Broncos fans, what's the word on injuries? Here are the 49ers injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos fans, what's the word on injuries? Here are the 49ers injuries

Hey Bronco fans, I come in peace. I was wonder who is injured or otherwise out for Sunday's game, and in return I'll give you guys the scoop on the 49ers.

It's really good news for you guys, to be honest.

OUT:
    Aldon Smith (suspension)
    NaVarro Bowman (knee)
    Patrick Willis (toe, unlikely to play)
    Tramaine Brock (toe, starting corner, out)
    Mike Iupati (concussion, starting Pro Bowl G, may or may not play)
    Glenn Dorsey (bicep, starting NT, out)
    Jimmy Ward (quadriceps, starting nickleback)
    Anthony Davis (knee, starting RT)

SLOWED BY INJURY:
    Vernon Davis (back, Pro Bowl TE)

That's basically the most important ones. Some really good players won't play in this game, but having three of four starting linebackers out is going to be a huge deal. Honestly I expect a Denver win by two scores at least.

So what's the word on Denver's injuries?

Originally posted by 94niners View Post
    Hey Bronco fans, I come in peace. I was wonder who is injured or otherwise out for Sunday's game, and in return I'll give you guys the scoop on the 49ers.

It's really good news for you guys, to be honest.

OUT:
    Aldon Smith (suspension)
    NaVarro Bowman (knee)
    Patrick Willis (toe, unlikely to play)
    Tramaine Brock (toe, starting corner, out)
    Mike Iupati (concussion, starting Pro Bowl G, may or may not play)
    Glenn Dorsey (bicep, starting NT, out)
    Jimmy Ward (quadriceps, starting nickleback)
    Anthony Davis (knee, starting RT)

SLOWED BY INJURY:
    Vernon Davis (back, Pro Bowl TE)

That's basically the most important ones. Some really good players won't play in this game, but having three of four starting linebackers out is going to be a huge deal. Honestly I expect a Denver win by two scores at least.

So what's the word on Denver's injuries?
    Man, the 49ers are missing some good Pro Bowl talent on both sides of the ball right now, but still pretty darn good team. Danny Trevathan is being ruled out 3-6 weeks not too many other injuries to report here. The Broncos so far in early stages of the season have been blessed with no major injures to key players.
    sigpic

Comment

Comment

Sounds like us last year, but no one cares about injuries.

49ers are going to have to overachieve like we did last year.

Comment

Trevathan was put on short term IR and wont be back until mid-December
          Montee Ball is out and will be out for a few weeks. Hillman seems to be running better than Ball was.

I am sure there others that are slightly banged up, but I think most will be probable if they are listed in today's IR report.

Comment

Injuries, short week and a night game at altitude are obstacles the Niners will try to overcome. It's a tough assignment for them. Their serious injuries are to the D and O-Line, two areas that will need to step up if they expect to win.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Injuries, short week and a night game at altitude are obstacles the Niners will try to overcome. It's a tough assignment for them. Their serious injuries are to the D and O-Line, two areas that will need to step up if they expect to win.
              The other areas of their team will also need to compensate for the lesser-than talent playing as well. Just like Denver did last season. Clark was good but he wasn't anywhere near Clady's level of play. So the niners will need to pull off something similar. Kapernick did a good job of compensating with his legs extending drives the Broncos will need to eliminate that from happening if we want to win.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                Sounds like us last year, but no one cares about injuries.

49ers are going to have to overachieve like we did last year.
                Denver had Peyton Manning playing the best of his career, though. This will be a blow out.

Comment

Like mentioned we are missing our starting OLB Trev and starting RB Ball. Our backup RB did really well last week so there is not much of a drop off there though I may start a argument or two by saying that.

The 9ers got allot of injuries man. Sorry to hear that but its football. We had more then our share in recent years and it truly is a blessing to be as healthy as we currently are.

Some of our injured guys from last year seem to be really getting into top form the last couple weeks as well which is nice because they missed most/all of Training Camp and Preseason.

This gonna be a tough one for the 9ers but no one is calling it a lock. I expect a good game this coming Sunday night.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Iupati and Willis are OUT.

Culliver, Ward, Brock and Anthony Davis are questionable.

Comment

Am I wrong with my original post? I guess I don't see the point in other fans of teams coming here to tell us how many injuries they have compared to ours other than to say, "I'm just pointing this out, you know, just in case we lose."

