Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post game rants - Broncos and Jets

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by EvanD View Post
    Have to make it there first.
    I am thinking positively and visualizing us there.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
      http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...fracture-above

      guess its not as bad as it was before. 3-6 weeks. what is concerning is his kneecap dislocated.

      remember how danny t escaped that scary knee incident last season? was it his left knee as well. if so maybe his knee is unstable and has some pull on one side causing his kneecap to move which now has resulted in two fractures.
      Hope it's not 6 weeks....but I also want him to take the time he needs and not rush it. It looks like he has some instability there...hope the docs and physical therapists can come up with a solution.

      Comment


      • #63
        Saw burrow toss himself out of the game I did

        Comment


        • #64
          I know he could be out 3-6 weeks, but does this pretty much end his season already being out of game shape from the last injury, now another 3-6 weeks adding to that? If he comes back, he's not going to be the same player for quite some time, right?

          Comment


          • #65
            Also due to the poor play of the o-line we had to use 2 TE sets as well as bring in an additional linemen to block. The problem with this is you really limit who you can throw to on these plays so it is almost a for sure give away that these are running plays.

            We gave up a sack yesterday using 6 blockers against 3 pass rushers. THAT IS PATHETIC................

            I am not happy with how bad the o-line is playing and instead of getting better they are getting worse and compensating by putting more people at the line. If it takes 6 linemen and/or 2 TE's to block 4 D-Linemen and 2 LB's it only leaves limited WR's or RB on those plays.

            I think the o-linemen need to run some laps and lose some weight so they can actually move their fat behinds to actually run block a little better. We need to bench Clark and put Franklin back at RT. We need to find a decent LG that can actually pull and block.

            I am getting tired of the poor performance of our O-Line and it is about time the coaches did something about it. We are half as effective on the offense than we were last year and you can clearly see it is mainly the O-Line's fault.
            sigpic
            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

            Comment


            • #66
              The Jets defensive line dominate virtually everyone they play against, Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson are really only bested by the likes of JJ Watt, Haloti Ngata and Justin Smith on the defensive line. I think the Jets lead the league in sacks until yesterday as well.

              You are right though, the line does need to block better. Manning was hurried on way too many attempts, it reminded of the Superbowl to be honest....

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                Also due to the poor play of the o-line we had to use 2 TE sets as well as bring in an additional linemen to block. The problem with this is you really limit who you can throw to on these plays so it is almost a for sure give away that these are running plays.

                We gave up a sack yesterday using 6 blockers against 3 pass rushers. THAT IS PATHETIC................

                I am not happy with how bad the o-line is playing and instead of getting better they are getting worse and compensating by putting more people at the line. If it takes 6 linemen and/or 2 TE's to block 4 D-Linemen and 2 LB's it only leaves limited WR's or RB on those plays.

                I think the o-linemen need to run some laps and lose some weight so they can actually move their fat behinds to actually run block a little better. We need to bench Clark and put Franklin back at RT. We need to find a decent LG that can actually pull and block.

                I am getting tired of the poor performance of our O-Line and it is about time the coaches did something about it. We are half as effective on the offense than we were last year and you can clearly see it is mainly the O-Line's fault.
                You're not kidding. Manning was scrambling all day out there because they couldn't protect and hold.

                We also need to fix our freaking special teams, I cant take it anymore, it's a mess.

                And Manning said in his presser that the penalties were killing us and put us in lots of 3rd and longs and stuff and that it was difficult to keep trying to overcome.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                Comment


                • #68
                  Manny and Franklin don't appear to be up to snuff and while they stood out to me I don't think it's all poor play.

                  The Jets had a plan to get to Manning on every down by having their D-Linemen look to penetrate rather than control gaps. They basically threw caution to the wind to get Manning to move his feet. They left open running lanes and Hillman was able to hit them. It was a great plan and worked well until those big guys got tired.
                  Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                    I am not the kind to believe everything he hears or sees, so I second guess enough times like every human. I have always seen Peyton to be a classy individual in public but when I see the Colts defense overcome Luck's mistakes by playing their hearts out for Luck and I had not seen that nearly as much with Peyton, it makes me wonder how he is in personal circles.

                    When Mathis opined after the Colts-Broncos game that there was Peyton and then the 52 other guys, it makes me wonder though. Did guys around him feel like "Peyton is up there, it almost seems like you work for him rather than with him"? Because I saw that with Brady's defenses bailing him out for his mistakes, Flacco's defenses bailing him out for his mistakes, Big Ben's defenses bailing him out for his mistakes. I have only seen Peyton be at the wrong side of his defenses more often than not putting him in bad spots. Suddenly, you start wondering if that guy has this "I am in a class of my own" aura about him in personal circles that makes other teammates, even if they are professionals, not play as hard while playing with him because they don't get that feeling of close camaraderie from him.

