New Rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I quit watching Basketball for this same reason. They kept changing the rules until it got to the point that every time down the court there was a penalty called on someone for touching. It just ruined the pace, the flow, and the entire concept of what basketball was before the rule changes.

I started to watch hockey and that is a game that has some pace and is very exciting.

Why do they have to screw up a good thing? Football was growing and headed for unbelievable heights and now they are going to screw that up too.

This is football people. It is and has always been a contact sport. If the players don't like what could happen to them don't sign the million dollar contracts and go play Madden.

Stop trying to make a great sport better, because all you are doing is ruining the game.
    Couldn't have said it any better myself!! The NBA is unwatchable to me! Leave the rules alone... they are great as is. The illegal contact penalties are a joke let the receivers and corners battle

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
      Couldn't have said it any better myself!! The NBA is unwatchable to me! Leave the rules alone... they are great as is. The illegal contact penalties are a joke let the receivers and corners battle
      Yup, it was ridiculous. I don't know why they feel the need to mess up everything. The NE/WA & DEN/SEA games were almost unwatchable. The announcers were getting antsy and kept saying how ticky tacky the calls were. I like the WR/CB battles actually. It brings an exciting element to the game.

If they want to change a rule, change the PI to a 15 yard penalty instead of a spot foul. I hate watching a team getting a 40-50 yard gain because of a foul. It's cheap. And I've seen teams just toss the ball up in the hopes of getting a PI and it usually works. It sucks. Even for my team.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by SergioElChingon View Post
        It would've been nice if they had the same views on PI during the SB last year. It would've been a whole different game.
        Please stop. PI had very little to do with why we lost.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          The one on Danny/Baldwin in the endzone was ridiculous.

Hardly any contact, great football play, penalty, set up their TD.

Some of the calls were justified but seemed like every 3-4 plays there was a flag.
          I have to disagree. There wasn't a lot of contact but there was contact AND (keyword) Danny did not turn back to the ball. I'm not a big fan of the refs but I'm trying to be unbiased. That's basic football, a defender that even grazes an offensive player without making any attempt to look back for the ball is gonna get flagged.

Comment

The NFL is starting to turn into the NBA where if you so much are to even brush your hair of you arm against an opposing player, a foul is called on you.

I hear people claim that NFL fans wanna see big pass plays and high scores to keep them highly interested. Last I checked, game attendance and TV ratings never decreased prior to all these pansy rules heavily aiding the offense where instituted.

I understand wanting to make things safer but its getting to the point where you mind as well just start playing 2 hand touch or using flags around the waists.
            Denver Broncos
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks
            Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X