Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Oh really. When Portis is healthy, and Portis comes many times Shanahan goes two TE and one back, with Anderson being that back. Other than that, I can't argue with your point.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    If Mike got the bulk of the carries (lets say somewhere between 20 and 30 carries) he very easily could go past the centry mark. I say that because he is an accomplished running back. Griffin and Anderson compliment each other, however Anderson needs a lead blocker less than Griffin does. Griffin could not survive in a one back system Anderson could because he is bigger and stronger.
    you are right but luckily, we dont run a single back system much. griffin does need a lead blocker more than mike, but he is more likely to break a long run than mike also. if griffin got 20-30 carries, i wouldnt doubt he could average at least 4.5 ypc or more. idont think mike can average that high consistently anymore. he has lost speed. i noticed that on his 44 yarder vs the lions.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    how many yards you think he will pick up compared to griffin? i think they both need each other but anderson only in short yardage situations.
    If Mike got the bulk of the carries (lets say somewhere between 20 and 30 carries) he very easily could go past the centry mark. I say that because he is an accomplished running back. Griffin and Anderson compliment each other, however Anderson needs a lead blocker less than Griffin does. Griffin could not survive in a one back system Anderson could because he is bigger and stronger.

Leave a comment:

• SethGrandpa
    replied
    Play Griffin! Think about it, Anderson is the fullback. Let him use his power to block and open up holes for QG. That way they both can be in the backfield!

Leave a comment:

• Watchingbroncos
    replied
    Portis will not play this week per mike, the article is posted on ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Because Anderson is a more powerful back I think in the GB game it might be better if he got the bulk of the carries. That's not to say the QG should not get plenty of work he is a very good back. QG is more quick than he is fast so he is more dependent on his moves than Anderson is. A small back like QG is not going to discourage defenders about hitting him because he is small. Anderson on the other hand runs over and through people, if defender have to tackle him all day they'll wear down a little faster, and they be a little more hesitant about tackling him because of the jarring in doing so.
    how many yards you think he will pick up compared to griffin? i think they both need each other but anderson only in short yardage situations.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    So are saying that Portis should get some playing time? I'm just trying to understand what your saying Kiwi.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi_bronco
    replied
    rest clinton, do what we did against colts, mixture of anderson and QG. They both know what they're doing.

wouldn't give clinton more than 20 carries

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_chick
    I totally agree with you, Lava. And most of Griffin's OU games were played on grass, so the theory that he did so well just because he played on turf doesn't hold water.

If Portis can't play, I say alternate Anderson and Griffin the whole game. Keep opponents guessing, not knowing which one Shanahan's going to throw at them.
    Because Anderson is a more powerful back I think in the GB game it might be better if he got the bulk of the carries. That's not to say the QG should not get plenty of work he is a very good back. QG is more quick than he is fast so he is more dependent on his moves than Anderson is. A small back like QG is not going to discourage defenders about hitting him because he is small. Anderson on the other hand runs over and through people, if defender have to tackle him all day they'll wear down a little faster, and they be a little more hesitant about tackling him because of the jarring in doing so.

Leave a comment:

• Watchingbroncos
    replied
    I was simply saying I think he may be faster on turf.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_chick
    It's got its own zip code, A.O.
    wouldnt you love to have an a$$ like that? LOL

Leave a comment:

• broncos_chick
    replied
    Originally posted by AsianOrange
    Does J-Lo really have a big butt?
    It's got its own zip code, A.O.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_chick
    replied
    I totally agree with you, Lava. And most of Griffin's OU games were played on grass, so the theory that he did so well just because he played on turf doesn't hold water.

If Portis can't play, I say alternate Anderson and Griffin the whole game. Keep opponents guessing, not knowing which one Shanahan's going to throw at them.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    nobody can deny Griffin skill out there now that you had a chance to see it. Anybody who still thinks Griffin isnt good enough, didnt watch the game, he was making quick decisions and brekin ankles, it was turf, but you dotn lose THAT much on grass. I've ran on both and people forget that the defensve guys get slowed too on grass so QG is good anywhere. andersen is used purely for power, he isnt explosive unless he gets a HUGE hole, he is a good bull-up the middle runner for tough yards.

Leave a comment:

• NOLABroncofan
    replied
    Put Mike in there for the first half to soften up the defense ( he's more of a power runner ), then have him and Quentin share the load once the "D" runs outta gas. Just mho.

Nuff said...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X