Fox Gets 3 Year Extension via Jay Glazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
    Anyway we can start a petition to throw fox out lol, the dude is a garbage head coach, like someone else said on here , did people not notice the team didn't miss a beat when del rio took over when fox was having his hear issues?? The teams success the past few years is all on Elway and Manning. has absolutely NOTHING to do with Fox. Elway has given fox the talent to work with which in return makes him look like a better coach than he really is . Smh on this one
    Find it absolutely ridiculous how people blame the entire SB solely on Fox.

The entire team didnt play well, that goes on the players, not the coach.

Doesnt mention missing 6 starters who would of made a massive difference in that game but yes, all the coaches fault.

Didnt know he played on the field.

Some of that top talent was on IR, guess that's Fox's fault too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      Find it absolutely ridiculous how people blame the entire SB solely on Fox.

The entire team didnt play well, that goes on the players, not the coach.

Doesnt mention missing 6 starters who would of made a massive difference in that game but yes, all the coaches fault.

Didnt know he played on the field.

Some of that top talent was on IR, guess that's Fox's fault too, right?
      Not all if that loss is on fox. But really? You had two weeks to prepare your team for the Super Bowl , and your gonna start off with the a safety because " oh , I didn't think the noise was gonna be such a factor" REALLY!!!!??? You f kidding , it's the Super Bowl !!!! Ya but go ahead keep thinking john fox has nothing to to with right?

Comment

Welp...2 down...3 more years of season ending disappointment(s) to go.

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it!!!

Comment

Not all if that loss is on fox. But really? You had two weeks to prepare your team for the Super Bowl , and your gonna start off with the a safety because " oh , I didn't think the noise was gonna be such a factor" REALLY!!!!??? You f kidding , it's the Super Bowl !!!! Ya but go ahead keep thinking john fox has nothing to to with right?
          The safety is on Fox?

Didnt know he snapped the ball.

I never said Fox doesnt deserve any blame, sure he does, but people like you act like he's the main reason we lost.

It's a team loss like most games are in sports.

Comment

The safety is on Fox?

I never said Fox doesnt deserve any blame, sure he does, but people like you act like he's the main reason we lost.

Put it this way , take manning out of the equation and where does that leave our team ?? Enough said ...... Ok put manning back in and let's take Elway out of the equation , now where we at? Elway has done a phenomenal job bringing it great talent . Ok let's put Elway back in and now take Fox out of the equation...... OH WAIT !! We did already, for four straight games and we went 3-1 should even 4-0 but looked like we laid off the gas too fast against New England but anyway!!! Back to my point, Fox is just a pawn in our game. Easily can be replaced , my theory is elway just doesn't wanna give manning another coach at this stage and start from scratch. Which makes me wonder why he didn't just wait till after this year ?? 😐

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
              This team is headed in the wrong direction? Two 13-3 seasons in a row plus a Super Bowl appearance?

Do you have any idea how many teams would KILL for that type of dreaded performances?

Good God People......

We are at the top nipping at the heals... A team like this (including it's coach and FO) does not become what we are by fluke of nature.
              I'm with you Joe. And some of it has to do with this SB or bust mentality that pops up now and again. Does everyone understand how hard it is to win the SB? There's no given in this situation. It's a struggle, and we got there this past season, and have two excellent back to back seasons. Plus we've have had a ton of entertainment!

Maybe Fox isn't the best HC out there, but he suits us well. He's a calm leader, and the players seem to really like him. Everyone has a role in this, and from my perspective, though not flashy, he has done his part. He can't make plays, tackle, intercept, rush or even knock down hail mary passes (if you get my drift).

We'll never know what would happen if we moved another guy in.....but there's continuity here, and we have almost everything in place to make another run. We'll have a nice mix by the time our team hits the field.

Comment

I agree with the poster who put the spotlight on Gase. Young OC who learned a lesson hopefully. Does Fox need to shoulder some of the blame for the SB, of course, but Gase was the guy in charge of the offense. He was all year up to the SB, no reason for Fox to step in and take over.

Still a tremendous year. Think everyone still apart of the team can take away some knowledge and hopefully we get back and have a chance to correct the mistakes.
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

The safety is on Fox?

I'm not one too lay all the blame on Fox. But the safety, yeah that is on Fox as much as it is on the players. The problem on that play was noise, our players even said it. What does Fox do for the SB, he turns down the noise cause he doesn't "think" it will be that loud. Come on man its the Superbowl you prepare for it too be that loud and if it isn't then you are ahead of the game. It would also have been nice to see our blocking tight end active on the roster that day in case we needed him against that Dline. That lack of preparation started us behind in the game and it snow balled from there. We had lack of preparation and we had lack of adjustments throughout. We could have run the ball more to set up pap and slow the Dline down and tire them out more. Especially when you saw Manning was rattled.We could've given the Oline more help in blocking. Too many times in that game I saw both tackles on islands and both were having problems. We looked like we were executing a game plan with blinders on and would not stray away from it no matter what. Lack of preparation and lack of adjustments killed us in that game. Yep players did not play well and that is on them. The lack of prep and adjustments is on Fox. We should not have gotten killed the way we did. They had a great D but the offense imo was mediocre at best all year long. I think they scored more on us in the SB then any other team all year. We weren't facing Joe Montana, it was Russel Wilson.

