Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start QG or MA at Tailback

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Put Mike in there for the first half to soften up the defense ( he's more of a power runner ), then have him and Quentin share the load once the "D" runs outta gas. Just mho.

    Nuff said...

    Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

    Comment


    • #32
      nobody can deny Griffin skill out there now that you had a chance to see it. Anybody who still thinks Griffin isnt good enough, didnt watch the game, he was making quick decisions and brekin ankles, it was turf, but you dotn lose THAT much on grass. I've ran on both and people forget that the defensve guys get slowed too on grass so QG is good anywhere. andersen is used purely for power, he isnt explosive unless he gets a HUGE hole, he is a good bull-up the middle runner for tough yards.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

      I tried to warn ya.

      Comment


      • #33
        I totally agree with you, Lava. And most of Griffin's OU games were played on grass, so the theory that he did so well just because he played on turf doesn't hold water.

        If Portis can't play, I say alternate Anderson and Griffin the whole game. Keep opponents guessing, not knowing which one Shanahan's going to throw at them.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by AsianOrange
          Does J-Lo really have a big butt?
          It's got its own zip code, A.O.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by broncos_chick
            It's got its own zip code, A.O.
            wouldnt you love to have an a$$ like that? LOL
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

            I tried to warn ya.

            Comment


            • #36
              I was simply saying I think he may be faster on turf.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by broncos_chick
                I totally agree with you, Lava. And most of Griffin's OU games were played on grass, so the theory that he did so well just because he played on turf doesn't hold water.

                If Portis can't play, I say alternate Anderson and Griffin the whole game. Keep opponents guessing, not knowing which one Shanahan's going to throw at them.
                Because Anderson is a more powerful back I think in the GB game it might be better if he got the bulk of the carries. That's not to say the QG should not get plenty of work he is a very good back. QG is more quick than he is fast so he is more dependent on his moves than Anderson is. A small back like QG is not going to discourage defenders about hitting him because he is small. Anderson on the other hand runs over and through people, if defender have to tackle him all day they'll wear down a little faster, and they be a little more hesitant about tackling him because of the jarring in doing so.
                John 11: 25-27

                My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                Thanks Snk16

                Comment


                • #38
                  rest clinton, do what we did against colts, mixture of anderson and QG. They both know what they're doing.

                  wouldn't give clinton more than 20 carries

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    So are saying that Portis should get some playing time? I'm just trying to understand what your saying Kiwi.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by TXBRONC
                      Because Anderson is a more powerful back I think in the GB game it might be better if he got the bulk of the carries. That's not to say the QG should not get plenty of work he is a very good back. QG is more quick than he is fast so he is more dependent on his moves than Anderson is. A small back like QG is not going to discourage defenders about hitting him because he is small. Anderson on the other hand runs over and through people, if defender have to tackle him all day they'll wear down a little faster, and they be a little more hesitant about tackling him because of the jarring in doing so.
                      how many yards you think he will pick up compared to griffin? i think they both need each other but anderson only in short yardage situations.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                      I tried to warn ya.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Portis will not play this week per mike, the article is posted on ESPN.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Play Griffin! Think about it, Anderson is the fullback. Let him use his power to block and open up holes for QG. That way they both can be in the backfield!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Return of Lava
                            how many yards you think he will pick up compared to griffin? i think they both need each other but anderson only in short yardage situations.
                            If Mike got the bulk of the carries (lets say somewhere between 20 and 30 carries) he very easily could go past the centry mark. I say that because he is an accomplished running back. Griffin and Anderson compliment each other, however Anderson needs a lead blocker less than Griffin does. Griffin could not survive in a one back system Anderson could because he is bigger and stronger.
                            John 11: 25-27

                            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                            Thanks Snk16

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              If Mike got the bulk of the carries (lets say somewhere between 20 and 30 carries) he very easily could go past the centry mark. I say that because he is an accomplished running back. Griffin and Anderson compliment each other, however Anderson needs a lead blocker less than Griffin does. Griffin could not survive in a one back system Anderson could because he is bigger and stronger.
                              you are right but luckily, we dont run a single back system much. griffin does need a lead blocker more than mike, but he is more likely to break a long run than mike also. if griffin got 20-30 carries, i wouldnt doubt he could average at least 4.5 ypc or more. idont think mike can average that high consistently anymore. he has lost speed. i noticed that on his 44 yarder vs the lions.
                              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                              I tried to warn ya.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Oh really. When Portis is healthy, and Portis comes many times Shanahan goes two TE and one back, with Anderson being that back. Other than that, I can't argue with your point.
                                John 11: 25-27

                                My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                                Thanks Snk16

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X