Harris, DT, JT and TK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harris, DT, JT and TK

Ok guys, any realistic chance we can re sign all these guys? While at the same time retaining Von?

What will our CAP situation be next year?

Please, tell me yes.

I'd like to say yes but in reality probably not. Elway can work the numbers so it could come down to to a matter of wooing these guys to sign smaller contracts. However I do not DT doing so which is a big reason why we got Cody Latimer. Also if I had to choose between them I would definitely pick Chris Harris number one after Von Miller and then Julius Thomas because we have Marvin Austin to replace TK If he receives big money elsewhere which will most likely will be the case.

Comment

Actually, yes.

Depending what the cap is.

Von is under contract next year so they don't need to worry about him until 1-2 more years, can always tag him if need be. Although if he has a huge year, it wouldn't hurt to get talks started with him.

Personally If I were to guess, i'd say they cant keep Harris, im not sure Elway pays, 2 CB's huge money, hope i'm wrong, Harris is one of my favorites but if he keeps playing like this, he may get some #1 CB offers.

OTC has at 108 in cap commitments, cap has been projected to be anywhere from 140 to 150 mil next year.

Cutting Colquitt, along with Prater would save about 5.5 mil which is always helpful.

I would guess projected AAV at 8 for OJ, 10 for Harris, 12-13 for DT, and 7 for Knighton.

Knighton is an interesting case, he'll be 29 and hasn't had a big contract yet. Huge fan favorite and obviously big part to the defense.

Can always backload a team, or restructure a deal if need be.

My guess as I said they don't keep Harris but Den should have plenty of cap room next year, who they keep is up to the Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
        I'd like to say yes but in reality probably not. Elway can work the numbers so it could come down to to a matter of wooing these guys to sign smaller contracts. However I do not DT doing so which is a big reason why we got Cody Latimer. Also if I had to choose between them I would definitely pick Chris Harris number one after Von Miller and then Julius Thomas because we have Marvin Austin to replace TK If he receives big money elsewhere which will most likely will be the case.
        If we have to replace Knighton with Austin, we're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          If we have to replace Knighton with Austin, we're screwed.
          Unless Austin really steps it up the rest the year I would agree with you there of.

He looks like he may have some potential down the right road I'll but I don't think he's so another pot roast at all.

All the other kids we have there around, Williams hasn't really impressed me all so far, if I had to guess I would say that the Elway comes up with enough money to keep Pot roast.

All as for the other people that you listed are up above by in large think overall you're probably a pretty close.

Although I really believe that Elway, Roby was brought in his insurance in case DTs a agent just goes it nuts on salary, looking for mega tron money.

Which after the last game he MIGHT.
          Last edited by Garfield; 10-08-2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I hope we can re-sign DT. God, would I hate to see him in another uniform. Perhaps he sees what life is like for Decker in NY and takes a team friendly deal. 😛
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

We don't have to worry about Von next year. He will be on his 5th year option and could get tagged the year after that.

I hope we keep DT. He is amazing and he will be very expensive.

If we sign DT, I will not be suprised if we will also keep JT too.

I would LOVE to keep Chris Harris. He might be a little cheaper becuase they always don't pay UFDA players as much. But, his price will be high too.

I think Pot Roast will be another odd man out.

Comment

I don't understand how some think Latimer was drafted for the future replacement of DT. It doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

If the CAP goes to 150, we may have a chance.

I'd rather sign Harris than Julius, as much as i love Julius.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                    We don't have to worry about Von next year. He will be on his 5th year option and could get tagged the year after that.

I hope we keep DT. He is amazing and he will be very expensive.

If we sign DT, I will not be suprised if we will also keep JT too.

I would LOVE to keep Chris Harris. He might be a little cheaper becuase they always don't pay UFDA players as much. But, his price will be high too.

I think Pot Roast will be another odd man out.
                    If they don't keep Pot Roast, who replaces him?

Austin is a backup.

Sly hasn't looked all that great.

Unrein is gone.

I'm not saying i'd break the bank for him but he's a big priority.

They should have plenty to at least keep Knighton, and JT/DT especially if they cut Colquitt.

Denver has plenty for one or Harris/Knighton with DT and JT. Not sure they can keep all 4 unless they got some real tricky contract structuring but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                      Unless Austin really steps it up the rest the year I would agree with you there of.

He looks like he may have some potential down the right road I'll but I don't think he's so apart roast at all. All the other kids we have there around Williams I hasn't really impressed me all so I I if it were it if I had to guess I would say that the tollway comes up with enough money to RKT Pol Pot roast.

All as for the other people that you listed are up above BYTEnet think overall you're probably a pretty close.

Although I really believe that towrope he was so brought in his insurance in case of DTs a agent just goes it sucks.
                      I agree on the Pot Roast/DT's situation. Den needs to keep him as long as the price is manageable.

Regards to DT, I think they may be waiting on Dez, and then talks may pick up when he gets his deal. Unless Dez got Calvin type money then all bets are off then.

Comment

This is Welker's last year correct? I hope we don't lose any of the 4 mentioned, they're basically the core of this team. Hopefully the cap goes up & Elway can work some magic.

Comment

I don't think we drafted Roby to retain Harris.

I just feel like Harris is better than Talib right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                            This is Welker's last year correct? I hope we don't lose any of the 4 mentioned, they're basically the core of this team. Hopefully the cap goes up & Elway can work some magic.
                            Yes.

If he can stay healthy, and would sign cheap, i'd sign him for a cheap 1-yr deal as a 3rd down weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMexican View Post
                              I don't think we drafted Roby to retain Harris.

I just feel like Harris is better than Talib right now.
                              Yes and No.

We needed another CB.

Harris' contract is due.

I do agree that Harris is better than Talib right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X