Players who you think are on "Make it or Break it" year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
    Who do you think will be in the bubble this year, or are either a "Make it or Break it" year, where they will be consider a fail player and be cut?

My guess are.
    Ronnie Hillman
    Omar Bolden
    Quinton Carter
    Nate Irving
    For me, there is only one, Ronnie Hillman. Irving will be a FA after this season anyway, so if he doesn't become a starter, they will just let him walk.

I guess I would also had Rahim Moore to that list on second thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
      I wouldn't go with Johnson, he has been in the league for two years and has contributed after being an UDFA. That's like saying Woodyard was make or break after the 09 season, he didn't break out till 2012.
      only because Anderson was making a lot of tackles. had he not been a leader in that area, who knows what might have happened earlier.

Comment

Manning.....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          only because Anderson was making a lot of tackles. had he not been a leader in that area, who knows what might have happened earlier.
          Who is Anderson?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Who is Anderson?
            C.J.?
            10 Char
            HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
              No offense, but I don't think there is a chance in heck that we let Harris or JT walk.

Harris's injury is was not a complete tear and he has proven too valuable and versatile to let go.

JT has been developed to the point where he is a star in this league- no way we let him go after investing the amount of time we have getting him to this point.

Plus, they are both very young....
              Age and skill set before getting hurt doesn't mean they/he can return to the same form. Don't get me wrong I hope he comes back stronger than ever. The fact remains though that some guys bodies heal differently than others. Sometimes, for some, they never come back to their original form.

I included JT on my list because of the fact that he was a developmental player for us. He has only had one full season and getting another season where he is a dominant player will certainly help prove that his one stellar season can be repeated. Ask yourself this question, if JT doesn't perform the same way he did last season where will he sit with you? I personally think he can outperform his stats from last season as he has shown he has an aptitude for learning

Comment

On the short list would be Hillman. Hillman will ned a strong camp to be able to keep his roster spot.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  Age and skill set before getting hurt doesn't mean they/he can return to the same form. Don't get me wrong I hope he comes back stronger than ever. The fact remains though that some guys bodies heal differently than others. Sometimes, for some, they never come back to their original form.

I included JT on my list because of the fact that he was a developmental player for us. He has only had one full season and getting another season where he is a dominant player will certainly help prove that his one stellar season can be repeated. Ask yourself this question, if JT doesn't perform the same way he did last season where will he sit with you? I personally think he can outperform his stats from last season as he has shown he has an aptitude for learning
                  Two things-

1. Harris did not have a complete tear and with the way that these types of procedures are handled with todays medicine, I have no reason to believe he will not recapture his old form. In the off chance he does not reach 100% by the end of the season, I look at this as a bargaining chip to pay him less. Either way, I expect to see him back with a new contract- he's simply too valuable to this team.

2. I've watched Julius develop throughout the training camp over the years and don't think there is a chance that he regresses (unless due to injury). He will have an increased role in the red zone this year due to Deckers departure. IMO this is definitely not a make or break year for him. Last year was a make or break year but he proved his worth. Now it's time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                    On the short list would be Hillman. Hillman will ned a strong camp to be able to keep his roster spot.
                    I agree. I can see a mid to late round RB draft pick stealing his spot if they have a great camp. I'm curious to see how his situation plays out.

That being said, I can also see Hillman turning the corner and becoming the player Elway though he could be when he drafted him. The kid is still very young so it's hard to say either way. He needs to hang onto the ball though...

Comment

Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
                      I agree. I can see a mid to late round RB draft pick stealing his spot if they have a great camp. I'm curious to see how his situation plays out.

That being said, I can also see Hillman turning the corner and becoming the player Elway though he could be when he drafted him. The kid is still very young so it's hard to say either way. He needs to hang onto the ball though...
                      Hillman has showen the speed that Elway drafted him for, but all to often is taken down by the first defender. In short Hillman needs to work on his vision. There are presantly 4 RBs on the roster including Jerodis Williams, who was signed to a future contract. It is likely that Elway will draft a late round RB to compete. when the roster is cut to 53, it is unlikely there will be more than 4 RBs on the roster and that depends on other players at other positions. In other words they will keep three, the fourth will depend if they need the roster spot or not for someone else.

I do have faith in Hillman, but this is most definatly a make or break year for him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X