Star on the Rise - Malik Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star on the Rise - Malik Jackson

Think we all noticed this guy getting more playing time in 2013 with all the injuries we were having.

Wanted to show people who are interested how he matched up against the rest of his peers.

These are based on PFF ratings.

Overall Malik was rated the 12th best (+17.8) DT/NT in the NFL during 2013 Regular season and Tied for 8th best in the playoffs (+1.4).

During the regular season he was tied for 9th in QB hits (8), tied for 8th in QB hurries (29), 2nd in batted passes (5). Malik graded negatively in 5 games all season (including playoffs) and only twice did not put some kind of heat on the QB ... both games against NE.

PFF has this stat they call PRP, Pressure Percentage. It is the number of times a player gets a sack, hit or hurry when compared in how many times they rushed the QB. When looking at DT/NT Malik at 9.3% is behind only Suh and McCoy...tied with Geno Atkins...but Malik kept it up for 74 more pass rush snaps so IMO that breaks the tie to Malik's favor.

Obviously this puts him pretty high at 11th best pass rush rated DT/NT but his run defense is good too. He is rated at 7.0 which puts him 22nd best.

He was graded green 8 times including 7 times overall green during the regular season and playoffs.

Now to be totally fair and honest I know we put Malik at DE some and I can not see any way to figure out how much this effected his stats compared to other interior guys.

I do know he is only credited for 600 snaps while seven guys above him in the overall top 10 have 700 to 1000 snaps.

Personally I look forward to watching Malik play allot more in 2014

edit - when looking at DE PRP a 9.3% would put Malik at 19th, ahead of players like Jared Allen, Julious Peppers and Shaun Phillips.
    Last edited by Hadez; 03-09-2014, 05:30 PM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

I love Malik!! I hope he has a bigger role next year, maybe starting at RDE.
    sigpic

Comment

definitely a player I would like to see more of. He just makes good solid plays when on the field.
      sigpic

Comment

Yup!
        Definitely an impact player when he's out there!

Comment

A smart post.

Comment

Malik is showing growth. I loved the pick then and love it even more now. If he keeps progressing he's going to be a difference maker.

Comment

Not ready to anoint him yet, but he definitely showed improvement as the season went on I am very excited with him. I can't wait to see him this year. Really like him alot
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I remember being called a idiot last offseason when i said this guy was going to be a stud and should be looked at as the replacement for doom and now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon
                A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                  I remember being called a idiot last offseason when i said this guy was going to be a stud and should be looked at as the replacement for doom and now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon
                  Ya, we get it, you saw it first, be glad everyone else sees it now.
                  Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vhailor View Post
                    Ya, we get it, you saw it first, be glad everyone else sees it now.
                    Couldn't care less if anyone else sees it lol.

Comment

The new "Tombstone" Jackson. I look forward to this guy being a MAJOR force on the D line this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                        The new "Tombstone" Jackson. I look forward to this guy being a MAJOR force on the D line this year.
                        Malik is one of the main reasons I want us to switch to the 3-4. He would be a perfect weak side 5 tech

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                          Malik is one of the main reasons I want us to switch to the 3-4. He would be a perfect weak side 5 tech
                          Would our 34D look like this?: (players on our roster)

------M Jackson---T Knighton---Wolfe------

D Trevathan---N Irving---S Johnson---V Miller

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

At first I was not sure if Trev could be our other OLB...was not sure of his pass rushing skills. PFF says Trev (15.8%) has a better PRP (Pass Rush Productivity) then Von (12.8%)

Von did do it on over three times as many pass rush snaps ... still Trev has the ability.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

No, the dline would be the same but with who is on our roster right now it would probably be

McCray---trevathan---Irving---Miller
                              Smith---Marshall---Johnson---Youboty

That's what I think our depth chart would start out as in our 3-4

Comment

Working...
                              X