                    That, in essence, is the root of my doubts. Since you needed to know, there it is. I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, like most things. It is nothing personal, I can assure you.
                    You know I had to think about this for a couple of minutes but it suddenly occurred to me. This isn't about a joke that he made at a new conference....this the same old criticism of Manning that I have heard for the past 3 years, only more hidden. Your underlying message is that Peyton isn't a team player....other players don't like him....Peyton is a stats padder and is only concerned about his own stats and doesn't care about the team at all. I guess Ware, Talib and Sanders were all lying when they said they wanted to play with Manning.

                    Your suggestion that his own teammates don't play hard enough for him is insulting to everyone involved. Do you really think that the Bronco defense would lay down to get even with Peyton. That is really a cynical and perverted view in my opinion.
                    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried about these plug-in play guys we have in Manny Ramirez and Chris Clark, then the Franklin move. Someone on the game day thread said the Jets have the best front 3 the NFL, could be a reason Ramirez was struggling, but he seemed to struggle last weekend, too. Maybe we should of spent some of that FA money to bring some guys in, not pro bowl players, but maybe guys who have been a little more battle tested. I was certain we'd spend some money to bring in a good RT, at the very least.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I know of 3 holding calls that took away 3 1st downs & killed the drives when we were backed up...I believe every o-lineman had at least 1 penalty except Clark but he also gave up a sack & was beat a couple other times to...

                        this week doesn't get much easier vs 49ers front hopefully they step up & play much better...

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by JesseH View Post
                          I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried about these plug-in play guys we have in Manny Ramirez and Chris Clark, then the Franklin move. Someone on the game day thread said the Jets have the best front 3 the NFL, could be a reason Ramirez was struggling, but he seemed to struggle last weekend, too. Maybe we should of spent some of that FA money to bring some guys in, not pro bowl players, but maybe guys who have been a little more battle tested. I was certain we'd spend some money to bring in a good RT, at the very least.
                          Jets went for broke yesterday. Those DL's came out throwing haymakers trying to get to Manning. While our play wasn't great it was truly like watching Mike Tyson just go nuts. They had some penalties but ultimately weathered the storm. They didn't care about gap control and Hillman managed to burn them. They just wanted to get to Manning.
                          Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by JesseH View Post
                            I know he could be out 3-6 weeks, but does this pretty much end his season already being out of game shape from the last injury, now another 3-6 weeks adding to that? If he comes back, he's not going to be the same player for quite some time, right?
                            No, its not as bad as the first injury.

                            He'll play again but worrisome though.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              This is just my opinion, but I think it's a reach to say that Peyton was "freezing" a receiver out, due to a random comment. I don't think he plays that way. Anything I've ever seen, as far as Peyton's actions go, is that he works hard to elevate the team to a win---sometimes making a bad decision and putting the game on his shoulders.

                              That said, I do remember, or think I remember that during the second Super Bowl (or could be the first one---Colts), he wanted to have some kind of curfew for the players, as he didn't want to have the team hung over or sleepy during practices for the week. At least that's what I recall. I think one of the players, (Freeney, maybe?) said it, but then again, I shouldn't post something I can't back up with proof. So he could have drawn the ire of some fellow Colts players due to his somewhat OCD tendencies about being *game ready* for a very important game. I don't blame him at all for that.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Larryh View Post
                                You know I had to think about this for a couple of minutes but it suddenly occurred to me. This isn't about a joke that he made at a new conference....this the same old criticism of Manning that I have heard for the past 3 years, only more hidden. Your underlying message is that Peyton isn't a team player....other players don't like him....Peyton is a stats padder and is only concerned about his own stats and doesn't care about the team at all. I guess Ware, Talib and Sanders were all lying when they said they wanted to play with Manning.

                                Your suggestion that his own teammates don't play hard enough for him is insulting to everyone involved. Do you really think that the Bronco defense would lay down to get even with Peyton. That is really a cynical and perverted view in my opinion.
                                Well Larryh, it's not only that. He's not only suggesting that his teammates don't/won't play hard for him but is questioning whether Peyton would consciously freeze out Wes Welker out of the game on purpose to get back at him for making a joke. In other words, knowingly putting our team in jeopardy of losing a game to get back at Welker for his comment. I find that suggestion absurd and insulting to Manning's character and professionalism.

                                Why on earth would Manning not use Welker in a game when he's one of his favorite weapons and helps get 3rd downs more times than not. Oh yeah, because he's trying to get back at him for a comment. Ridiculous.

                                As a matter of fact, it was Welker who caught that last 3rd down pass to essentially put the game on ice.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X