Manning telling crowd to shut up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning telling crowd to shut up

I know everyone saw him get pissed and shout "shut up" when the crowd went wild during the final drive leading to the false start. This was later attributed to the scoreboard operator.

Thoughts? Reactions?

My 2 cents: the crowd should know to be quiet however, if they dont...too bad! Play football.

It is a luxury PM has when playing at home.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I believe his wrath was directed at the scoreboard/music....

Comment

The fans should know to be quiet, I was yelling the same thing at home.
        sigpic

Comment

http://deadspin.com/peyton-manning-h...d-o-1650228658

He was upset with the scoreboard people because they were playing music and showing people dancing and riling up the crowd while on offense. He also said they were showing shots of Rivers and he felt it was disrespectful.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

And in other news, Denver is looking for a new scoreboard operator...

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              And in other news, Denver is looking for a new scoreboard operator...
              It must be Fox's fault.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Everyone was really in to that game....it happens..the audio visual folks are human.....give em a brake Manning

Comment

I think it is a little tasteless to be showing close-ups of Rivers and kicking a dog while he's down by eliciting boos from the crowd (Rivers to his credit handled it really well both during and after the game when asked about it)

In Indianapolis, Peyton had the crowd conditioned into being quiet on offense and rowdy on defense - exactly what a crowd should be doing to give a team home field advantage

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    It must be Fox's fault.
                    Just another example of Fox's failure as a leader. He can't even control the scoreboard operator, how can we expect him to lead this team to a SB win if he can't even keep the hometown scoreboard operator under control?

/sarcasm
                    sigpic

Comment

It happens all the time. .the home team shows the opposing QB when they are losing. As for the music etc. ...i dont know that it's ever been an issue before. ..nothing to create wind storm over.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        It must be Fox's fault.
                        lmao.....lmao:clap:
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I gotta think the fans and scoreboard operator are smarter than that. It makes no sense to be screaming and making noise while the offense is at the LOS. After plays of course, but it's foolish to be loud as the team is calling plays.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                            I gotta think the fans and scoreboard operator are smarter than that. It makes no sense to be screaming and making noise while the offense is at the LOS. After plays of course, but it's foolish to be loud as the team is calling plays.
                            Yeah, kind of a funny situation. I do believe most fans are as you describe but in the stands people act with crowd-think and are very easily worked up as they are trained to be by the very use of the board.

So, this does fall on the operator probably getting caught up in the moment and not being too discerning. It won't happen again.

Comment

I was at the game and the crowd was loud at that point, so I don't blame him if we was yelling at us directly. The game wasn't over yet and it caused a false start.

But in the crowd's defense, the things they were showing on the scoreboard was getting everyone riled up. Then they would show the "shhhh... Peyton is working" signs up there right after, expecting everyone to just shut up within a second. Everyone was just happy about the win being around the corner, and we couldn't contain our happiness lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X