Players who you think are on "Make it or Break it" year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players who you think are on "Make it or Break it" year

Who do you think will be in the bubble this year, or are either a "Make it or Break it" year, where they will be consider a fail player and be cut?

My guess are.
    Ronnie Hillman
    Omar Bolden
    Quinton Carter
    Nate Irving

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
    Who do you think will be in the bubble this year, or are either a "Make it or Break it" year, where they will be consider a fail player and be cut?

My guess are.
    Ronnie Hillman
    Omar Bolden
    Quinton Carter
    Nate Irving
    Good list- took some of them off of mine.

I think Rahim Moore might be on that list as well. He's in a contract year and although he has improved dramatically since his subpar rookie year I wonder how his injury and a new contract affect him going forward...

Orlando Franklin as well with a position change to LG. I personally think he will do fine and moving to Guard will decrease his future compensation/cap hit but if he has an off year I could see us parting ways. Once again, I don't think that will be the case, nor do I want it to but the potential is there. Mainly, I like his attitude- he seems like he is embracing his role.

Comment

Duke Ihanacho
      Rahim Moore
      Ronnie Hillman
      Steven Johnson

Comment

My List:

Ronnie Hillman

Omar Bolden

Quinton Carter

Nate Irving

Duke Ihanacho

Rahim Moore

Steven Johnson

Chris Harris jr. (he is coming off an injury so he will need to prove he can still play)

Von Miller - with his off-field issues he will need to come back and prove he can not only still play well but keep himself out of trouble

Julius Thomas- He proved last season that he can be one of the best at his position. With only being able to play through one full season this will be a key season for him. Also note that we brought in another ex-basketball player with similar skill-sets in the off-season to work out.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          My List:

Ronnie Hillman

Omar Bolden

Quinton Carter

Nate Irving

Duke Ihanacho

Rahim Moore

Steven Johnson

Chris Harris jr. (he is coming off an injury so he will need to prove he can still play)

Von Miller - with his off-field issues he will need to come back and prove he can not only still play well but keep himself out of trouble

Julius Thomas- He proved last season that he can be one of the best at his position. With only being able to play through one full season this will be a key season for him. Also note that we brought in another ex-basketball player with similar skill-sets in the off-season to work out.....
          No offense, but I don't think there is a chance in heck that we let Harris or JT walk.

Harris's injury is was not a complete tear and he has proven too valuable and versatile to let go.

JT has been developed to the point where he is a star in this league- no way we let him go after investing the amount of time we have getting him to this point.

Plus, they are both very young....

Comment

Von is definitely on the make or break list, this is a real crossroad in his career. I think Duke Ihenacho could be a surprise cut if he doesn't have a stellar camp.

Rahim Moore has been solid yet unspectacular. Kind of boom or bust to me at this point. Has to prove he is a difference maker and earn that next contract.

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
              Von is definitely on the make or break list, this is a real crossroad in his career. I think Duke Ihenacho could be a surprise cut if he doesn't have a stellar camp.

Rahim Moore has been solid yet unspectacular. Kind of boom or bust to me at this point. Has to prove he is a difference maker and earn that next contract.
              Von's 5th year option has to be decided by May 3rd. He'll definitely be make-or-break if they don't excercise the option. If they do, he has another year to prove he's still a top player.

Comment

Omar Bolden.. Ugh. Is he still on our team? Why oh why and what does he even contribute.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised If Bolden is gone before the start of the season. This draft is an ideal time to replace him because there are some really good DBs available through the 5th round even.
                  Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post

Von will be retained no matter what via option, new contract or franchise tag.

Ihenacho will not be cut- he was a practice squad player who worked his way up to starting last year- essentially he's cheap and has starter experience- you don't cut quality depth like that when they are still under contract for 570K- RFA as well.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      Omar Bolden.. Ugh. Is he still on our team? Why oh why and what does he even contribute.
                      Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised If Bolden is gone before the start of the season. This draft is an ideal time to replace him because there are some really good DBs available through the 5th round even.
                      I'm not sure Bolden makes it out of camp this year honestly. We shall see...

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                        Von's 5th year option has to be decided by May 3rd. He'll definitely be make-or-break if they don't excercise the option. If they do, he has another year to prove he's still a top player.
                        He could be make or break even if they pick up the option. If they cut him before March of next year, they owe him nothing.
                        Last edited by broncolee; 04-25-2014, 04:12 PM.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

If they pickup the option, most figure they will, not a make/break year for Von.

Don't really think Duke is either.

Rahim probably is.

The others listed as well are too.

Comment

Peyton Manning j/k

Make or break year

Quinton Carter

Hillman

Tony Carter

Make or break Training Camp

Garland

Cornick

Bolden
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
                              Good list- took some of them off of mine.

I think Rahim Moore might be on that list as well. He's in a contract year and although he has improved dramatically since his subpar rookie year I wonder how his injury and a new contract affect him going forward...

Orlando Franklin as well with a position change to LG. I personally think he will do fine and moving to Guard will decrease his future compensation/cap hit but if he has an off year I could see us parting ways. Once again, I don't think that will be the case, nor do I want it to but the potential is there. Mainly, I like his attitude- he seems like he is embracing his role.
                              Top LG's actually make more on average than RT's. I agree he does seem to be embracing it and it will be interesting to see how it works out.
                              sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                              UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X