If we fail to win the Super Bowl....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we fail to win the Super Bowl....

Just out of curiosity, how much longer do you want Peyton Manning to quarterback this team if we aren't winning the Super Bowl? Must he win this year? By next year? As long as wants? Just curious what the fans are thinking.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

As long as he can play at a high level he is welcome as far as I am concerned.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I think PFM plays this year and next. He said last year he does not want to play against Eli again. But he has played so long, all of the major all time passing records will be within reach in 2015, so I believe he plays two more seasons.

Problem is, John Fox is still our coach, so the idea of winning a Super Bowl is going to be something I have to see to believe. It's like having a world class race car, with Larry the Cable Guy driving it
      Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 04-30-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Would you DUMP Aaron Rodgers if he doesn't even make the superbowl?

What about Tom Brady? That looser hasn't won a superbowl in 9 1/2 years!!!! Dump him!!

Why do we want to dump a quarterback that gives us the best chance as any to win us the big one?

NEXT question!!!!!

Comment

I didn't say dump him. Was curious if the horrible defeat in the Super Bowl had some wondering about how long they wanted Manning as QB if we continue to fail at winning it all. Not bashing him just wondering how many fans wanted to see Brock in action and maybe a more balanced offense.
          Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
          Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
          Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

I want him until we can find a good, legitimate QB. Either by trading or drafting one. We'd obviously give Osweiler a chance unless we traded him, but I don't like what I've seen from him.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

The question sort of baffles me. I mean, we have a quarterback who is certainly in the discussion as being the greatest quarterback to play the game playing at a record-setting pace... He could fairly significantly lower his game and still be amongst the top quarterbacks in the NFL right now.

So my answer is that I'd like him playing for as long as he can unless a better option comes along... and when I scan around I don't really see that better option. I'd also like him to play in Denver long enough that he truly feels like a Bronco to everyone. I'm not sure how realistic that is, but it would be nice.
              sigpic

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                I think PFM plays this year and next. He said last year he does not want to play against Eli again. But he has played so long, all of the major all time passing records will be within reach in 2015, so I believe he plays two more seasons.

Problem is, John Fox is still our coach, so the idea of winning a Super Bowl is going to be something I have to see to believe. It's like having a world class race car, with Larry the Cable Guy driving it
                I don't think the records are a driving force for Manning at this point. There is nothing but a Superbowl on that bucket list. Winning the division and getting through the playoffs are just stepping stones.

Who would you really rather have instead of Fox? This would be a hell of an act to follow, even with the current roster. We have all the pieces in place for another run, If it ain't broke...

OP, Peyton will know when he's done, we were blessed to have him as long as we did.
                [sigpic

Comment

Honestly, not sure.

Comment

We didn't dump Elway in the 80's... and we all know how many he lost.

Comment

Well, I was ready to crucify him after the Super Bowl. I'm still angry about that.

For this year:

Hopefully, as some have already said, we have a more balanced offense. If Peyton still can't get it done with that, I guess keep him till the end of his contract and have somebody getting ready to take over.

Of course, that's pending the Super Bowl again. I believe we can make it back, but while Denver has improved, so has the division and the AFC. Won't be as easy to make it back.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, how much longer do you want Peyton Manning to quarterback this team if we aren't winning the Super Bowl? Must he win this year? By next year? As long as wants? Just curious what the fans are thinking.
                        I want Manning for as long as he wants to play in Denver.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr lee View Post
                          We didn't dump Elway in the 80's... and we all know how many he lost.
                          I kind of doubt Manning sticks around for as long as Elways did after the 80's.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                            I don't think the records are a driving force for Manning at this point. There is nothing but a Superbowl on that bucket list. Winning the division and getting through the playoffs are just stepping stones.

Who would you really rather have instead of Fox? This would be a hell of an act to follow, even with the current roster. We have all the pieces in place for another run, If it ain't broke...

OP, Peyton will know when he's done, we were blessed to have him as long as we did.
                            Well, after 43-8, I would suggest it IS broken...

The ideal solution, IMO, would have been to get Ken Whisenhunt. Fox was a .500 coach when he arrived in Denver after nine season's in the NFL. The Broncos 13-3 records over the last two seasons to me means nothing when it comes to Fox. As we saw, JDR went 3-1 in the toughest four game stretch of the season in his absence. We also saw PFM start 13-0 and get to a SB with Jim Caldwell, only to lose that SB when Sean Payton handed Caldwell his coaching jock.

Fox did the worst job preparing a team for a SB I have ever seen...hello, you were not prepared and had no answer for crowd noise in the opening series??! How is that even possible??! The team was embarrassingly flat and played with zero emotion. I am sorry, but the Broncos aren't going to win a SB with that buffoon on the sidelines, won't happen.

We sorta made a deal with the Devil on this. Peyton INSISTS on almost total control of the offense, and as we saw, we are a finesse offense. He insists on not having a fullback, but that is how you establish a power running game. The Seahawks had two FB's on their roster. When the chips are down, you have to run the ball, period. You wouldn't think you would have to explain that to Bronco fans that know our history....0-4 in SB's when we couldn't run it, 2-0 when we got TD and a dominant O-line, and ran it down the opponents throat, when we wanted.

This offense is just as Jim Irsay described, Star Wars numbers, fantastic skillful plays, but ultimately vulnerable to more physical teams, and the more physical teams reside in the NFC these days. So I hate to say it, but as I sit here today, I see another SB loss coming next season, because I do believe we will win the AFC again only to meet a team from the NFC that will beat us up and take our lunch money.
                            Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 04-30-2014, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Seriously?

I still can't believe we signed Peyton Freakin Manning!

I want him for as long as he's willing to play for us. Especially after last year. Simply amazing. Equal to TD's 98 season, if not even better other than that last game of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X