Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will CLINTON PORTIS get some respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will CLINTON PORTIS get some respect?

I'm sick of hearing and reading that CP is a "product of Denver's system". If good blocking, mixed with breakaway speed, killer moves, great vision, and instincts means CP doesn't have as much talent as I think he does, than who ISN'T a product of their respective team's system? The kid is the best back in the league right now and he's only in his second year.

I agree, this kid is sick. He scares the hell out of me. He has tremendous speed as well as strength and ability to make the cut back move. IMO he is the best RB in the league and will only get better. and he is doing without having an all pro QB to take pressure off of him. Now i do think you have a great o-line system and it helps, but it should not take away from his abilities. I believe he would do this no matter what line he ran behind.

Comment

Originally posted by diego
      I agree, this kid is sick. He scares the hell out of me. He has tremendous speed as well as strength and ability to make the cut back move. IMO he is the best RB in the league and will only get better. and he is doing without having an all pro QB to take pressure off of him. Now i do think you have a great o-line system and it helps, but it should not take away from his abilities. I believe he would do this no matter what line he ran behind.
      Great reply! I'm adding you to my buddy list!!

Comment

OK. I know he's only in his 2nd year, but I'm going to say it.

CP reminds me of Barry Sanders.

He isn't the prototype large bruising back.

He is extremely quick getting to the hole and then blazing fast when he's through it.
        The way he can cut and make players miss, especially in the open field, very much reminds me of Barry.
        I know this is a lofty comparison, and the young man has a long way to go, but that's my opinion.
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Portis is an unbelievable talent. He does get a lot of respect already. He will only gain more by proving himself in more than 2 seasons. Wearing a belt and being arrogant about his talent may have lost him some respect by fellow NFL players though.

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
            OK. I know he's only in his 2nd year, but I'm going to say it.

He isn't the prototype large bruising back.

He is extremely quick getting to the hole and then blazing fast when he's through it.
            The way he can cut and make players miss, especially in the open field, very much reminds me of Barry.
            I know this is a lofty comparison, and the young man has a long way to go, but that's my opinion.
            I see Clinton as more like LaDainian Tomlinson, only lighter and faster and a better receiver that L.T. The power that Portis generates out of his 205lb frame is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
              I'm not talking smack, but Portis doesn't have nearly the moves Barry had. The only person who can cut like Barry use to is Dante Hall. That being said Portis is definitely one of the best backs in the NFL.

Comment

Barry ran 50 yards east and west, only to go north for 2 yards. I don't want CP to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by diego
                  Props to LT out in San Diego too. Look what he's done with a sub par team. With a supporting cast, he'd be damn near unstoppable.

That being said, CP is definately an awesome back. One o' the best playing today imho.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                  ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

So even though Portis runs, blocks, and catches extremely well he isn't a 'complete back"? Sorry, but you must have arrowheads up your a$$!

Comment

Originally posted by FootballFan
                      If you guys think Portis is better than Holmes the you guys are wrong. I'll take Holmes over Portis anytime. I bet 80% people in the nation will take Priest over Portis coz he is the complete back.
                      On the few posts of yours I've read, you have continually offered zero back up to your statements. The above comes to mind as well as your "you have no chance against GB or Indy; 9-7 again" post. I have no issues with you offering your opinions, but do me and the rest of the Broncos fans here a favor and at the very least, offer up something other than "FootballFan says this..." to back up your *ahem* view points. If not.... move it over to the Smack Talk forum there skippy.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                      ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Clinton Portis is only scratching the surface....this guy has an unbelievable combo of just about everything a RB could have....and I would take him over Vermeil's puppet,oops, I mean Holmes any day....Priest's glory days are soon going to be behind him since he rotted half his career away on the pine!!!!!!! Everyone says Clinton is a product of Denver's system, well, how about Faulk and Holmes being products of CryBaby's, damn, I mean Vermeil's system.....I love how CP's showing all those coaches who don't know how to evaluate talent(even when you coached the guy in college, Butch Davis) whatsup!!!!!!! Glad he's OK and can't wait to see him ballin' again
                        C Po is only going to get BETTER.....Priest is gettin old!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: When will CLINTON PORTIS get some respect?

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                          I'm sick of hearing and reading that CP is a "product of Denver's system". If good blocking, mixed with breakaway speed, killer moves, great vision, and instincts means CP doesn't have as much talent as I think he does, than who ISN'T a product of their respective team's system? The kid is the best back in the league right now and he's only in his second year.
                          He will be recognized after he wins a few playoff games.
                          Or if he carries the Broncos to the playoffs. Till then, he can watch Jamal Lewis and Holmes :p

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefsMang
                            I'm not talking smack, but Portis doesn't have nearly the moves Barry had. The only person who can cut like Barry use to is Dante Hall. That being said Portis is definitely one of the best backs in the NFL.
                            Are you serious... NOBODY could hold a candle to Barry, not even your precious Dante. Lets try to be a little more realistic and not try to show soooo........ much favoritism. Dante is good, but as good a Barry, com'on. Thanks for the laugh though .

Comment

Originally posted by FootballFan
                              If you guys think Portis is better than Holmes the you guys are wrong.

I'll take Holmes over Portis anytime. I bet 80% people in the nation will take Priest over Portis coz he is the complete back.
                              I find that hard to believe as CP is about to post one of the best 2 season running totals for the NFL. As of 12/13 he was #4 on the list and could crack the #2 spot with a good day against GB.

Since Holmes hasn't put up numbers like Portis I doubt many people would take Holmes over Portis - yourself being an obvious exception.

Comment

Working...
                              X