How did we get this schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did we get this schedule

I just realized that we play this sunday night and then turn right around and play on Thursday night....that sucks

Is that any different than playing on a Sunday at 1 or 4, then playing on Thursday?

I hate it too but everyone has to play on Thursdays.

Comment

At least both at home.. 49ers had to play on the road Monday night and on the road gain Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by killacal View Post
        I just realized that we play this sunday night and then turn right around and play on Thursday night....that sucks
        at least you don't have to go on the road to play SD on Thursday night two years in a row, someone explain that one to me?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          at least you don't have to go on the road to play SD on Thursday night two years in a row, someone explain that one to me?
          At least you guys don't have to go into NE three years in a row. Every team has their scheduling issues, just got to push through it and get over it

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoth View Post
            At least you guys don't have to go into NE three years in a row. Every team has their scheduling issues, just got to push through it and get over it
            that is exactly my point.
            sigpic

Comment

im gonna be corny here and say thats why they make the big bucks...
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by killacal View Post
                Everything evens out eventually. For example that means we get extra days to prepare for the Pats...

Comment

i realized that as well, least a sunday game at 1 or 4 o clock you have extra couple hours to recover but guess nothing can do about it, least they are home games
                  sigpic

Comment

The Chargers have an extra 3-4 hours to rest but they also have to travel.

They probably have more to complain about than we do.

Chiefs aren't too much worse than the Niners and its a division rival for them.
                    sigpic

Comment

At home Sunday night, Thursday night and then a mini-bye before going to New England isn't a bad setup against three tough opponents.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I do not like the fact we play 3 of the 4 first place teams we play (Cin, NE, Sea, Indy) on the road.

Besides that it sucks but look at NE schedule too. They just had two division games in 5 days and look at the rest of their schedule.

Sun Chi
                        Sun Den
                        Sun Night @ Indy
                        Sun Det
                        Sun GB
                        Sun @ SD

We are not only ones with rough schedule this year...tho I still think ours is harder because atleast SD has a legit shot to win the Div while NE has not had that pressure in years.

Least we get to play the Raiders twice
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

As long as we are pointing out flaws in NFL scheduling, I hate that we play 5 of the first 7 games in Denver, then go on the road for 3 straight weeks. I don't think I've ever seen 3 consecutive home/away games before, but maybe I just haven't noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            The Chargers have an extra 3-4 hours to rest but they also have to travel.

They probably have more to complain about than we do.

Chiefs aren't too much worse than the Niners and its a division rival for them.
                            So in other words, meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
                              As long as we are pointing out flaws in NFL scheduling, I hate that we play 5 of the first 7 games in Denver, then go on the road for 3 straight weeks. I don't think I've ever seen 3 consecutive home/away games before, but maybe I just haven't noticed.
                              It's not the first time but it's also a trend I hate.

It's something that we have done pretty much every year with Manning. Our schedule is always back loaded with road games. It seems like their trying extra hard to try and knock Manning's teams off their perch at the top of the division.

P.S. Just checked and all three seasons under Manning we have had 5 road games vs 3 home games in the second half of every one.
                              Last edited by DenverBlood; 10-17-2014, 12:30 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X