Are we better than Seattle/SF now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we better than Seattle/SF now?

With these recent moves in Free Agency, are we a better overall team than the best 2 NFC Teams.
    Yes
    25.56%
    No
    56.67%
    About Even
    17.78%

We'll see, I say no, not after that pathetic SB performance
    KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

I wouldn't say we are better but with the signings of Ware,Ward and Talib along with the hopeful returns of Von, Harris, Moore and Wolfe I think we'll get back to 2012 form or even better which compares favourably with those teams in my opinion.

If SF or Seattle lost as much guys as we did on defence would they be as good as they were? I highly doubt it.
      All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
        I wouldn't say we are better but with the signings of Ware,Ward and Talib along with the hopeful returns of Von, Harris, Moore and Wolfe I think we'll get back to 2012 form or even better which compares favourably with those teams in my opinion.

If SF or Seattle lost as much guys as we did on defence would they be as good as they were? I highly doubt it.
        Don't forget Vickerson as well. I wouldn't say we are better yet either but getting there.

I'm hoping JDR institutes the tip and strip drill Thursday that they do in Seattle. That really pays off for Seattle and is something that makes their defense smothering. Do it JDR.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

One of the guys on NFL Network said it right....right now we are paper champions...if that means anything for you

Still I would like to see us sign a Guard and RB to help our offense.

My picks would be

Incognito (he is tough and mean, if the coaches feel they can handle him sign him!)

MJD (110 times he was asked to pass block in 2013, not once did he allow his guy to put heat on the QB, he will tear up the pass defenses that teams put up against PM while him and Ball share carries to keep both healthy)

Both should fit in what we have left in cap space
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

After that Superbowl performance, granted we are a MUCH better team than we observed, we are still not in Seattle's league, and probably not SF's. Ware is a great grab, but a lot of money for a player on the decline. Hopefully he will thrive across from Von. Talib is a shut down corner, but I don't like 9 million per season for 6 years for a guy that has NEVER played a full season. NE won that battle getting Revis for 1 year at 12 million. I really like the TJ Ward signing the most. These could be 3 great signings, but there is also a lot of risk for spending 110 million.

As for the rest of the team, we need O-line replacements, a linebacker and nobody knows if Ball can carry the load. We do need another RB for depth as I don't trust Ronnie or CJ, and who's going to line up across from DT at WR? Caldwell? I hope not. Welker is in the slot but we need another WR too.

Seattle is still the cream of the crop. Go Broncos!
            sigpic

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Comment

I think we are... but because of the way they beat us (with out a lot of our starter) there will be doubts. The reason why I think we are is because the Sea hawks just lost some players, SF well that iffly they didn't lose as many.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                One of the guys on NFL Network said it right....right now we are paper champions...if that means anything for you

Still I would like to see us sign a Guard and RB to help our offense.

My picks would be

Incognito (he is tough and mean, if the coaches feel they can handle him sign him!)

MJD (110 times he was asked to pass block in 2013, not once did he allow his guy to put heat on the QB, he will tear up the pass defenses that teams put up against PM while him and Ball share carries to keep both healthy)

Both should fit in what we have left in cap space
                Please no Incognito. I don't think I could handle seeing him on my team. After reading that entire report and reading what he said, I felt like I needed to take a shower. He's a pig and I don't think I could deal with it.

Yes on MJD.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Last game we played says Seattle is better. We play both this year so that will answer the question.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know this is a fan site, but can we please refrain from stuff like this. We made some moves that I think are huge in changing the mentality of our defense and that's as far as I'm taking it. I'm not saying everyone, but a significant number of us have made me cringe the past 2 seasons when we make a good free agent signing and we become full of ourselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and feel a little better about next season, but we seem to be going down the path of the last 2 seasons. We sign Peyton and everyone gets cocky and exclaiming we're the greatest, only to lose to the Ravens. Then we sign Wes and DRC and again we're the greatest, only to lose to Seattle. Let's stop comparing and/or celebrating paper championships. We've acquired pieces to have a phenominal defense, Seattle has demonstrated a phenominal defense on the biggest stage. Lets play a couple of games first.

Comment

First of all, the score was not indicative of the difference (if any) between the teams. No team in the NFL is in a "different league" than any other. They are literally all in the exact same league and capable of beating each other. That's why there aren't winless and unbeaten teams every year.

Also, 2014 will be a new season. New dynamics, new injuries, blah blah. Everyone will be gunning for Seattle and San Francisco, and they won't be able to afford their teams for much longer.

Peyton Manning is the king of the regular season, right? Don't be surprised if he goes 3-1 or even 4-0 against the NFC West.

These signings prove that Elway knows what he's doing, and that good players want to play for him (and PM).

Comment

No. Harbaugh/Carroll will blow the doors off Fox all day, everyday. Games are won on the field, but they can be lost from the sidelines. Re: SB XLVIII.
                        "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

I think it's way too early to start asking that. There is a lot of season ahead of us. And it's how you end it that determines who's better.

Last year? Seattle was better.
                          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

No, but Sea is a much different team.

As are we obviously.

They've lost key guys, we have, thats the way the NFL works.

Hard to say at this point.

Comment

How the HELL does anyone know who is better untill they play each other?
                              sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Working...
                              X