the great ability some backs do but that is ok. We do no need him to run like AP or McCoy.

We need him to pick up blitzes, chip rushers and do the small things a back does that helps his qb.

I honestly do not know if it was Moreno or his coaches but in terms of doing the small things when McGahee got hurt I started to see Moreno do things I never saw before.

IMO his running improved when Fox got here. By that I mean he danced less and was more decisive.

His heart has always been there...it did not appear all the sudden because of chemicals. I do not know of any chemicals that teaches players how to do small things better or make quicker decisions...that is taught to a player willing to learn
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

On the awards front, I'd like to see a change in the award categories; they're way too limited, so crucial players like offensive linemen never get recognized and the MVP is basically the QB award -- and even when it's not, like last year, it's kind of a joke. If you were starting a franchise, would you really take Adrian Peterson over Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, etc.? Can any other player be more valuable to a team's success than a top ten QB?

With that in mind, I'd like these to be the categories...
      Offensive Lineman of the Year

Defensive Lineman of the Year

Tight-End / Fullback of the Year

Linebacker of the Year

Receiver of the Year

Defensive Back of the Year

Running Back of the Year

Quarterback of the Year

Defensive Player of the Year

Offensive Player of the Year

Overall Player of the Year

I think if we take the word "valuable" out of the mix and make it more of a "best player at their position" award, than it's valid for a non-QB to be chosen.

And since NFL Network is making a whole award show out of this, they can go Academy Awards style and offer numerous categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        IMO he has always had the heart and ability he does now. I was a harsh critic of him for a while because I never seen him doing the small things it takes for a NFL back to help make his team successful. He will never have the great ability some backs do but that is ok. We do no need him to run like AP or McCoy.

We need him to pick up blitzes, chip rushers and do the small things a back does that helps his qb.

I honestly do not know if it was Moreno or his coaches but in terms of doing the small things when McGahee got hurt I started to see Moreno do things I never saw before.

IMO his running improved when Fox got here. By that I mean he danced less and was more decisive.

His heart has always been there...it did not appear all the sudden because of chemicals. I do not know of any chemicals that teaches players how to do small things better or make quicker decisions...that is taught to a player willing to learn
        Every player isn't built for every scheme -- you see this with Trent Richardson, who succeeded in a zone blocking run scheme (like the Texans and Seahawks use) in college, but has failed in the NFL with two teams that use the power blocking schemes.

I think Knowshon would also fail in the Colts and Browns system -- he's having success in Denver because he's used best as an all-around offensive weapon, which is what Manning's system requires. He isn't going to blow through linebackers but he can pick up enough yards to be respected, but just as important, he can catch the ball out of the backfield and pass block.

He's seeing success since Manning's arrival because he's finally in a system that can use his specific talents and abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
          On the awards front, I'd like to see a change in the award categories; they're way too limited, so crucial players like offensive linemen never get recognized and the MVP is basically the QB award -- and even when it's not, like last year, it's kind of a joke. If you were starting a franchise, would you really take Adrian Peterson over Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, etc.? Can any other player be more valuable to a team's success than a top ten QB?

With that in mind, I'd like these to be the categories...
          Offensive Lineman of the Year

Defensive Lineman of the Year

Tight-End / Fullback of the Year

Linebacker of the Year

Receiver of the Year

Defensive Back of the Year

Running Back of the Year

Quarterback of the Year

Defensive Player of the Year

Offensive Player of the Year

Overall Player of the Year

I think if we take the word "valuable" out of the mix and make it more of a "best player at their position" award, than it's valid for a non-QB to be chosen.

And since NFL Network is making a whole award show out of this, they can go Academy Awards style and offer numerous categories.
          Hmmm..... I wonder what Louis Vasquez will wear when he gets on the red carpet? Will it be a Ralf Lauren or a Versace suit this year?

Comment

He shouldn't win it and won't, but it's nice to see him up there. What a great year for Knowshon!
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Working...
            X