When we hired Fox, I said I thought he was a good coach but that come playoff time he could actually hold his team back with his coaching style. I think that monster showed its head in the SB. IMO this team is built to win and should make the playoffs every year. But come playoff time there is not a whole lot of room for mistakes cause its one and done. I here too many people saying we didn't have the talent to compete. BS, we got outcoached and outplayed and we never made physical or mental adjustments to counter what they were doing which is why we got blown out. Yep that part is on the coach imo.
                  Last edited by FL BRONCO; 04-05-2014, 11:34 AM.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                    I agree with the poster who put the spotlight on Gase. Young OC who learned a lesson hopefully. Does Fox need to shoulder some of the blame for the SB, of course, but Gase was the guy in charge of the offense. He was all year up to the SB, no reason for Fox to step in and take over.

Still a tremendous year. Think everyone still apart of the team can take away some knowledge and hopefully we get back and have a chance to correct the mistakes.

I dont' know about take over, but yeah there was plenty of reason for Fox and Gase to make some changes. We were falling farther and farther behind in the one and done SB. Thats his job. Instead we just kept going down the same path and got embarrassed. You can say thats on the 1st year OC, but he is a first year OC and your HC knows it. Its just as much on him imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I'm with you Joe. And some of it has to do with this SB or bust mentality that pops up now and again. Does everyone understand how hard it is to win the SB? There's no given in this situation. It's a struggle, and we got there this past season, and have two excellent back to back seasons. Plus we've have had a ton of entertainment!

Maybe Fox isn't the best HC out there, but he suits us well. He's a calm leader, and the players seem to really like him. Everyone has a role in this, and from my perspective, though not flashy, he has done his part. He can't make plays, tackle, intercept, rush or even knock down hail mary passes (if you get my drift).

We'll never know what would happen if we moved another guy in.....but there's continuity here, and we have almost everything in place to make another run. We'll have a nice mix by the time our team hits the field.
                      Well I'm with you in the fact that we have had some nice runs. Certainly is a lot better than it was a couple years ago. I have seen posters from other teams say they would rather not go then go and lose. I totally disagree, it was very nice to make it there and besides the total blowout, I enjoyed the ride all year long. I definitely don't think Fox was the best choice which I said when we hired him, but I wouldn't change it now. You said it, we have continuity and have been playing better every year. I think we have to keep Fox and ride it out with him atleast until Manning retires. I hate the fact we may lose our Coordinators along the way but SB is the goal and keeping the continuity is probably our best chance. Between the Changes Elway has and is making and hopefully the lessons learned, I hope we are back next year with much different results. And personally, I hope we are playing Seattle. I am glad we will be playing that division this year cause I think that will help us a lot toward that goal. I can't wait to start the ride this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        What? The "debacle" when Tebow carried Fox to 8 wins and a playoff win? Despite Fox's ridiculous lack of intelligence and refusal to understand that Tebow gave us a much better shot at winning than Orton. He wasted 5 games with Orton, even though it was painfully obvious to anyone capable of cognitive thought that Tebow would have much more success. Then he tries to spite the media and fan base for clamoring for Tebow, thinking he's some kind of football genius, and he just knows Tebow will fail. Then, wait, whoa, Fox was wrong? Orton didn't actually give us the best chance to win? Tebow was actually better? No duh, the fans and media had only been saying that for a year after Tebow had started the final three games of the prior year and showed much promise and the ability to win games.

No. Fox gets absolutely NO credit for the Tebow ordeal because he was completely wrong the entire time.
                        Oh please, get over yourself...Tebow was a bust and Fox persevered with the lousy hand he was dealt when he took over. Where is Tebow now??????????????????????????????

Comment

Put it this way , take manning out of the equation and where does that leave our team.
                          Take out Rodgers/Brees/Brady, etc, they arent much better.

So i dont see where you're going with this.

Just admit defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            I'm not one too lay all the blame on Fox. But the safety, yeah that is on Fox as much as it is on the players. The problem on that play was noise, our players even said it.
                            No. The Safety occurred as a result of a silent count miscue. Silent count expects noise.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                              I'm not one too lay all the blame on Fox. But the safety, yeah that is on Fox as much as it is on the players.
                              How so?

It was on Manny/Manning for not being on the same page rather than the coach who has ZERO SAY in the offense, NONE AT ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                No. The Safety occurred as a result of a silent count miscue. Silent count expects noise.
                                Yes it did. Which is kinda the point. They didn't exactly execute it very well when they had too because of the noise.
                                Regardless, imo why the heck would your turn it down and prepare for less noise when it is the SUPERBOWL. If anything you over prepare for it, which apparantly we didn't as the first play showed. Did you see Mannings face after it, or listen to Manny talk about it? It threw them off imo you could see it in Mannings face and you heard Manny talk about it. They were not prepared for it

Comment

Working...
                                X