What matchups would you like for the Broncos in the playoffs/SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What matchups would you like for the Broncos in the playoffs/SB

If you're gonna say it doesn't matter as long as they win, don't post it because that's boring.

I personally would like:

1.first round bye with homefield advantage throughout
    2. Divisional win against car chargers
    3. AFC championship win against the indianapolis colt 45 malt liquors
    4. Rematch and win against the seattle chickenhawks OR 49ers

I live in AZ however, and would love to see AZ pull the upset and win that division

Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    If you're gonna say it doesn't matter as long as they win, don't post it because that's boring.

I personally would like:

1.first round bye with homefield advantage throughout
    2. Divisional win against car chargers
    3. AFC championship win against the indianapolis colt 45 malt liquors
    4. Rematch and win against the seattle chickenhawks OR 49ers

I live in AZ however, and would love to see AZ pull the upset and win that division
    Number one, please.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

1. Win the Super Bowl

2. Whatever. It doesn't matter after number 1.

Comment

Seahawks! It's all about getting that revenge. Not sure if that will happen now though, the chickens are struggling.

Comment

Seahawks are still the team that can frustrate Manning....so no. Would prefer playing anyone else.

In the AFC the tiers appear to be:
          Colts (legit good team)
          Ravens, Chargers, and Pats (competitive but flawed)
          Bengals and KC (will make the playoffs)

Comment

Seahawks frustrated Manning in their home stadium, but he eventually figured them out. Unfortunately the defense wasn't quite playing this well yet.

That's the match I want. Not really just revenge, but because I'd rather say they beat the best.

Comment

Beat the Cowboys in the Superbowl...Badly!
              [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                Beat the Cowboys in the Superbowl...Badly!
                Revenge for SB XII.

Comment

My road the Lombardi would be .... bye, NE, Indy, GB for the win.

And could easily accept any of BAL, SD, SF or DAL as alternates.

I know it is early in the season but SEA just has the feel of a team that is coming unraveled. I would not be surprised if they add to the trend of SB winners not making the playoffs the following year.

Comment

I would like a bye, SD,Indy,than a beatdown on Dallas in the superbowl
                    sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                    UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

49ers, payback for the 80's
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Denver can beat anyone in the NFL, only team that scares me is Seattle just because of matchups. But I'm more confident now than I was at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                          Seahawks frustrated Manning in their home stadium, but he eventually figured them out. Unfortunately the defense wasn't quite playing this well yet.

That's the match I want. Not really just revenge, but because I'd rather say they beat the best.
                          It may have been more of fatigue at the end then figuring them out, I could say that for both defenses really. Both defenses played excellent for most of that game, but then SEA gives up a TD in 59 seconds after giving up no TDs(aside from one on a short field)for 59 minutes, and 1 second. Denver's defense as well, played very well most of the game but gave up a TD on the first drive of OT.

As for beating the best, I would say at this point that's Dallas in the NFC, not the Seahawks.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                            My road the Lombardi would be .... bye, NE, Indy, GB for the win.

And could easily accept any of BAL, SD, SF or DAL as alternates.

I know it is early in the season but SEA just has the feel of a team that is coming unraveled. I would not be surprised if they add to the trend of SB winners not making the playoffs the following year.
                            There does seem to be that trend as of late, but I think it had more to do with the Giants and Ravens being teams that were 9-7/10-6 throughout the season, but had a hot streak at the end of the year. Giants had the same record in 2011 as they did in 2012, but it wasn't enough to get in in 2012. BAL did take a 2 game dip, but they didn't play like a SB contender throughout the year. When teams don't play like contenders throughout the year, but get a hot streak at the end of the year and play like one, it may not continue into the next year because those teams are likely not as consistent. I think it may be more of the teams that won not being teams that consistently play like contenders, as opposed to SB hangovers. Seattle may indeed be suffering from one right now though, although it may be more of them being figured out as well.

Comment

How about Denver/Green Bay 2? It would be like a mirror image of the 97 game in terms of QB anyways. Both teams will future HOF's at the QB position that have won the MVP in the past. Denver again with the aging veteran in his final years and Green Bay again with the much younger but very established upstart.

Comment

Working...
                              X