Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos are 1 of 3 luckiest teams in the league in regards to injuries

The Lucky Three

New England, Denver and Cleveland have not had any significant injuries.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/24/nfl-injuries/
    On the other hand, #1 on this list is your division rival Chargers. I can't remember the last time that a team lost its #1, #2 and #3 RBs before even week 5. And that's on top of many, many other significant injuries to other positions.

Be grateful for your team's health.
    Last edited by Boltzfan88; 10-13-2014, 02:14 AM.

Starting the excuses early, eh?
    sigpic

Comment

O we know plenty about health. Last year we loss many key pieces including von miller, Ryan clady, and most of our defense. We have also seen the rb injuries pile up during the cutler years because of that hillis was able to make a name for himself and we pulled someone who was selling cell phones in to run the ball.

we have been fairly healthy but we loss our best coverage linebacker and our number one rb. But yes we have been fairly healthy.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Really? Because the Browns just lost their pro-bowl Center Alex Mack with a broken fibia for the whole year

Comment

Originally posted by Boltzfan88 View Post
          On the other hand, #1 on this list is your division rival Chargers. I can't remember the last time that a team lost its #1, #2 and #3 RBs before even week 5. And that's on top of many, many other significant injuries to other positions.

Season's still young, so many things can go wrong. Besides, injuries killed us last season. Going through the playoffs with all those injuries to elite players was absolutely brutal. Especially after tough games against you guys and the Cheatriots.

Comment

Is this a serious post? After last year, all the injuries we suffered and still advanced to the SuperBowl, I don't even want to hear about injuries.

On the other note, I sure hope Danny is ok.

Comment

You guys relax. I'm not saying "Broncos are always lucky, they never get injuries!"

This is just based on this YOUNG season. I realize things in this sport change by fast.

As for the poster asking about excuses, nope. If the Broncos beat the Bolts, then the Broncos will have earned it. Next man up.

Comment

You guys relax. I'm not saying "Broncos are always lucky, they never get injuries!"

This is just based on this YOUNG season. I realize things in this sport change by fast.

As for the poster asking about excuses, nope. If the Broncos beat the Bolts, then the Broncos will have earned it. Next man up.
                At RB its looking like Oliver may be the better option anyway... maybe a blessing? Matthews has had problems staying as the #1 RB his whole career, Donald Brown is OK but Oliver is looking good... I hope he stays as the #1 :thumb:
                sigpic

Comment

Who cares? You won't find sympathy from us who had a team that ended up missing there star LT in Clady, star Linebacker in Von Miller and stud CB in Harris amongst others going into the superbowl last year. Jeez.

Comment

Where was this last year when literally half the starting D was on IR? And some of the rest missing time from injury?

And its just not true that we havent had a major injury. Trevathon is out again, as is our #1 RB.
                    sigpic

Comment

In all honesty, if there is one position where most teams can find capable replacements, it seems like it would be RB. Thus the reason why the modern groupthink is that selecting one high in the draft is a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                        Where was this last year when literally half the starting D was on IR? And some of the rest missing time from injury?

And its just not true that we havent had a major injury. Trevathon is out again, as is our #1 RB.
                        I think the point the OP is trying to make is that the Broncos are relatively healthy compared to the rest of the league. 2 injuries to starters, Montee and Danny. To be honest, I don't think there are too many people in Bronco Country complaining that Ball is out and our other backs are getting a shot and are actually producing. So really, it's almost as if we have one major injury.

Don't get me wrong, I personally like Ball, and think a lot of the blame falls with the O Line and their lowered level of play this year, but I'm happy Juwan and Ronnie are getting a chance.
                        2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
                          I think the point the OP is trying to make is that the Broncos are relatively healthy compared to the rest of the league. 2 injuries to starters, Montee and Danny. To be honest, I don't think there are too many people in Bronco Country complaining that Ball is out and our other backs are getting a shot and are actually producing. So really, it's almost as if we have one major injury.

Don't get me wrong, I personally like Ball, and think a lot of the blame falls with the O Line and their lowered level of play this year, but I'm happy Juwan and Ronnie are getting a chance.
                          I understood the point. I am also quite well aware that last year when we a hospital wing for a defensive unit, no one not a Bronco fan seemed to even notice. And it certainly hasnt stopped the avalance of criticism and jokes over what happened in the SB, with that many players out.
                          sigpic

Comment

The SI article is outdated. Pats lost Mayo and Ridley for the year. Hoping against hope but odds against having no significant injuries is very slim for any team.

Comment

What is the point of a Charger fan coming into a Broncos forum & starting a Thread like this ??????

I understand talking alittle trash ETC, but to come on here & start this Thread ????!!

Consider him a cast away fan

The Chargers don't claim him as a fan :-)
                              WTH ___ ? Really dude ?

Oh yeah.....The Bolts are looking forward to a 4-2 Broncos on Thursday night football

Comment

Working...
                              X