• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snake attack
    Practice Squad
    • Dec 2003

What are our chances at Indy

So what is everyone s thoughts on our chance's against indy? I think that we have a shot if jake can play a good game, that is of course asumeing that clinton is out. What do you all think?
    Have a nice one
  • bro1ncos
    Practice Squad
    • Jun 2003

I agree that we still have a good shot. Jake has to play well with or without Portis. The key is going to come from controling the ball and stopping big plays from Manning and company.

Comment

• mattos
      Special Teams
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by bro1ncos
      The key is going to come from controling the ball and stopping big plays from Manning and company.
      having to rely on our pass defense doesn't instill much confidence. indy's strong point is definately our weakpoint so its going to be a tough game.
      sigpic
      go broncos
      share the sidewalk
      liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

• AsianOrange
        Playmaker
        • Jun 2003

Well..that was a very weak Atlanta team...no effot from the dirty birds whatsoever.

I watched that Colts/Titans two weeks ago and I can see our defense matching up against them. (Honestly!)

I think our defensive line can stop Edgerrin James or even get to Payton himself. If our secondary steps up this week and forget about the hoopla yesterday against the Browns..then we got a shot.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

• Tony
          All-Pro
          • Jul 2003

Well as of now, i'm concerned about portis. I hope he'll be ready to play on sunday. I think shanny should at least let him rest until thursday/friday. As for the game itself, i'm not worried about our run game too much, mike anderson would fill in, and do a good job if portis can't play. It's our passing game i'm really concerned about. No one is stepping up except for rod and shannon. And playing in a high volume dome against dungy's stingy d. we're gonna need a killer passing attack to go toe 2 toe with indy. Peyton manhandled atlanta's secondary, which was scary to watch. Our secondary will really be tested on sunday night. I can only hope that manning has an offnight! which means, that we need to create and capitalize at least 3 turnovers to have a chance. We need this win badly. GO BRONCOS!!

Comment

• abmfsob
            Practice Squad
            • Dec 2003

Our o line will have to play like they did against kc.
            Our secondary has me very worried against manning and harrison they will have to play better than they have all year were last in the nfl with only 8 int,s
            it doesnt look very promising but i think we will win. we have to! GO BRONCOS

Comment

• portis123
              Practice Squad
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Tony
              No one is stepping up except for rod and shannon.
              Lelie did make some clutch plays yesterday. And Eddie Mac is quite reliable for 3rd downs.

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                Football Immortal
                • Oct 2003

I like our chances very much but not many people give us a chance but hey that's fine we will just keep proving the so-called experts wrong time & time again just as we did with KC, they all were saying chiefs chiefs chiefs, broncos laid the smack on the chiefs
                sigpic

Comment

• ChiefsMang
                  Practice Squad
                  • Nov 2003

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
                  I like our chances very much but not many people give us a chance but hey that's fine we will just keep proving the so-called experts wrong time & time again just as we did with KC, they all were saying chiefs chiefs chiefs, broncos laid the smack on the chiefs
                  Actually, the Broncos were 1 1/2 point favorites in that game. The Broncos can not beat Indy without Portis.

Comment

• NOLABroncofan
                    Practice Squad
                    • Sep 2003

To be blunt....

I think Manning is going to tear our secondary apart. With Portis, we had the chance of running the ball and keeping Peyton off the field. Without him, I don't like the odds. Still pulling for them though.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

• Emancipator
                      The Living Legend
                      • Dec 2003

Our chances are great.

Manning will post 399 yds passing on us. However, the final score will be in our favor.
                      Emancipate your mind!
                      The People's Poster

Comment

• portis123
                        Practice Squad
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                        To be blunt....

I think Manning is going to tear our secondary apart. With Portis, we had the chance of running the ball and keeping Peyton off the field. Without him, I don't like the odds. Still pulling for them though.

Nuff said...
                        I see a busy day for the refs debating pass interference calls thanks to Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison and our Lenny Walls.

Comment

• PLUMMERFAN16
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Oct 2003

Trent Green put up 397 passing yards on us. What do you think Manning will do? I can hear Lenny Walls and Co. shaking right now.

Comment

• portis123
                            Practice Squad
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                            Trent Green put up 397 passing yards on us. What do you think Manning will do? I can hear Lenny Walls and Co. shaking right now.
                            I hope we put lots of pressure on Manning. If we give him lots of time to throw, I think we are in deep trouble. Kansas O line was protecting Green and giving him plenty of time to throw. Still somehow he was not making the throws in the later part of the game. Manning is definitely more accurate than Green. Broncos need an
                            1.) Effective running game to keep Manning out on the sidelines
                            2.) Put pressure on Manning

Comment

• pikman
                              Starter
                              • Jul 2003

There's a lot of talk about how bad the Bronco secondary is going to get pounded.

I'm not going to totally disagree with this, however the Bronco's pass rush will play a factor and if they can shake Manning up a little I think we can keep the Colts under 30. Someone made a point about sorting out interference calls, if I'm the D this week I focus strongly on jamming the receivers at the line. Anything to try to throw Peytons timing off.

That being said, even without CP I think the running game can still be effective in keeping their offence off the field. And this Bronco team can put up large numbers of points.

Broncs win it in a shoot-out

40-34
                              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X