Good game Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good game Denver

I haven't had a chance to get on a computer lately, but this was a tough loss. Probably one of the toughest that I've been involved in as a Browns fan (and it involves the Broncos...go f-ing figure). I'm proud of the way our guys played...proud of the defensive line, proud of the linebackers for showing Portis that we're a top 10 defense and he will respect us. I'm proud of Tim Couch stepping up and showing that the Browns are HIS team, not Holcomb's. I'm proud of Dennis Northcutt and the way he showed that he's as dangerous as a receiver as he is as a punt returner. I'm proud of Andre Davis playing through the flu and a 101 degree fever and still making an incredible touchdown catch, and Andra Davis the linebacker showing he is more than worthy of a Pro Bowl this year. Lastly, I'm proud that an injury depleted team with a troubled running back and a raging QB controversy can go on the road to a tough place to play and come oh so close to pulling off a game nobody gave them a chance to win.

Congrats Broncos fans...you showed that maybe you wanted this game more. You certainly needed it more, and you made the plays to earn it. Only hope that I have is that this loss screwed the Ravens and their playoff hopes (who loses to Oakland?). Good luck to you guys, and I'm sure you will do well in the playoffs if you make it. Now go out and earn that playoff spot that was ours last year (haha, just had to remind y'all).

thanks for making my stay here a pleasant one. I'm sure that we'll be a contender again next year with the game we put together last night.

When you say maybe Denver wanted it more I have to disagree with you. I think the Browns came in and punched the Broncos in the mouth. Its been a tough season for the Browns, but if your on the Broncos and you can't get up for this game when you are fighting for your playoff lives, I just think Cleveland wanted it more and we just lucked out with Lelie's catch at the end. Hats off to the Browns and their fans. Certainly top notch in my book.
    BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Nothing against the Browns but...

the Broncos were misfiring throughout the entire game.

Comment

After watching the Browns/Rams game, I knew the Cleveland D would be a tough one to run on. Portis' average per carry dropped big time during this game and I just knew that the Browns would win it. But when Lelie caught that pass, I thought to myself that the Browns fan would be saying "GOD NOT AGAIN!"

Kudos to the Browns and their fans. It was a well fought game! CYA Next Year I am sure in the pound.

GO BRONCOS!!
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

real road dawgs

browns are much tougher on the road than at home. You guys have great fans at home but for some reason the browns play much better on the road. I expected a really hard game from the browns and i got it. not surprised. good game though.
          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Good game, BrownsNation.

A lot of people here don't want to give the Browns any credit but I will. Cleveland came to play. Regardless of their struggles, those were professional football players in the Browns uniforms. Their job description doesn't mention anywhere that they should just roll over and let playoff contenders walk all over them just because the Browns themselves won't be going this season.

I was most impressed with how Cleveland kept Portis from breaking any long runs.

Good luck against Cincy and Baltimore!
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

They sure pounded Portis though.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

plz explain the portis theory. shut down? he got about 170 yards and 2 tds so how did the browns run d do so gr8???

Comment

It was a great game, BrownsNation. I've got a request for you. Can your Browns go out and beat Baltimore next week? With Baltimore losing yesterday, another loss by Baltimore would certainly help the Broncos playoff chances. I would appreciate it.
                  Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                    plz explain the portis theory. shut down? he got about 170 yards and 2 tds so how did the browns run d do so gr8???
                    No, Portis wasn't shut down. But the Browns did a good job containing him. His longest run was only 13 yards. He had "only" 139 yards on 38 carries. That's about 3.6 yards per carry...way below he season average.

With 38 carries Portis should've hit 200 yards easy. It was a good job by Cleveland.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

The guy needed 38 carries...think about that, 38 carries...to get to 139 yards. That's less than 4 yards a carry. Portis averages well over 5. When he's getting almost 2 yards less per carry than he normally gets, that speaks volume for the way our defense stuffed him. Of his two touchdowns, one was a half yarder after we gave up great field position. The other touchdown he had was also his on his best run of the day.

Comment

I've got a request for you. Can your Browns go out and beat Baltimore next week? With Baltimore losing yesterday, another loss by Baltimore would certainly help the Broncos playoff chances. I would appreciate it.
                        Don't worry, I think I would appreciate it more than you. As heartbreaking as this loss was, I don't know what I'd do if we lost to the Ravens again. There are no excuses...we absolutely HAVE to beat them this week. If we finish 5-11, I don't give a damn. So don't worry, we're on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X