Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Saturday (Jan. 11) marks the 27th anniversary of "The Drive"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Saturday (Jan. 11) marks the 27th anniversary of "The Drive"!

This is still one of my favorite games of all time! Was anyone at that game in Cleveland? Does anyone remember watching the game on tv? Tell us about it! I watched it on tv and was 19 years old at the time.
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

I remember it well. I was so upset when Cleveland scored and then we botched the kickoff and were on our own 2 down late in their stadium. My girl called me at the time and was saying she was sorry and trying to ease it a lil. I told her it wasn't over til the fat lady sang and I'd call her back in a few minutes. Then we thru the ball and got some room on the first play. Then as it went down the field you could feel the momentum start to shift. But then they got us in a a 3rd and something like 18 if I remember right. When Elway made that first down I knew we were going to score and I was watching something special. When he threw the td I almost broke my leg jumping for joy (had had a few).
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Funny thing is, many fans and many current Broncos had yet to be born back then! Now I feel old. LOL
      If you love NFL stats and history
      pro-football-reference.com
      jt-sw.com/football

Comment

Originally posted by Breezer View Post
        Funny thing is, many fans and many current Broncos had yet to be born back then! Now I feel old. LOL
        Welcome to the BCMB grandaddy club

Comment

Watched it and the fumble on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezer View Post
            By the way let me thank you for pointing that out for me

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
              Watched it and the fumble on TV.
              Real time as Elway was doing something that would go down in his legacy was awesome, the only thing better would've been being there. It really was the ultimate low to the ultimate high and I just knew this was something special. The next year and the fumble was pretty incredible too, it felt like the Browns were going to do to us in our house what we did to them. I thought originally that they had scored but then i saw players jumping and the announcer saying fumble and that was low to high in seconds thank you Jeremiah

Comment

Comment

A thing if beauty! Love watching that again.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                  X