Brock Osweiler (the future) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock Osweiler (the future) ?

Is Brock Osweiler the future, once Manning decides to walk away?
    Is he truly being “groomed” under Manning to take over?
    How many more seasons do you think Manning will play?
    Yes
    20.69%
    No
    79.31%
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Originally posted by shadowlands View Post
    Is Brock Osweiler the future, once Manning decides to walk away?
    Is he truly being “groomed” under Manning to take over?
    How many more seasons do you think Manning will play?
    No, Oz is not the future. The sad thing is that he was personally picked by Elway, so we're stuck with him. He holds on to the ball way too long and will consistently take the sack instead of looking to throw the ball away.

Comment

I've been on of those types that bases everything off of the QB. I even bet on games that way. This year has me wondering, however. Does a QB need to be truly special for his team to win the SB? We just witnessed a year in which a team won a SB, not a QB -- and I guess I always thought that what mattered most was the latter.

I'm starting to think that what you need at QB is competency, more than anything else, and a holistic approach to building a team...

Maybe Brock can be competent, especially as we add more pieces to the D and get our hurt players healthy for next few seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
        No, Oz is not the future. The sad thing is that he was personally picked by Elway, so we're stuck with him. He holds on to the ball way too long and will consistently take the sack instead of looking to throw the ball away.
        Really? I didn't see a whole lot of that on the limited play time we saw with him. I saw him looking rather sharp. But you are right since a player can never improve and you are able to tell every thing you need to know about a player from a handful of games. He's a bust a never will be let's just cut him...

I hate quickly our fans just write players off...
        sigpic

Comment

I just don't get it. Why does everyone think they can just plug in someone and all the sudden you will play like an Elway or a Manning?
          Oz is in learning mode and will be until he is ready!
          The first year with OZ at helm will probably be tough, but he will learn on the job!
          I'm sure he will do fine when the time comes! Hopefully he can get a few reps in here and there and will be better for it!
          Geez!

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
            Clearly we don't have enough background on Oz to tell, but history and the eye test so far too me says nothing special. He was handpicked, and we had Russell Wilson in for scouting and took Oz, so the team is vested in Oz. The only thing that I see that Oz has in his favor is that Elway believes in him, but he does not have much of a college resume, and thus far I didn't see the wow factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Really? I didn't see a whole lot of that on the limited play time we saw with him. I saw him looking rather sharp. But you are right since a player can never improve and you are able to tell every thing you need to know about a player from a handful of games. He's a bust a never will be let's just cut him...

I hate quickly our fans just write players off...
              Absolutely! I say we cut him. Good post!

Comment

I thought about this very topic a lot yesterday. I'm not sure if he's the future, but I think he'll have every opportunity to be. Honestly, i'm very intrigued with Zac Dysert.
                sigpic

Comment

To be fair, Os is a very mobile QB who-when playing- has been running Peytons offense.
                  I am excited to see him get to play his style of football (whenever that may be). We are lucky to have Os learning from Manning....the learning experience of watching under Manning will be so beneficial as a pocket passer, then we get the added shot of his mobility. He really is a great athlete, much quicker than people realize.

Comment

I think we wouldn't be able to answer this question until he gets a shot. Nobody is saying he's he next Elway or Manning. But it isn't impossible for him to be better than both. By that I mean his potential is unknown. We haven't seen a lot of Oz. We saw more of Chris Simms during the regular season than we've seen of Oz.

He has talent that much is for sure. He has a very good maybe great deep ball. He can make plays on his feet, he's quick, he has building awareness.

He has flaws but they are workable flaws. Holding onto the ball too long? That can be fixed.

Bottom line is we won't know how Oz would do until he is starting a few games during the regular season with the first team.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                      To be fair, Os is a very mobile QB who-when playing- has been running Peytons offense.
                      I am excited to see him get to play his style of football (whenever that may be). We are lucky to have Os learning from Manning....the learning experience of watching under Manning will be so beneficial as a pocket passer, then we get the added shot of his mobility. He really is a great athlete, much quicker than people realize.
                      I agree. The other thing which I think people are not giving him credit for is his height. The dude is wicked tall. That means that he will be that much harder to block. That was one of the things which Elway and the QB coach was saying when Brock was brought in. Once his release is adjusted he has real potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                        I agree. The other thing which I think people are not giving him credit for is his height. The dude is wicked tall. That means that he will be that much harder to block. That was one of the things which Elway and the QB coach was saying when Brock was brought in. Once his release is adjusted he has real potential.
                        6'8 is pretty scary for a QB. He surely won't have a problem seeing the field over defenders.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                          I thought about this very topic a lot yesterday. I'm not sure if he's the future, but I think he'll have every opportunity to be. Honestly, i'm very intrigued with Zac Dysert.
                          I like Dysert as well. He just loooks like a more polished QB than Osweiler.

Comment

I'm terrified for the Oz era to start. I think it will be similar to the Griese era.

Which was an awesome time the way his play led directly to the end of TD's career as well as Eddy Mac

Comment

I don't think you can ever know until that person is shoved into the position and forced to perform. Training is an essential but it doesn't trump experience - they really work together. Few individuals are up to speed their first few games.

You can expect even less from most new QBs to step in to an offense built around another individual.

Comment

Working...
                              X