Chargers vs Broncos... thoughts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers vs Broncos... thoughts??

Thoughts on the game plan? Keys to win? Predictions for the score? Discuss!

I will be looking for:
    - Defense to stop the run (Brandon Oliver) and prevent them from controlling TOP
    - PFM to carve up their depleted defense and pick specifically on CB Richard Marshall (assuming Brandon Flowers and Jason Verrett are both out)

I am sooo anxious for this game!!
    sigpic

It should be an interesting game. The other thing of interest was when John Fox talked about having special planning sessions in the off season especially to deal with the short week. They won't get caught off guard this year like they did last year. I expect them to have a good game this week against the Chargers.
    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

I expect the Broncos to win by a couple of touchdowns. They will be better prepared for the short week opposed to last year. San Diego is dealing with a ton of injuries. I see another Talib int, I see another good day for the O line & RB's, and I see Peyton lighting it up. 41- 17 Broncos win.

Comment

San Diego will have the same strategy as before, limit TOP for Manning. The only way we can combat that is to shut down San Diego and give Peyton more opportunities.

I think our D is starting to come together and this will be the week we need them to show. If they do the San Diego D will not hold. The SD D statistically looks better than they are because they own the ball on O so much.

SD only chance it turnovers so we have to take care of the ball.
        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Broncos just came off their most complete game with only a couple of minor injuries.

Chargers have several key injuries and are coming to Denver.

I like the Broncos chances.

Prediction Broncos 38-27 (due to a late Charger score for the illusion of a close game)

Prediction continued: 5 sacks, Roby gets a pick, Latimer gets activated and scores 1st TD and against my better judgement... Hillman has another 100 yard day, a TD and no fumbles!
          Last edited by FR Tim; 10-21-2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I don't like to take any game easily, they clearly have enough talent to give us a hard time. I see our Defense making big time difference. if we contain oliver and Keenan allen we should be all good.

Comment

I expect our defense to shut down San Diego's running game, meaning Rivers is going to have to beat us. I don't see him being able to outscore our offense.

Comment

1) We need to continue doing our good work so far of stopping the run (especially Oliver)
                2) We need to use the Von/Ware combo to create pressure on Rivers. Rivers has 11 sacks this year, hopefully we will add to that amount!
                3) San Diego's center is a previous backup. Hopefully we can use that to our advantage.
                4) We need to get them off the field as soon as we can on those 3rd and long situations
                5) PENALTIES - we need to control the amount of penalties!
                6) I have confidence that Manning knows the weakneses of the SD secondary. It also has been depleated. I see Manning could have a big day!
                7) Fox says they were planning extensively in the off-season on a thursday night game prep like this one. Hopefully his planning will pay off.
                8) The run game has been decent the past couple games. Hopefully this will continue to some extent. I hope the Hillman/J Thompson combo will work.
                9)River's and company are still going to try to play the keep-away game and run long clock running games to keep Manning from scoring. This won't work if we do the previous steps
                10) I have total confidence we will come out in the W column

I think still this will be a 27-20 broncos win. This win will give us a 1 1/2 game lead in the division.
                Last edited by johntbronco; 10-21-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Chargers run offense is, I believe, 29th overall. So we need to make sure we keep them at 29th.

Gotta stop the 3rd down falling apart. Rivers is having a great season and he will pick us apart on 3rd down if our defense continues to play abysmal on 3rd down and medium-long yardage to go.

We gotta keep the momentum of Hillman going. He's had 2 great games in a row, and we need to extend it to 3 games.

Stay with the hot hands. DT is on a year since the bye week. Keep feeding the ball to him, even if it means going to JT a little less.

One more thing, Cornick has gotta play better. He needs to seize this starting opportunity or it will be given back to Clark. I'll give Cornick a partial pass against the 49ers since it was his first career start and he could have had jitters. No more pass for him though. He has gotta step it up.
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

They rely on the run game to control TOP. Our D's greatest strength is our ability to stop the run. Stop the run, force Rivers to throw, jam Keenan Allen and force some TOs. We win 38-24.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I am wondering where this notion comes from that Denver is not very good in shutting teams down on 3rd down. I have looked at the stats and the stats look pretty good:

Seattle 7/17 conversions on third down
                      Arizona 3/16 conversions on third down
                      New York 5/14 conversions on third down
                      San Francisco 3/13 conversions on third down

I don't know how these stats compare to the rest of the league but they sure look like our defense is doing the job on 3rd down to me.
                      Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryh View Post
                        I am wondering where this notion comes from that Denver is not very good in shutting teams down on 3rd down. I have looked at the stats and the stats look pretty good:

Seattle 7/17 conversions on third down
                        Arizona 3/16 conversions on third down
                        New York 5/14 conversions on third down
                        San Francisco 3/13 conversions on third down

I don't know how these stats compare to the rest of the league but they sure look like our defense is doing the job on 3rd down to me.
                        I thought we were doing poorly on 3rd down as well until I saw the stats the other night. What lead me to thinking that was giving up 3rd and really longs a few times. It seemed like we had the 9ers backed into those and they were able to convert. Of course the other team is playing also and making plays but it wasn't until I rewatched did I realize that we only gave up 3 3rd downs but I believe all 3 were very long so it seemed like we weren't able to get off the field, but it wasn't really true.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think the difference in this game will be our pass rush. Von Miller can take advantage of Fluker, who is quite similar to Orlando Franklin as a mauler that does not play very well in space. Miller is too quick and as a bonus he plays mostly against RTs. There will clearly be a mismatch favoring the Broncos. Rivers won't be able to outscore Manning if Miller and Ware put pressure on him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Unlike kaepernick who missed those long passes rivers will hit those 9/10 so our pass rush has to be all over rivers if they cant get to him rough him up

Stop the run and hopefully they can contain kenan allen

Comment

I was a lot more concerned about this game at the beginning of the season than I am now. When the season started I was concerned that they would make a run at the AFC West, I am no longer concerned about that and here is why:

Week 2 they dominated the Seahawks (who beat us). The league took notice. But we all know never judge a team by how it plays in the first couple of weeks.

Since then look at who they have played. Only one competent defense and QB, and that was a loss. Over the last 5 weeks they have played EJ Manuel, Blake Bortles, Geno Smith, David Carr and Alex Smith. Like I said 1 good QB. However keep an eye on Carr kid looks to be a player. But none the less SD has been inflated by bad competition. I know they have "injuries" but so did the Broncos las year and kept winning. The last 5 weeks from them is gonna be hell. I wouldn't be surprised if they went 0-5 or 1-4 in that stretch.

If SD was healthy I'd expect the Broncos to win by 10 points, with SD not healthy I expect to be up 21 points at some point. After that SD "makes it close" with Del Rio Prevent defense.

I also expect week 17 between KC and SD to battle it out for the last WC spot.
                              Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 10-21-2014, 04:35 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X