No announcement yet.

Super Bowl -- Broncos and Seahawks -- Post game rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only way to punch a defense in the mouth is by running the ball. Gase has a lot to learn and Manning should know better. :2cents:
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid View Post
      I am not sure it matters either way as Manning routinely audibles based on what he sees in the defense. As Broncos-R-Great points out, it really was not much of an option anyways.
      Plus let's see Gase is still the OC and Gibbs is gone.

Anyone really want to bet on this?

Gase is going to make up a game plan based on what they feel they can do against what defense and then Manning is going to call the game at the LOS.

To ask him todo otherwise is flushing 19 mil down the toilet.

If they want a robot doing ny what is relayed in then cut Manning and move on to one of the youngins.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        The only way to punch a defense in the mouth is by running the ball. Gase has a lot to learn and Manning should know better. :2cents:
        While this is true they did not have the OL to do it last year.

Much like most of Elways trips to the SB. Only when they cobbled the last ones together did they have a chance to win.

I have to wonder if Fox would have called a more conservative game trying to run if the tar and feather would have greater the plane coming home?

You have the GOAT at QB, passing is what got them to the dance.
        Last edited by Garfield; 07-25-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          Plus let's see Gase is still the OC and Gibbs is gone.

Anyone really want to bet on this?

Gase is going to make up a game plan based on what they feel they can do against what defense and then Manning is going to call the game at the LOS.

To ask him todo otherwise is flushing 19 mil down the toilet.

If they want a robot doing ny what is relayed in then cut Manning and move on to one of the youngins.
          I did not know Alex was ran out of town again.... IMO the O line will suffer like they did when he was ran out of town the first time.

People are going to learn one day that it was Alex (and his zone blocking scheme) that brought Elway championships more then anyone else...

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
            I did not know Alex was ran out of town again.... IMO the O line will suffer like they did when he was ran out of town the first time.

People are going to learn one day that it was Alex (and his zone blocking scheme) that brought Elway championships more then anyone else...
            That and Greg Robinson top 10 defense. That great ZBS wouldn't stand a chance if we weren't forcing so many 3 and outs, turnovers, and limiting opponent scoring. When you do those things well, it really doesn't matter what scheme you run, as long as the offense can execute and take advantage of the great field position and opportunity. So since the only exception to getting close to a SB was the year with Coyer (whom Shanny was a fool to fire btw), one can make the same argument for Robinson.

There are a ton of pieces that lead to a championship. Everybody has to play their part to near perfection. That argument can be made for no less than 5 members of the coaching/FO staff and numerous players, not counting Elway. Not disrespecting your point, because I do believe the ZBS was a major part of that run. But in the grand scheme it was just a piece of the puzzle.
            #swapping

Comment

• Another Super Bowl excuse! The bottom line as Elway has already shown with new acquisitions is that the Hawks were clearly better in all aspects of the game.... all the film, 2 weeks to prep, even Manning said they were ready... we aren't a running team... you live and die by what got you there.... the pass... any other excuses is just sour grapes... suck it up folks... its a new year... but one thing... if they man handle us again early this year, it will set the tone for us for the rest of the year... and we wont be running anymore in that game than in the SB...

Comment

• Anyone that think that Gase calls any plays just isnt paying attention. Any QB that attains the level that PM has earns that right and they all do it. PM called a terrible SB and he played a terrible SB. Gase is just doing what a good leader should do....Take a bullet for his guys
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by snewguy View Post
                  Another Super Bowl excuse! The bottom line as Elway has already shown with new acquisitions is that the Hawks were clearly better in all aspects of the game.... all the film, 2 weeks to prep, even Manning said they were ready... we aren't a running team... you live and die by what got you there.... the pass... any other excuses is just sour grapes... suck it up folks... its a new year... but one thing... if they man handle us again early this year, it will set the tone for us for the rest of the year... and we wont be running anymore in that game than in the SB...
                  I agree but we still need to run MORE

Comment

• Originally posted by griff77302003 View Post
                    I agree but we still need to run MORE
                    Sure. A balanced attack with plenty of PAPs has the D reading run most of the time. :2cents:
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                      Seattle's defense is built on speed, and a speed type back has no chance against 11 speedsters. This is where you need a heavy weight power back, one that can push the pile for 4 yards. The game plan in the Superbowl is the one that got them there in the first place, a fast paced aerial attack. The offense needed to be able to slow the game down and that is best with a power runner. The coaches seem to think that Ball is that back. Ball was not ready for that kind of exposure in the Superbowl. This year he enters as the starter and should be ready for it next time around.
                      I said before the game that Seattle's weakness was against the run. I watched what the Colts did to them and Donald Brown ran all over them. Moreno> Brown. We did not go into that game prepared. I think Seattle better watch out this year. This could very well be the best team Peyton has ever played on. I always thought the 04-05 Colts team was the best.

Comment

• Everyone of Seattles losses each team pounded the football throughout the game keeping that d-line guessing.
                        The 49ers ran into a wall alm game until Gore broke a 51 yarder.
                        To beat the Seahawks you have to be dedicated to running the football. The 49ers had the Seahawks beat and then two interceptions and a sack fumble helped Seattle pull out the win. Had the niners stuck with the run game they wouldnt have given the Seahawks an oppurtunity to get steal the game.
                        sigpic

Comment

• So I finally took down my Super Bowl decorations

While taking down all the flags, banners and deflated balloons I had flash backs of that first play and the kick off return.

And seeing those damn seahawks hold that Lombardi trophy and hearing how their fans have always been loyal.

Please remove this bad taste from my mouth, Manning.. Elway? someone.

I feel like a Bills fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

• does it get better?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                              While taking down all the flags, banners and deflated balloons I had flash backs of that first play and the kick off return.

And seeing those damn seahawks hold that Lombardi trophy and hearing how their fans have always been loyal.

Please remove this bad taste from my mouth, Manning.. Elway? someone.

I feel like a Bills fan.
                              Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                              does it get better?
                              Last year was pretty special regardless of how it ended. Remember, 30 other teams didn't even make it as far. Hang in there. This year is going to be great.
                              2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                                Talent disparity, yes, given all the players out.

I agree with the rest though.
                                There are minimal gaps in talent across the NFL. Very minimal. Even with injuries. Consider that Denver beat New England, and pretty much controlled the entire game. Do you think New England had less talent? Do you think New England would have gotten beat 43-8 to Seattle?

Seattle was healthy-ish, but it was full of young and unproven talent. Russell Wilson certainly isn't a top 5 QB. Their defense was amazing, but game plan and execution in the NFL ALWAYS trumps talent. Denver was a precision team, and normally, they performed accordingly. If a wheel falls off that cog from an execution standpoint, we see games like the one in Indianapolis, the second half in New England, and of course, the Super Bowl.

Seattle wasn't even the more physical group until they were already ahead 15-0. That's always good for a chuckle when I hear some NFLN or ESPN guy talk about how Seattle came out and "punched Denver in the mouth." Yeah...because that's why the kick return happened. That's also why the snap sailed over Peyton's head, or why Denver couldn't stop a very mediocre offense. Not a single hit had taken place yet, and they certainly hadn't flexed their talent.

Seattle wasn't carrying more talent than Denver. This isn't college football where it's like comparing Alabama to Citadel.
                                Last edited by Doogansquest; 07-29-2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X