latimer versus sanders, manana.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latimer versus sanders, manana.

if sanders doesn't play again ( quad ), or doesn't get any passes thrown his way like the first pre-season game, and latimer lives-up to his second-round billing and plays like he did last week, then latimer SHOULD be the starter opposite d. Thomas come opening day. latimer is a true manning-type go to receiver because of his size, speed, and athleticism, much like d.t. AND j.t. ..sanders is more of a welker type of guy, although not nearly as good. I think it's DEFINITELY something to watch on sat. maybe sanders will finally play and play well in a pre-season game.

I am with you on giving Latimer his fair shot at the number 2 job, but I think it's inaccurate to say that Latimer is a prototypical Manning receiver.

Marvin Harrison was 6' 190 soaking wet, Reggie Wayne is about 6' 200, and Stokley is a boosted 6' 195. Sanders is 5'11" 180, so just around these guys pretty much.

On the other hand, Latimer is 6'2" 215. He is the first significant receiver that size that has been given to Manning.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Sanders has had this nagging quad the last couple weeks from my understanding. He barely played against Seattle and didn't play against SF. Latimer may be the starter come mid-season, but I doubt that he takes it over by game 1, especially if the only reason is because Sanders was hurt during preseason, or lack of preseason production.
      Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
        I am with you on giving Latimer his fair shot at the number 2 job, but I think it's inaccurate to say that Latimer is a prototypical Manning receiver.

Marvin Harrison was 6' 190 soaking wet, Reggie Wayne is about 6' 200, and Stokley is a boosted 6' 195. Sanders is 5'11" 180, so just around these guys pretty much.

On the other hand, Latimer is 6'2" 215. He is the first significant receiver that size that has been given to Manning.
        DT anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by sodak_bronco View Post
          DT anyone?
          I said "given to Manning," as in an organization brought in Latimer while Manning was QB. Manning came to Denver with Decker and DT in place.

I'm not saying that Manning isn't just as good if not better with big guys, but it is well documented that most of his most productive receivers are shifty average sized guys.
          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Sanders played like he did last week? 1 catch???? I think he needs to do something first before he goes anywhere
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

IMO the size of his receivers doesn't matter to Manning. The only thing that does matter is the ability to get quick separation from their defenders. Either through quickness, size, flat out speed, or very precise routes, or any or all of the above. Most important of all the hands, they have to hold-on when he puts the ball on them. Guys who don't,
              don't seem to last very long with him.

Comment

Sanders needs to get his butt out there and practice. If he doesn't play in the Texans game, he will loose any chance to get any time in with Manning. Manning probably won't even play on the last game.

I know Peyton wants him to be out there. Peyton texted Sanders:
                “I know Peyton was happy for me to be out here. He texted me last night and told me that he would like me to be out here today practicing and catching balls, so it was fun.”

Sanders has been talking the talk ever since he got here with little production. It's time to put up or let Latimer take the spot.

Comment

Meh, Latimer's a rookie.

If Sanders is healthy, he'll be starting Week 1.

Still dont think barring injury Latimer seems much more than red-zone looks.

Comment

Has Sanders been considered for kick return at all, or is tht just not his forte?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post

Marvin was 5'11" 175-180 tops (maybe even 5'10"), much like Sanders, that is what we Colts fans always felt. They always inflated his height and weight on the Colts website.

Also, the NFL is different now, bigger DBs drafted and bigger WRs drafted. Harrison, Wayne and Stokley were all drafted 2001 or earlier. It is safe to say a decade has changed a lot in the NFL .

Look at this picture, do you really believe Marvin Harrison was 6'0"?

http://www.sikids.com/photos/39281/r...ton-manning/21

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                        Marvin was 5'11" 175-180 tops (maybe even 5'10"), much like Sanders, that is what we Colts fans always felt. They always inflated his height and weight on the Colts website.

Also, the NFL is different now, bigger DBs drafted and bigger WRs drafted. Harrison, Wayne and Stokley were all drafted 2001 or earlier. It is safe to say a decade has changed a lot in the NFL .

Look at this picture, do you really believe Marvin Harrison was 6'0"?

http://www.sikids.com/photos/39281/r...ton-manning/21
                        I think the main point of interest with Latimer is not just his size, but his demeanor. I like the idea of having guys who are looking forward to fighting off dbs like Seattle's in those first five yards. Tht's the main reason I really like that pick.

Going back to what you said about bigger corner backs and receivers, I'm not 100% sure the NFL is fully committed to continuing these defensive penalties into the regular season. I think that's where you need your Anquan Bolden types to compete with those knuckle heads in Seattle.

Comment

Ok so I don't know if I'm going to get totally blasted for this or not but here goes. I think by mid to late season we should have Sanders in the slot and Lattimer and DT lining up as #2 and #1.

I think this would help preserve Welker. We could put him in for short conversions on second or third down and have him out the rest of the time. After Welker got that concussion last year it seemed like he wasn't contributing as much and we will need that in the end of the season

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoth View Post
                            Ok so I don't know if I'm going to get totally blasted for this or not but here goes. I think by mid to late season we should have Sanders in the slot and Lattimer and DT lining up as #2 and #1.

I think this would help preserve Welker. We could put him in for short conversions on second or third down and have him out the rest of the time. After Welker got that concussion last year it seemed like he wasn't contributing as much and we will need that in the end of the season
                            You could be right-- makes sense.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoth View Post

Sanders was brought in to replace Welker, not to replace Decker. Latimer will be the eventual Z type wideout on the outside. That is what I have always felt.

Comment

Working...
                              X