No announcement yet.

Tom Curran - Manning Responsible for Welker's Concussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slot receivers typically have routes than cross the middle of the field-where the big guys are. Therefore they will take hits in traffic. Quarterbacks can't think hmm...how many defenders are there so will my slot guy get hit? No the slot guys often get the quick pass because the QB needs to get rid of it. Quarterbacks can study teams defenses to know who might be lurking in the middle-but who studies more than Manning? Probably no one. Wes is short and that makes it tough also. You can't blame Manning for the concussion. Hopefully Wes is fine and if he chooses to play finish the year and quit for his future health

Comment

Manning responsible for Swearinger lighting up Welker...really. Looking for page hits.
      sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Curran reflects many Patriot fans: an incredible lack of brain cells and the ability to say anything intelligent. They have Chowdah on the brain instead. Too bad, I like chowder.

Also Manning is persona non grata in New England and the NE media would likely scold him from saving kids from a flooding bus or something.
        Last edited by LSIGRAD09; 08-27-2014, 12:15 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
          I have watched that play maybe 10 times, it seems to me Swearinger did not need to hit him in the head and clearly looks like he targeted Welker's head. It wasn't necessary, especially in a preseason game. Definitely deserved a flag considering what flags are thrown for nowadays; was it "dirty"? Not necessarily unless its dirty to target a person's head ... OK maybe.
          He was definitely head-hunting; all he had to do was wrap him up, there was absolutely no need for a hit like that in that situation. The way he pushed Wes' head into the ground afterwards speaks volumes, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherclaw View Post
            He was definitely head-hunting; all he had to do was wrap him up, there was absolutely no need for a hit like that in that situation. The way he pushed Wes' head into the ground afterwards speaks volumes, as well.
            from some angles (the poorer ones) it looks like he hits Welker with his shoulder then extends his arm after the play. From other angles which show more of the impact itself it looks like Welker is hit in the head by the elbow first, then the shoulder and then the defender extends his arm to push Welker away from his body so he can then drive him into the turf.

Now if this were accidental then I don't think I'd be too upset but even prior to when Welker ducked Swearinger (Sp?) had lined Welker up either on the chin strap or right to the neck. He simply didn't get low enough to target Welkers torso.

Link can be found here to show this

Comment

Austin Collie probably could answer this question the best

Comment

It was Manning's fault. 3 defenders all around Welker and he still throws it in there. Yea, he completed the pass but it's also preseason and Welker has concussion problems. Seems like Welker is doing fine now but with 3 in the last 10 months and several others over his career Wes is probably going to have a lot of problems down the road. I could see that pass being ok in a close regular season game, but no need for it in the preseason.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
                  When Peyton sees an open receiver he should definitely take a moment to assess whether or not that receiver will be hit in such a way that will result in a concussion. While he's taking the time to do that, he's getting sacked, suffering from a concussion himself. yeah.
                  He threw the ball into a Texans team meeting with the RB WIDE open in the flat with one defender on that side of the hash marks. Manning shouldn't have thrown that ball.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                  X