Post game rants - Broncos and Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryh View Post
    You know I had to think about this for a couple of minutes but it suddenly occurred to me. This isn't about a joke that he made at a new conference....this the same old criticism of Manning that I have heard for the past 3 years, only more hidden. Your underlying message is that Peyton isn't a team player....other players don't like him....Peyton is a stats padder and is only concerned about his own stats and doesn't care about the team at all. I guess Ware, Talib and Sanders were all lying when they said they wanted to play with Manning.
    This is what is really galling about that insinuation.

If Peyton wasn't a team player, why would he give up much of his time to work with new players? It seems to me that he just wants to get everyone on the same page.

Comment

Shaking my head at this thread. I knew Peyton referenced one of the receivers for making a joke about his being in the league so long that he must've had a leather helmet when he started playing. Peyton was joking about freezing that person out. (I didn't know it was Welker.) But it was clearly a joke. Not sure how anyone could've taken it any other way. End of thread.

Comment

The penalties were a bit much, especially when you look at the ratio of Denver to NYJ calls.

I do wonder why the ball is being centered so high each time. Seems like Peyton is always caught off-guard when the ball is snapped. Maybe the timing is still an issue.

Comment

yes ratio was lopsided but we earned them it'd a been 12 penalties but of Clady's holding calls were declined

Comment

We were playing the Jets, a team that Welker punished for years as a receiver in NE. I assume he was draped with defenders as the Jets were not about to let him go off and put up yards. It may have been why JT was so wide open on multiple occasions. With the talent with the receivers we have somebody is going to get double teamed and Manning will find who is open-period. He wants to win, he throws to who is open. He and Wes are friends too. It seems silly to even ask the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
              Again -- the Broncos probably were just running a lot of two tight-end sets.

Look, we know there's only 11 men on the field, right? After the OL, RB and QB, you have 4 spots left. If you're using two TEs, you only have room for 2 WRs and that's DT and Sanders.

The Jets have a disruptive defensive front and the Broncos wanted to run the ball to take some heat off of the pass rush. With that in mind, you're just not going to use a lot of 3 WR sets.
              Yeah, and as a matter of fact we played with 6 O linemen a lot yesterday with Cornick lining up and reporting as an eligible receiver. Welker simply wasn't on the field for much of the game.
              sigpic

Comment

Did anybody see the play in which he got hurt?
                Was he hit by a helmet above the knee?
                I don't remember anyone hitting him above the knee.

Comment

Watching the 49ers and Rams game. If we don't get out Oline fixed, Manning is gonna be in the dirt all day. They are fast and furious on the passer. Yikes!
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Watching the 49ers and Rams game. If we don't get out Oline fixed, Manning is gonna be in the dirt all day. They are fast and furious on the passer. Yikes!
                    Maybe, but Manning has been known to get rid of the ball fast and if this game is to go off of anything, the 49ers secondary is atrocious. We should be ok imo.

Comment

Originally posted by broncogal4ever View Post
                      Hope it's not 6 weeks....but I also want him to take the time he needs and not rush it. It looks like he has some instability there...hope the docs and physical therapists can come up with a solution.
                      I share the same sentiment however, I think we need to let both injuries fully heal and rehab for the post-season. I want to see a healthy Trevathan in the playoffs. I think Brandon Marshall did a good job in the first three games and will be a good stop gap until Trevathan comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by salbon View Post
                        No, there wasn't a helmet close to his knee at the time he went down. He was engaged with a player and fell once it looked like he applied too much weight/pressure on his knee.

Comment

Originally posted by salbon View Post
                          No, he was just taking on a blocker, twisting and turning, then fell to the ground.

I don't know if astro turf has anything to do with it. Maybe the cleats dig in to the artificial turf for better traction than grass and dirt that has more give. Maybe someone else knows who played on either. Could of just been fluke, "one of those plays" like when Von Miller hurt last season vs the texas. It sucks, though, not having our full squad out there.
                          Last edited by JesseH; 10-13-2014, 10:19 PM.

Comment

that was jt that joked about that i could have sworn
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by JesseH View Post
                              No, he was just taking on a blocker, twisting and turning, then fell to the ground.

I don't if astro turf has anything to do with it. Maybe the cleats dig in to the artificial turf for better traction than grass and dirt that has more give. Maybe someone else knows who played on either. Could of just been fluke, "one of those plays" like when Von Miller hurt last vs the texas. It sucks, though, not having our full squad out there.
                              So far, we've been pretty lucky with injuries.

Minus Danny/Ball.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                                that was jt that joked about that i could have sworn
                                you know i was going to mention, by process of elimination,

DTHomas- 2 humble to say something like that,

Welker- same age as manning, wouldnt make sense,

then you have Mr. Julius "Its 2 Easy" Thomas

out of those three which one would most likely say something like that.. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X