A Chargers fan did the same thing just days before this was posted and said, "Denver Broncos 1 of 3 luckiest teams to not have significant injuries" I basically told him, "define luck?" what, we have a magic fairy who comes around sprinkling good luck pixie dust on the team?

If you want to know about team injuries, google it, we had a ton of guys out for the super bowl. There is no askerist* next to the Denver Broncos name, "but had significant injuries" in the loss. In the big picture, no one care about your injuries or if you lose because of them, it's devastating, and I'm not saying it's tough, but it's simply part of the game.
                      Last edited by JesseH; 10-17-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Broncos have been very lucky in many ways this season. They barely beat the Jets with the help of some bad calls and lucky bounces.

I think the main thing is, SF probably doesn't care much about this game because it's a non-conference, non-division foe. That's why they're happy to hold out some of their best players to rehab from minor injuries.

Comment

We are 7 weeks into the NFL cheerleading season, which means that big name injuries are starting to add up. Dr. Eddiemac provides insights on the most significant injuries, the most important position changes, and the expected impact to your fantasy cheerleading squads.

Explosive rookie Becca Laredo of the Houston Texans will be out for three games with a torn rotator cuff. Fantasy cheerleading directors will definitely feel her loss as she is uniquely versatile, as gifted with her down-ups as her left-rights. She has been averaging 2.6 televised face close-ups per game, and broke the all-time Texans record for most consecutive seconds shown on the jumbotron (5.4 seeconds).

Barbi Daniels of the Kansas City Chiefs is expected to be placed on the inactive list for one game due to the discovery of very visible red rashes running down both of her legs. This is a stroke of horrible luck as she is crucial to the Chiefs’ Wildcat play (the one where she dances like a wild cat).

Highly anticipated Melanie Selena of the Seattle Sea Gals will be out for the rest of the season as a result of being sweaty. The squad change comes as no surprise as she was getting less and less cheer time after a disappointing performance in Game 1 when her bangs were visibly stuck to her forehead.

Dawn Andrews of the Carolina Panthers is questionable for her next game against the Buffalo Jills. Blog NFLCheerleadersAndTheCastofGlee.com reports that it will be a gametime decision whether she is able to cheer on her sprained ankle. Fantasy cheerleading directors should probably risk it and start her because she is known to have breakout games against the Falcons. Last year in Atlanta, she had 6 cartwheels, 3 backflips, and 8 high fives (5 received, 3 given).

Center Asian Linh Wu of the Kansas City Chiefs had been on pace to recover from a hairline fracture of her right (dominant cheering) thumb; however, on Monday, a large patch of a particularly visible strain of rash was discovered on her chest. Second and third string Asians Kira Wang and Linda Xi will be competing this week for her spot.

An even-keeled leader in the locker room, Melanie Saxe of the Atlanta Falcons is expected to be fully recovered from her unattractive pink eye by Sunday.

Bad-girl Sandra Burke of the Oakland Raiders will be back in the lineup next Sunday after having completed her jail time. Arrested last year for bringing a gun into a roller skating rink, she was sentenced to six months in jail and fined $20,000 by the league. On Wednesday, she was back at practice, and squad director Julie Mortenson said Burke “sparkles as bright as ever.”

Doctors are cautiously optimistic that Betsy Smith, Victoria Ellis, Kendra Eckerd, Robin Day, Dianna Melrose, Leslie Faxon, Leila Rayburn, and Erica Thompson all of the Kansas City Chiefs will have their rashes under control by game day.

Kansas City Chiefs cheerleading director Stacie Thompson is currently under review and may be fired after having thoughtlessly selected “Among the Sumac and Ivy in the Kansas City Botanical Garden” as this year’s swimsuit calendar theme. All of the proceeds from calendar sales will support local landmark, the Kansas City Botanical Garden.
                          sigpic

Comment

Man!!!! Miller is gonna have one of the best games of his career against the Bum tackle that is Jonathan Martin! Get the clown suit ready!
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
                              Broncos have been very lucky in many ways this season. They barely beat the Jets with the help of some bad calls and lucky bounces.

I think the main thing is, SF probably doesn't care much about this game because it's a non-conference, non-division foe. That's why they're happy to hold out some of their best players to rehab from minor injuries.
                              New England needed a blocked field goal to beat the Jets. Packers needed a monumental collapse to beat the Jets. Lions and Bears both should have lost to the Jets. That's just been the Jets this year. Has nothing to do with the Broncos and their luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X