Post game rants - Broncos and Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Part of me almost wonders if the officials are being instructed to try and keep these games close so long as they can find a call. the super easy call which was just stupid was the Fasemask on Juwan Thompson. So much for player safety I guess....
    It was stunning to me that the Jets only had 2 flags. That is so unrealistic that I believe something is operating behind the scenes. I do believe they are trying to keep the game closer; perhaps not wanting Jets fans to leave the stadium by halftime or early as it would look terrible for that to happen 2 games in a row.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      It was stunning to me that the Jets only had 2 flags. That is so unrealistic that I believe something is operating behind the scenes. I do believe they are trying to keep the game closer; perhaps not wanting Jets fans to leave the stadium by halftime or early as it would look terrible for that to happen 2 games in a row.
      There is that and there is also viewership. The Broncos game was televised ALL OVER the place. Canada & the US. So if the game which is the primary game televised is all of a sudden a blow-out then it would likely cut into viewership. As I stated though it is quite concerning that such a blatant facemask call was just ignored. The NFL just as other professional leagues have are trying to find ways to make the game safer. My not calling something like that it undermines that entire message.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        I hate to blame refs, I really do. When there's video evidence of a penalty being committed, it's hard to argue with.

That said, I noticed that during a special teams play, a Broncos player was called for holding or something -- but as I was watching live, I saw that the Jets player hit him with a block in the back right before the penalty occurred. When the flag was thrown, I was sure the block in the back was called -- but the Broncos player was the one penalized. It was frustrating.

Looking at the NFL penalty numbers this year, I see the Jets have averaged 7.33 penalties a game -- odd that it was so much lower than their average this past game.

Comment

• anyones opinions on how cornick did?
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
            I hate to blame refs, I really do. When there's video evidence of a penalty being committed, it's hard to argue with.

That said, I noticed that during a special teams play, a Broncos player was called for holding or something -- but as I was watching live, I saw that the Jets player hit him with a block in the back right before the penalty occurred. When the flag was thrown, I was sure the block in the back was called -- but the Broncos player was the one penalized. It was frustrating.

Looking at the NFL penalty numbers this year, I see the Jets have averaged 7.33 penalties a game -- odd that it was so much lower than their average this past game.
            We played undisciplined, probably due to our weakness in the run, so I am not surprised at our flags (if a guy's not a great run blocker, holds are inevitable).

There were some blatant missed calls on the Jets though that could of been game changing. One in particular was the route Tamme ran that Manning looked like he under threw which hit the defender in the left leg. The replay clearly showed defensive holding which was probably why Tamme was not where Manning threw the ball. Another was the call against Carter (I think) on ST with the hands to the face penalty. It was hands to the face but the defender was also holding him what looked like by the pads. Both should have been flagged and we should have re-kicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              There is that and there is also viewership. The Broncos game was televised ALL OVER the place. Canada & the US. So if the game which is the primary game televised is all of a sudden a blow-out then it would likely cut into viewership. As I stated though it is quite concerning that such a blatant facemask call was just ignored. The NFL just as other professional leagues have are trying to find ways to make the game safer. My not calling something like that it undermines that entire message.
              The only problem with this theory is I've already seen several prime time national games that quickly became blowouts. Games that were specifically chosen for prime time viewership. I think our first primetime game will be Sunday night.

Just a brief look at those games where the point differential was high time and time again the common factor is turnovers. Something refs have a hard time controlling. We are still not getting turnovers. We're +1 on the year. That's tied for 18th in the league.
              Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post

The fact that the refs missed calls that should have resulted in Jets penalties is one thing.

But even if you want to blame the refs, or embark on some sort of conspiracy theory, the Broncos still allowed it to happen by committing their own penalties through poor and sloppy play. Even if the refs had somehow decided to call everything against the Broncos and nothing against the Jets, the Broncos gave them a lot of opportunities to make those calls.

The offensive line simply got manhandled. On almost every play, Denver's blockers either let a defender into the backfield right away, or committed holding in order to stop it from happening. You don't get 11 penalties for over one hundred yards unless you are either outclassed in talent or undisciplined. On Sunday, the Broncos O-line was both.

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                  I think our first primetime game will be Sunday night.
                  It was the opener against the Colts.

Comment

Working...
                  X