Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this be the best DL we have had since...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Yup it was sarcasm 2007 was one of the worst we ever fielded
    But also remember that was the start of the DC carousel. Jim Bates and his ridiculously over-complex scheme took us from the top 10 to the bottom 5. I can remember guys looking confused and lost almost every play. Not saying the guys on that depth chart were showstoppers, but there was a ton of "square peg - round hole" going on. Needless to say the outcome was nothing short of, chooo-chooo..ka-boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now those 2005-06 Browncos! Didn't get the sacks, but generated serious pressure that led to great INT numbers for our DB's!
    #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post
      I loved the 97-98 defensive unit. Atwater, Romanowski, Braxton, Mobley, Smith, Williams, Pryce etc were a great unit and vastly underrated IMO.
      Agreed, that team could produce the turnovers too...

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
        But also remember that was the start of the DC carousel. Jim Bates and his ridiculously over-complex scheme took us from the top 10 to the bottom 5. I can remember guys looking confused and lost almost every play. Not saying the guys on that depth chart were showstoppers, but there was a ton of "square peg - round hole" going on. Needless to say the outcome was nothing short of, chooo-chooo..ka-boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now those 2005-06 Browncos! Didn't get the sacks, but generated serious pressure that led to great INT numbers for our DB's!
        THe Browncos worked...for one year, but it did work in 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
          THe Browncos worked...for one year, but it did work in 2005
          Technically they worked in 2006 as well. Look at the interception numbers. Teams don't get numbers like that without a great amount of pressure. We were the number 3 defense, only giving up like 16pts/game. The offense killed what should have been a SB run.
          #swapping

Comment

I remember all of teams of 2003-2006 having weakness in the pass rush. As I recall I use to think we would get sacks in bunches then go long stretches of time without putting pressure on the QB. I remember good teams exposing those defenses. 2005 we were almost last in sacks.

Even our top ten defenses (passing, rushing and scoring both years) in 2003 and 2004 were exposed by PM and pretty much every major Colt toy of his all in their prime.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I think of we can draft a stud and MLB, then on paper we have of the best D's in the league. Potentially even our team's history.

Again on paper. And potentially.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                I think of we can draft a stud and MLB, then on paper we have of the best D's in the league. Potentially even our team's history.

Again on paper. And potentially.
                It may be a smoke screen but according to a Yahoo article that quotes Elway (will link forum page at end) between Irvin (1st down 2nd down) Ward (3rd Down) MLB it not as much of a need as we think

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...position-again
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                X