X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    And SD is lucky to not have faced any sort of decent team since week 2. There is no point to this thread you can't control injuries and you can't control schedules.
    you are actually spot on, SD did get lucky our easy part of the schedule happened when we were so banged up.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    chargers are starting to get healthier and i'm sure after the broncos game they will have a chance to get a lot healthier due to the fact that they play just one game in the next 24 days after the Denver game.

by the time we come back from the bye we should definitely have mathews and ingram back as well as get a lot of other guys recharged and healthy again.

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied
    Bronco running backs on IR in 2008: Michael Pittman, Ryan Torain, Andre Hall, Peyton Hillis, P.J. Pope, and Selvin Young. Don't think Tatum Bell and Boyd got hurt that year but I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    One thing that gets lost in all the Broncos' injuries last season is that Manny Ramirez was our 3rd-string center. J.D. Walton was the starter in the offseason, then we re-signed Dan Koppen and he also got injured. Personally, I wish we had kept Walton but that ship has sailed.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    The season is very early in, and using the word "lucky" seems a bit over the top. Sure, if a team lost a handful of star players for the season, the injury comparison may have some merit, but so much can and will happen going forward. The so called "lucky" team today may not be so lucky later. Similarly, the "unlucky" team today may get even "unluckier" (using their terminology).

Bottom line, play hard, hope for few injuries, and regardless, adapt and adjust accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• orangebarrel
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
    I remember in 2008, Denver was down to what? its 7th RB I think by the end of the season?
    08 was rough

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Yeah you're so unlucky to have uncovered possibly the next star RB of the nfl. I mean - Ryan Matthews has been more trouble than he's been worth anyways - so aren't you glad Oliver is carrying the ball for you guys

Leave a comment:

• orangebarrel
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltzfan88 View Post
    On the other hand, #1 on this list is your division rival Chargers. I can't remember the last time that a team lost its #1, #2 and #3 RBs before even week 5. And that's on top of many, many other significant injuries to other positions.

Be grateful for your team's health.
    Last year we saw enough injuries that we had 7 back ups playing on defense late in the season. So we know all about injuries. As a matter of fact it was that same defense that beat the chargers in the playoffs

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Starting the excuses early, eh?
    Preemptive rationalization at its finest.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    Op must not recall 2008 when the broncos lost six consecutive rbs to ir
    Not only that but at one time we did not have any of our starting LBs on the field. One of our FBs was playing LB at one point.

To add to the last year stuff ... how many starters missed the Super Bowl? Clady, Von and Harris were all top notch players. Von and Clady were already known to be All Pro type players and Harris is finally getting some reconition.

We have had injuries this year too...just not as bad as recent years...and people can whine all they want from other teams man we been due for a healthy year. The truly good teams win inspite of injuries like how we did last year.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
    Really? Because the Browns just lost their pro-bowl Center Alex Mack with a broken fibia for the whole year
    Not to mention much of the defensive line.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosPWNn00bs
    replied
    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Please don't remind me that season was rough. I doubt for while we will see team go through 7 RB in one season.
    Yea, that season was rough, but I had a lot of fun that season for some reason. Was an exciting season. But yea, I remember going in to week 17, with that South Carolina RB. Forgot his name, but I was all hyped about him But yea, that season in the end wasn't very fun. Would have liked to see what we could have done if we didn't completely blow it.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
    I remember in 2008, Denver was down to what? its 7th RB I think by the end of the season?
    Please don't remind me that season was rough. I doubt for while we will see team go through 7 RB in one season.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosPWNn00bs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    And SD is lucky to not have faced any sort of decent team since week 2. There is no point to this thread you can't control injuries and you can't control schedules.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X