Shannahan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannahan

We were well within Elams' field goal range several plays before Portis was injured. . . WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO RUSH HIM 7 CONSECUTIVE TIMES, RISKING (CAUSING) AN INJURY???? Kick the field goal already and end the game!

Heck of a job to Plummer. . . WELCOME TO THE BRONCOS!

Well in all reality (and I didnt get to see the game or highlights) but I would assume he wanted to score a TD and win instead of just tying......................ALTHOUGH............... .....why run the ball that many times (and again I didnt see the game) but did they even try to pass the ball and score????? If not then he was just trying to gain garbage yards and should have had ANY other person in there NOT CP....................

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
      ANY other person in there NOT CP....................
      Any other person would have been cold and possibly fumble...then we'd all be complaining because he didn't give the ball to CP. Until we know Portis is serious can we all relax and lay off the decision Shannahan made? Good Lord, we won the game and kept our playoff hopes alive!!!! Can the negativity.
      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dude, I am not being negative, I am upset because our pro bowl RB got injured on garbage yards, plain and simple. They were garbage. We have one of the best kickers in the league. For God sakes give the ball the Shannon, he wont fumble. Kick the FG, whatever. And I know hindsight is 20/20. There probably isnt a coach in the league that would have done it any different, it was the only sensible thing to do......duh, I know this, it doenst mean you cant be upset that you have yet another serious injury to one of your star players. Not to mention, it shouldnt have gotten to OT to begin with. How do you beat up, humilate, and embarass, the best team in the NFL one week , and struggle against one of the worst the next?????? That is where the problem lies for me............This should not have been a game that went into OT in the first place. And I am not blaming Shanahan for that, it seems to be a team thing, they are not stepping up for ALL the games. Is it coaching, is it the players, who knows, and personally I dont care, I just want it fixed.

Comment

25 of 29, for the year, nothing's automatic...I would much rather go for the TD than put all the pressure on the kicker.. you know what they should of ran, it was open all OT, was a playaction bootleg and just have plummer run it and get as much yards as he can...
          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
            25 of 29, for the year, nothing's automatic...I would much rather go for the TD than put all the pressure on the kicker.. you know what they should of ran, it was open all OT, was a playaction bootleg and just have plummer run it and get as much yards as he can...
            I agree, that probably would have worked. But you know the Shanny-bashers would be out in force screaming "Why pass the ball when the Browns couldn't stop the run in overtime?!"

What a tough job where even after you win the game you still get criticized.

I hope Portis is alright. But I'll bet if you asked him, he'd probably say he didn't mind getting the ball. I'm sure he would have liked to punch it in there for the game-winning TD.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
              I agree, that probably would have worked. But you know the Shanny-bashers would be out in force screaming "Why pass the ball when the Browns couldn't stop the run in overtime?!"

What a tough job where even after you win the game you still get criticized.

I hope Portis is alright. But I'll bet if you asked him, he'd probably say he didn't mind getting the ball. I'm sure he would have liked to punch it in there for the game-winning TD.
              This is right on. He get into the endzone & Shanny is a genius. Instead, the worst case happened & CP is hurt.

When you are driving in overtime & the run is working, you run the ball. Period. If Jake drops back & throws an INT, then it would be time for us all to question Shanny.

Comment

Weren't we at their 10 yard line when Shanny decided to run Portis again? If so, I don't understand the call he made.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                  Weren't we at their 10 yard line when Shanny decided to run Portis again? If so, I don't understand the call he made.
                  Yes it was 1st and 10 at the 10. Shanahan was hoping Portis would make a 10 TD run.

Comment

Okay I agree with Shanahan's play-calling. We had the ball. We had the Clock. We were driving down the field and the runs were working. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." You don't EVER kick a field goal on 1 and 10!

You can't go in there and be afraid every single play that your starters will get hurt or you'll never win a game. It's overtime. You have one of the most lethal weapons in the NFL. Use him!!! Besides, he was walking on it so it's probably a sprain (hopefully).

You never want to make the kicker have to win the game. Even if you have the best one in the league. Wind can be a factor, a bad snap, who knows what can happen. I have total faith in Elam. Just not those other factors. If it's 1 and 10, you keep going until it's fourth down and then let Elam win the game--since we all know he can (and DID!) But if you keep getting first downs...and you're that close...you keep driving for the Endzone.

Bottom line: We won. End of story. Good job Elam, Portis, Lelie, Plummer...and Shanahan.
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I dont know of a coach in the NFL who would settle for a field goal when it wasnt fourth down. You guys that are mad at Shanahan for continuing the drive are the same ones who would be pissing and moaning if he didnt take advantage of those extra downs had he got impatient and missed a field goal due to a block or bad snap. Never have I seen a coach not use all downs provided time allowed it. YOu never settle for a field goal unless there is no choice.

Comment

This thread reminded me of the Brett Farve commercial where its MOnday morning and he goes around town telling everyone how they should have done this and they should have done that. Its' funny as hell, has anyone seen it?

And I still feel there is something amiss about our team, our luck keeps going from bad to worse......Isn't Shannahan an Irish name? Would this be the luck of the Irish we are feeling at the moment?

Comment

Shannahan

I think he's got issues, somebody please tell me why he kicked the field goal right after they spiked the ball, there was still 11 seconds remaining & that is plenty of time to take a shot in the end zone, what are you thoughts?
                          sigpic

Comment

Re: He is a good coach.

Originally posted by Emancipator
                            We are behind Mike all the way. He makes great decisions.
                            Speak for yourself. He is a great coach, but he makes me wonder if he and Spurrier are brothers.

Comment

Re: Shannahan

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
                              I think he's got issues, somebody please tell me why he kicked the field goal right after they spiked the ball, there was still 11 seconds remaining & that is plenty of time to take a shot in the end zone, what are you thoughts?
                              Having no timeouts was the issue. If there was a sack, Cleveland wins. Or some stupid play where the ball is thrown short of the endzone and the receiver doesn't get out of bounds.

While I wouldn't have minded one shot at the endzone, I definitely didn't mind the call.

We won. That's what matters.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                              X