Who do you Bronco fans think is the MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you Bronco fans think is the MVP

Ok. Obviously some know I am a Colt fan, and i have been debating with Titan fans on who is the MVP this year. Of course I think it is Manning based on these reasons:

1. Leads league in passing yards (by a lot)
    2. leads in TDS
    3. leads in completion %
    4. second fewest interceptions
    5. i believe he may have best QB rating after falcons game..if not he is a very close second to McNair...we are talking minimal here
    6. manning won both games against Mcnair and tennesee this year, one of which was a butt thumpin (33-7)
    7. he led the remarkable comeback against the Bucs on MNF
    8. he had a perfect QB rating and 6 TDS against New Orleans
    9. had 5 TDS and a 147 QB rating against falcons
    10. we are 11-3, probably will win division
    11. we are 6-1 on the road (against TB, Tennesee, miami, buffalo)

to me these are just eye popping numbers and data. I dont think McNair is really that close this year. Dont get me wrong, Mcnair is a stud and a great QB, but i think the media got on his jock and early and just would get off, but it looks liek the media pundits are finally coming around.

Anyways i wanted to ask you all as non fans of either us or the titans...who is your pick for MVP. And if not Peyton why not.

OK. I agree Peyton should be the MVP the man has been absolutely stellar this season.

People are overlooking Bill Belichick, what he has done with NE this year is worthy of Coach of the year.

Originally posted by bcollin1

Aside from that, Coach of the Year absolutely, without a doubt has to go to Marvin Lewis.
    If I see ONE vote for Parcells, I'll go postal.
    Cliffy aren't you already postal, I see the uni.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

HHrmm...sounds like a Payton for President shill thread....

I say...TOM [email protected]

That guy is awesome.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

My vote goes to Manning. A Tamba Bay game immediately comes to mind as one example of his abilities.

Brady has kept his team in the win column but they have way too many field goal games.

IMO
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

If not Clinton Portis, I say Tom Brady. The guy was a 6th round draft pick in 2000, and led his team to a Superbowl in just his second year. Many thought he was gonna be a "one year wonder", but he has certainly showed he is a Pro Bowl caliber QB, not to mention a frachise quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
            HHrmm...sounds like a Payton for President shill thread....

I say...TOM [email protected]

That guy is awesome.

Sorry, but i just dont see Brady in Mannings category yet. Is he good? Absolutely. has he played well and led his team to vitories? Yes. But when comparing the two seasons look at this:

1. NE has only one more win than us and the season is not over
            2. NE beat us because of two special team returns and the fact Edge could not get in from 1 yard line at end of game.
            3. not to mention, we were getting blown out by 21 in fourth quarter and manning got them back with a chance to win the game
            4. Brady has the benefit of a much better defense
            5. lastly brady's numbers are nowhere near Mannings and he has only won one more game this year. To me their teams are equal and manning has put up some just sick numbers.

plus keep in mind event hough Brady won a superbowl that should not factor into this years MVP.

Comment

But Tom Brady puts up killer numbers without a marquee WR like Marvin Harrison and without a running back with Edge's talent. Indy has alot more offensive weapons than the Pats do, yet Brady continues to elevate his guys to the next level.I'd take Brady over Manning any day.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                But Tom Brady puts up killer numbers without a marquee WR like Marvin Harrison and without a running back with Edge's talent. Indy has alot more offensive weapons than the Pats do, yet Brady continues to elevate his guys to the next level.I'd take Brady over Manning any day.
                Well you are obviously entitled to your opinion. And i think Brady is a good QB, but ill stay with our guy and see what happens. Brady just doesnt scare me...Bellichek and that defense does though.

Comment

By the way...i'm interested, have you seen his yearly stats fo this year. I would not consider them killer. Actually they are not in same atmosphere with what numbers Peyton is putting up.

Comment

Just some stats for you:

passing yards - manning(3901), brady (3278)
                    Completions - Manning (341) , Brady(281)
                    completion % - manning (69%), Brady (60%)
                    TDs - Manning (28), Brady (17)
                    ints - Manning (9), Brady (12)
                    QB rating - Manning (101.6), Brady (82.4)...this one says it all IMO

So not ot pick on you Plummerfan16, but his numbers are from killer. you canm make a case that he gets the wins regardless and is a great leader, but when comapring numbers, well there is no comparison quite frankly. Thats why i say with Brady only having a one game better record, i have to go to stats,and they are overwhelming for Manning.

Comment

Considering the talent Manning has around him and the talent that Brady has around him, over the past few years I'd say Brady is doing pretty well. Manning is a GREAT QB, but I think that Brady could put up Manning type numbers given better players around him.

Comment

Considering the talent Manning has around him and the talent that Brady has around him, over the past few years I'd say Brady is doing pretty well. Manning is a GREAT QB, but I think that Brady could put up Manning type numbers given better players around him.
                        Ok. This will be my last point as we are probably pissing in the wind here. But maybe the talented players we have like marvin, Edge, etc...are because Manning makes them look that good. What would Marvins numbers look like without Manning. Not saying marvin would still not be an all pro. But what I am saying is MVP players make everyone around them better. And manning definitely does this.

Comment

Brady makes others look better as well. Either way, Brady or Manning would be a good MVP. Not as good as CP though.

Comment

My vote is for Peyton Manning. He was amazing in the comeback victory over Bucs.

Comment

If Manning continues to win BUT fails in the playoffs...then he probably won't get MVP.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                              X