Post game rants - Broncos and Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants - Broncos and Jets

Our STs are a mess! Constant penalties and horrible decision making in terms of not knowing when to just stay in the EZ and start at the 20. This has been as issue for awhile and I don't know why we aren't improving.

Whoever our coach is better fix this mess as we are always having really bad field position.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

What the heck was Caldwell thinking returning the obvious kneel down touchback. Not only did he choose to return it, which netted a mere 5 yards, he hesitated.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
      What the heck was Caldwell thinking returning the obvious kneel down touchback. Not only did he choose to return it, which netted a mere 5 yards, he hesitated.
      I was screaming at the TV..take a knee, take a freaking knee. I don't understand why the coach isn't getting through to these guys about fundamental decision making. Jeez! Makes me nuts.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Any word on the Danny Trevathan injury?

Any word on it? I hope its nothing serious.
        sigpic

Comment

Mri tomorrow

Same knee

No limp or crutches leaving stadium

Comment

It looked like he hyper-extended it on the play, so hopefully it is just like a minor sprain or something. I hope that he didn't re-injure his break but I think if he had he would need crutches or would walk with a limp.
            sigpic
            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
              Mri tomorrow

Same knee

No limp or crutches leaving stadium
              i was at the game my heart sank. this is positive news, thx!

Comment

He made a horrible decision. I get what he was trying to do, create a spark with a possible big return, but he was totally wrong in that situation. Momentum is a m.....watch yo mouth! And the Jets had it at that point. And he created a situation that could have been disastrous.

But as a whole, I don't know what's the problem! It's been a weak spot for decades now, lol! The one bright spot was Holliday, but he was a fumble machine! Our punters and kickers have always been great as far as I can remember. Karlis, Horan, Treadwell, Elam, Rouen, Prater, Colquitt. But the units themselves have been sub-par to average at best.

Maybe it's guys are used to KO's in Mile High where everything is a TB, that when an opponent runs a kick back, we don't know what to do and give up great field position. Or we do everything possible to put the offense in terrible field position. A question that has spanned 3 decades and still no answers.
                #swapping

Comment

Danny Trevathan

Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos 2h2 hours ago

UPDATE: Broncos LB @Grindin_59 to have MRI on left knee on Monday. Initial X-rays were negative. http://dpo.st/1vZjxPx by @MikeKlis

While X-rays taken here Sunday were negative, the Broncos must wait until a more revealing magnetic resonance imaging exam is done Monday before determining the extent of Danny Trevathan's left knee injury.

There is concern Trevathan might have suffered ligament damage, although there wasn't much looseness in the knee. An MRI would determine the extent of ligament damage, if any.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ff-knee-injury

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                    It looked like he hyper-extended it on the play, so hopefully it is just like a minor sprain or something. I hope that he didn't re-injure his break but I think if he had he would need crutches or would walk with a limp.
                    xrays were negative

Comment

Ooops sorry, mods. my internet was real laggy and I guess I missed someone elses post when it didn't load all the subject threads.

You guys know what to do.

Comment

It was that awkward kick return decision-making that lead to the opening play of the Super Bowl...

It was a muffed punt return that cost that OT loss in New England in last year's regular season...

Just need to get on these guys about returns. Field position is huge. Peyton Manning is the greatest to play, but you can't ask him to make up for fumbles, and/or go 85+ yards every drive.

On a side note: every punter on other teams seems to be able to pin Manning and Company deep. EVERY punter.

Comment

At this point it is obvious to me we have no play makers at the return spot.

IMO our return game should focus on fair catching and on kick offs only return kicks not in the end zone.

Do that and focus on no penalties. No reason to push the edge we not going to return anything.

edit - I was thinking it did not need to be said but I know how some posters are...and focus on not doing any turnovers
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Yes but:

AFAIK, there hasn't been a td against them yet this year. I may be wrong about that.

Comment

Caldwell should not be returning kicks. There has to be someone on this team with better return skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X